Budget Car Challenge

• Thread starter Airrider
  • 1,553 comments
My photos are up. đź‘Ť Check out the times under the R32 and the Prelude, which is also a BCC car. Seems I have a habit of running these challenges before midnight. :lol:

Time for Cape Ring North 1:39.922
Speed over jump 115mph
IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

Last edited:
I left at least 2 seconds on the track. Best time was a sloppy lap set with a DS3. I picked up a wheel on Saturday but haven't had the time to practice since it's finals week. :(

Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited Super Charger '86
Time - 1:42.121
Speed - 109 MPH

caperingnorthtime.jpg

caperingjump.jpg

Well unless I missed someone it looks like everyone who submitted a car for this season now has their week one results in so...

Week 1 Results
VTiRoj 1st lap time
XDesperado67 2nd lap time
Slirb 3rd lap time

VTiRoj 1st speed jump
XDesperado67 2nd speed jump
Slirb 3rd speed jump

Sure. The rules for this season are on the previous couple of pages and if you can get caps and times for the challenges, please go ahead.

*peeks in*

Hi guys. I have two quick, and stupid questions.
1.) A manual transmission? Really? :scared:
2.) Can I be a part of this, even though I missed the first race of the season?

I guess that is really three questions :dopey:
-thanks

*peeks in*

Hi guys. I have two quick, and stupid questions.
1.) A manual transmission? Really? :scared:
2.) Can I be a part of this, even though I missed the first race of the season?

I guess that is really three questions :dopey:
-thanks

1. If XDesperado can do it, so can you. :P
2. I don't think there would be a problem with that, since we've only done one round out of four. :)

VTiRoj
1. If XDesperado can do it, so can you. :P
2. I don't think there would be a problem with that, since we've only done one round out of four. :)

Well then look out for some bad driving, bad times, and bad tuning. Should be fun :dopey:

I have times for this week's challenge but no pictures. The results screen faded away before I could snap a picture because I thought it would be a good idea to write the time down first. :ouch: I saved the replay, but the total time keeps counting after you've passed the line so there's no way of providing proof of the total time. I did keep a note of all the lap times though, perhaps that's good enough?

Lap 1: 1:50.280
Lap 2: 1:46.979
Lap 3: 1:45.387
Lap 4: 1:45.906
Lap 5: 1:45.143
Total: 8:53.965

I probably could run it again to get a proper picture and run a better time anyway but Monaco isn't my favourite track in the world. :lol:

Of course! Just make sure you're caught up on all the events and we'll make adjustments as necessary.

It's finals week for me, by the way. After Wednesday my schedule will be clear for the summer, so I can keep a closer eye on the BCC.

Sorry about the photo quality.:(
New phone and very little time to take photo.:drool:
2012-05-07145441.jpg

Race time was 9:29.854
Best lap 1:50.518

Okay, try not to laugh. I'm still learning how to drive with a manual tranny, and hitting the wall with damage on light still hurts. :ouch:, but I did get better and hope to be more competitive in the coming weeks đź‘Ť

now let's see if I did this right.

11,925 - Mazda MX-5 (NA) '89
1,000 - ECU
450 - Racing air filter
2,500 - Sport Intake Manifold
4,500 - Low RPM Turbo
1,500 - Single Plate
15,000 - Custom Suspention
8,000 - Sport Soft Tires
------------------------------------
total - 44,875

Engine overhaul, Enkei wheels, paint the car Spicy Orange Mica (at no cost I think :scared: )

Five laps, same make, tire wear on real, damage to light.
1336434210080.jpg

Time - 10:33.832
Fastest lap - 2:02.353

Sorry for wasting everyones time.... you can stop laughing now :dopey:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
(my first troll!) couldn't help myself. Now I'll stop laughing

@krenkme I hope you ment grip set to real and not tire wear on. As far as i know tire wear/fuel consumption is to be off and grip is to be real.:odd:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
(my first troll!) couldn't help myself. Now I'll stop laughing

You're still laughing, aren't you? :dopey:

@krenkme I hope you ment grip set to real and not tire wear on. As far as i know tire wear/fuel consumption is to be off and grip is to be real.:odd:

:banghead: yes grip was set to real, and I had tire wear on too... oh well, not like anyone has to worry about old Krenk for fast times :lol:. Just havin' FUN :dopey:

Are you calculating the costs of cars in your garage by this calculation or just by the sale price /.3?
Used the formula in that link to calculate the price of cars. Checked it against a few cars in the UCD and the prices are right on. (depending on rounding there might be a 1 Cr difference...)

Here's my entry into the world of BCC.

21978__Toyota Celica 2000GT-Four(ST165) '86
8000__Sport Soft tires
4500__Height-Adjustable Suspension
4500__Low RPM Turbo Kit
1000__ECU Tuning
450__Racing Air Filter
1500__Sports Exhaust
500__Sports Catalytic Converter
1500__Single Plate Clutch
650__Sports Flywheel

Total credits spent: 44578

Will be doing the monaco race shortly. Do I post the time here or do they get emailed to airrider?

IMG_20120508_074351.jpg

1:56.478__Lap 1
1:50.996__Lap 2
1:52.008__Lap 3
1:52.214__Lap 4
1:51.911__Lap 5

Total race time: 9:23.607. Couldn't get the picture taken fast enough. Its a real easy race, for me at least.

Last edited:
1989 Nissan SKYLINE GTS-t Type M (R32) '89 (23,850cr. @ 0 Miles)

Parts:

Sport (soft) Tyres- 8,000cr.
Catalytic Converter (sport)- 500cr.
ECU (sport)- 1000cr.
Air Filter (Racing)- 450cr.
Engine Tuning (Stage 1)- 2,500cr.
Suspension (Height Adjustable)- 4,500cr.
Sports Exhaust- 1,500cr.
Clutch (Single Plate)- 1,500cr.
Total: 43,800cr.

Yes, I'm using a 0 miles car since the UCD is being…itself, really. Times will be posted ASAP for both. All I can say is, Despy, you have yourself a car which could wipe the floor with Roj's GTR…and yet I'm faster than you in a lesser version of it?! :lol:

Edit:
Challenge 1

Challenge 2- Part 1

Challenge 2- Part 2
1:56.121
1:49.991
1:51.151
1:50.675
1:50.775

Also…am I right in saying that, with the current leader board, it's a Nissan 1-2-3? If not, at least it's a R32 1-2! :lol:

Last edited:
Okay, as my finals wind down (and as I can FINALLY peek at the times and scores) it's time to issue the next challenge.

From 1979 to 1985, one of the biggest TV shows featuring cars was the Dukes of Hazzard, for better or for worse. They did just about as much off-road driving as they did on-road, driving down a lot of dirt and gravel backroads in the General Lee. And of course, since this was a television show there was always lots and lots of powersliding.

Now it's time to see if you can do the same. You will now go to the Eiger Nordwand G Trail, Forward, for a full lap drift. Of course, you will have to install dirt tires for this, so that's free.

If anyone's cars for some reason can't install dirt tires, bring this up ASAP so I can call for an alternative.

Sounds like alot of fun, another thing I can't do, but will try my best. I do have one question, would you like me to run the first event so we're all good, or just leave it as is? (I'm not going to win anything, just trying to have fun :dopey: )

Oh, does anyone know if a Miata can fit dirt tires? :D

I do have one question, would you like me to run the first event so we're all good, or just leave it as is? (I'm not going to win anything, just trying to have fun :dopey: )

Oh, does anyone know if a Miata can fit dirt tires? :D

Well, by rights, you should run all events so you aren't left behind by huge margins, so I guess you should.

Yea, I think it can. đź‘Ť

Back