<-BTCC-> Media Thread

Driver of the season (Please do not vote for self)

• street-king (chivas PAR)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • qrtintheshade (Team 'Murica)

• glenn_cullen (MTMsport racing)

• DR_Ingo (Race Craft motorsport)

• canyondrifter (PAR)

• True blue (DPR)

• CptMadBean (DPR)

• hurleyman (DPR)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So BTCC begins tonight. With 4 world champions on the grid, this promises to be hugely competitive. After the winter break, everyone has emerged from the dark garage, and headed off to the USA, for the season opener at Laguna Seca.

Series director @rolo912011 (rolo912011) has worked hard to balance all cars. He's decided to run as an independent, with Black Panther Racing in the peugeot. 'The cars are well balanced' he told BTCCSport. 'There's a wide selection of cars and tuned to be as competitive as possible. The last time i drove as an independent, i won the indy title, so hopefully i can repeat that. The peugeot is a very good car, however i'm yet to pick up the spanners and get dirty.'

Reigning world champion @Ian_83 (PleaseD1e) has signed another deal at Perfect Apex Racing, after doubts about his future with the team. Ian was happy to meet and talk about the new changes within the team and the official Silverstone test. 'Well last season, the car's were terrible for us. We couldn't get them to work well. I'll never know how i held off skeng.' When i mentioned @canyondrifter (canyondrifter) he looked very relieved. 'It's such a relief he's back. We are double team champions, that's not easy. We had a good talk before brands, i had to give him tough love. Luckily he came to sense. we think it's a good idea he run's as an independent for now. Give us another trophy. We've been following @AudiMan2011 (street-king-07) progress and we're very impressed, he deserves the second seat'.

@SkengD (skengdigi) challenged very hard for the title last season, but his accident with scania destroyed his title. 'I'm still not happy with him, i didn't even send him a christmas card. I'm quite upset quade left, we dominated last season, but i'm happy to be working with kandy at Digicool.'. A former world champion @kk20 (killa_kandy) has returned to the series after a break. 'After winning the title, i just needed a rest' he told us. When i asked him how it feels to work alongside the most succesful driver ever, he just shrugged. 'I'm a bit rusty at the moment, but by next week, he'll be eating my dust.' Skeng goes into the season with a 15 point reduction. 'It will be very hard for sure' he says. 'but i promise you i will still be fighting for the title in the last round'.

Husky Tech Haus will be the only two Hyundai's on the grid. The team, owned by @DolHaus , hope that they will be able to put his technical genius to good use. @CptMadBean (CptMadBean) thinks the car could be a title contender. 'When we first got the car, it was terrible, but we let DolHaus do his thing and i think it could really be a contendor. It has a very good set up and hopefully @hurleyman24 (hurleyman24) and i can get some good points.

@Scaniabebe (Scaniabebe) and his Humberside Racing team will again be returning to the series. 'The Ford has been really good' he told us in his usual excited state. ' We are yet to do any real setup work, but things look promising. @iFuriousRacer (blabla_) is doing a great job too. I thought that he had alot of potential and he's proving me right so far in our tests'.

The young drivers @mrbrendon999 (mrbrendon999) and @sibbystiggy (TheOldStig) will again be teamed together at Team Unliscensed drivers. 'There has been alot of late nights here, fitting my new steering rack and seat, but yeah, we have a few ideas, just hope i wont fall asleep at the wheel, i've had to drink alot of monster'.

The youngest driver, but still fully experienced @DirtyNurbKing58 (True-blue-8) will be hoping Diesel Pig Racing have fixed the technical issues from last season. 'Last year was really good, just really unlucky, but i think that's fixed now. @Malcolm Tucker (glenn_cullen) is quite worried he won't qualify, but i have every confidence he will. If he doesn't? He's not being paid, so no pressure'.

The final team on the grid is the oldest, Buckfast Racing. Only one of these original members survive. 'After a break from the series, Buckfast is back' @wiseguy007 (weezy_7) told us. It's been awhile so i hope i still have good pace, but i'm sure @TayTheDay (GTP-Tay) and me can bring success back to the team.

PURE racer @xstretch (stretchy-) will run as an independent for the GTForum Racing team. @SmileyWRX (SmileyWRX)'s prescence is in doubt. His team Lightning in a bottle failed to find him funds for the start and season. He is yet to even see the car. 'All winter i've been told to just wait' he said. 'I may just have to pay for it myself, dunno where the money will come from'. @Harsk100 (HarskGaming96), the biggest threat n the grid, is still out due to not even having a car. 'I am trying ok!!!' was all he had to say. @Furinkazen (Furinkazen) will also return to the series for RPM. @Siggers (sig1611) is thought to be rolo's biggest threat in the independent championship. 'well, the car is good but i am the only self-funderd driver here, we'll have to see, wont we'. @samurai8juice (samurai8juicebox) hopes to find the funds to appear at every race for Buffalo Motorsports. @Toshost (Toshost) and @gtp_Tenderly (tenderly90) are the two remaining independent drivers.

brendon's friend @Teritusfire (TeritusFire) will sit as a reserve along with @neljack (neljack) who is pressumed missing. No search party has been sent out. 'No point' said his good friend @V8-Johnboy (johnboy-1975-) 'he'll just disappear again after a few days, he's very, very unreliable'. The first world champ john returns as a reserve. 'I just want to show these guys how it's done'

So after a long, cold winter, BTCC returns. Gentlemen, START YOUR ENGINES!!!!
:cheers:

Lmao I'm still here :P. Only a message away if needed.

Lovely work True. 👍 Keep it up.

I'm going to be fighting for another trophy this season, I have no idea which one, any will do. I've just had my planning permission granted to extend PAR's virtual trophy cabinet, the builders start work next week. :sly:

Last edited:
Lovely work True. 👍 Keep it up.

I'm going to be fighting for another trophy this season, I have no idea which one, any will do. I've just had my planning permission granted to extend PAR's virtual trophy cabinet, the builders start work next week. :sly:
Fighting? Must be The Harsk96 Trophy, i understand it's a little sick mind you.:indiff:

The drivers were met by a frenzy of media as they landed in the sunny USA. Centre of attention, current champ Ian. The drivers were the taken to the laguna seca circuit. 13 laps. Qualifuing began and the drivers rushed out of the pits, eager to set their laps. Weezy was the first across the line, taking provisional pole. The battle for pole was between skeng, weezy, ian and canyon. With a few minutes remaining, it looked as if skeng would take pole for his new team. But then weezy crossed the line, immediately parking the car to save fuel. Rolo pipped canyon to take 4th. It looked as if it would stay this way, when the sector times were set alight by Ian, the champ started his defence of his title by setting pole, there was no more time for people to respond.

RACE 1

As the lights counted down, Killa released the brakes, giving him a penalty and dropping to the rear of the grid. Ian got a good start and led out of the first corner. But weezy had a bad start and was taken by skeng. Rolo also bogged down and was taken by true. The first two laps the drivers drove single file, no one wanted to make a mistake so early. going into the 1st corner of lap 2 true tried to go around the outside of canyon, rolo spotted this opportunity and sneaked up the inside. Meanwhile further down the grid, Madbean caught the dirt and spun, causing a pile up. Ian, skeng and weezy ran off from the rest of the pack, each following each other. at the final corner of lap 4, skeng ran wide, allowing the megane to use it's straight line speed to an advantage and take 2nd. The pit window opened at lap 5, and there was a huge amount of activity in the pits. Skeng pitted lap 5, giving him some clean air. But ian pitted the next lap, giving weezy the lead. Ian managed to get out of the pits ahead of skeng, but on the 7th corner an incident with brendon allowed skeng to overtake. Weezy pitted lap 7, giving rolo the lead. Rolo had a habit of staying out as long as possible, it seemed that this season was no different. As the leaders crossed the line to start lap 9, ian got into the slipstream of skeng and went around the outside of him at the first corner, taking the lead. Weezy had a terrible pit, and dropped back off the leaders, he was under pressure from rolo for the final spot on the podium. As the drivers started the penultimate lap, ian went wide at the 5th corners, skeng seized his opportunity and they were side by side going into the corkscrew, skeng braked late, covering the inside line, ian had no choice but to back off, and give Skeng the first win of the season.

'Starting with a 15 point reduction is a massive dent in confidence' skeng said in the after race interviews. 'I knew i had to win to overcome that deficit. I stayed behind Ian for so many laps, just seeing where i could make a move, but that megane has great speed. The season is up and running, so i'll just concentrate on the job at hand'.

Ian did not look happy after the race. 'Well i was quite surprised at my pole, it was a perfect lap anmd until the pit window i just tried to control the race. After the pits i managed to have a good lead, but it was destroyed with brendon. I managed to get back in front and i tried to just defend, take no risks, but i made a mistake and lost the race, yeah i'm upset but the pole and fastest lap have given me some good points'.

Weezy managed to hold rolo off to take the final podium spot. 'When Buckfast called me to say we were re-entering BTCC, i never thought we would get a podium first race. I was holding my ground with ian and skeng but the pits just destroyed me, but i'm happy with the podium'.

Back