Budget Car Challenge

• Thread starter Airrider
  • 1,553 comments
Glad I choose 4wd for this. I'm going to try and put up a video tonight as a little treat. The miata can fit dirt tires.

To celebrate the 100th running of the Rallye Monte Carlo earlier this year, I figured why not take my BCC ST165 Celica and do basically a demo lap around the Monaco GP circuit. During the Group A years, the first stage of the rally was an obstacle course set up from the chicane to the exit of the swimming pool complex. Seeing as we cant do that in GT5, I figured why not do a complete demo lap.

Video was done on my phone, so almost no sound was picked up, weirdly, and not the best quality picture either. Enjoy!

Last edited:
My entry can even make it up a hill let alone drift. So sadly I am withdrawing from the BCC. Maybe I'll try again next time around.

Sorry for wasting everyones time :nervous:

My entry can even make it up a hill let alone drift. So sadly I am withdrawing from the BCC. Maybe I'll try again next time around.

Sorry for wasting everyones time :nervous:

You don't need to withdraw, just skip this round and say…get half points for the rest of us? It's unfair anyway, you need 400hp just to get up that hill with any dignity, and since Roj's car is the most powerful and the rest of us are just lingering at the 200hp/300hp mark, this was always going to happen…though I was expecting it to happen to the S13. :lol:

Onboy123
You don't need to withdraw, just skip this round and say…get half points for the rest of us? It's unfair anyway, you need 400hp just to get up that hill with any dignity, and since Roj's car is the most powerful and the rest of us are just lingering at the 200hp/300hp mark, this was always going to happen…though I was expecting it to happen to the S13. :lol:

It was very discouraging lacking the power to get the car sideways on dirt and then going 5mph up the hill :grumpy:. I missed round one, not making this round, so I'll wait for the next challenge. Thanks though :dopey:

This trial wasn't a breeze for me either, the weight of the R32 really works against you in those steep downhill sections. :scared: Uphill was a breeze though, the low-RPM turbo really helps. :D

I felt like Takeshi Nakazato from Initial D every time I tapped the wall with the rear corner of my car. :lol:

195349_100002185541469_1350893_n.jpg

Anyway, score time.

Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) '89 - 26,931 pts

jzgwU.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys sorry to say this but I'm going to miss a round or two of this season. Seems both my Jeep and moms Focus decided to have serious mechanical failures at the same time which has me scrambling in the real world trying to get at least one of them functional again.:(
Needless to say my schedule got completely blown to hell here, and walking two miles to the nearest store sucks big time.:drool:

Meh, I bet that extra 1,000 points or so came from the one section where I babied it so I wouldn't lose my points. :P

XDesp, you should've bought something reliable like a Ford F-150 and a Civic hatch. :P Sucks that you've got double trouble breakdowns though, if I wasn't thousands of miles from you I'd give you a ride. 👍

Hey guys sorry to say this but I'm going to miss a round or two of this season. Seems both my Jeep and moms Focus decided to have serious mechanical failures at the same time which has me scrambling in the real world trying to get at least one of them functional again.:(
Needless to say my schedule got completely blown to hell here, and walking two miles to the nearest store sucks big time.:drool:

Eh, just make it up when things settle down. 👍 Also…err…taxi there, taxi back? A tad pricey, but you get to where you need to go. :lol:

Eh, just make it up when things settle down. 👍 Also…err…taxi there, taxi back? A tad pricey, but you get to where you need to go. :lol:

With the amount of money taxis cost, you might as well call a mechanic up to fix your car right now. :ouch:

@Desp. Sorry to hear that. One brake down is rough, but two :yuck:. Maybe I can line up a run to the west coast, and I can give you a ride :dopey:

Thanks guys.👍👍
My one brother is going to lend me his work truck if we can't get one of the two operating soon. Problem is he's currently in Arizona helping a cousin move back to southern Oregon, so I have to wait till his wife comes up to see their daughter and mom and catch a ride back to thair place to pick it up or else hitchhike the 50 miles or so to his house.:crazy:
Hoping to get the Jeep running soon as it might have just been a case of the spark plugs being shot, but moms car needs some serious transmission work done on it.:(

Oh and Roj the Jeep has close to 130,000miles on it with over half those coming in the last year and a half so you can sort of expect it to start having issues.:lol:
Just wish they still made cars the old way without all the electronic junk piled on top of the engine so your option is either finding a computer to plug into and tell you what's wrong or else spend forever trying to disconnect all the electronics and other stuff to try and figure out what the problem is.👎👎

My best score was 23500. I will have a proof picture up in a little bit.

Sorry to hear that man. get one of them going again.

OK, I'm a day late on your next challenge but it's something I hope is no less entertaining.

1987 was when drifting was introduced to the Japanese public and the world at large with Pluspy, a video starring Keiichi Tsuchiya. It also got his license suspended, but once the genie was let out of the bottle it couldn't be put back in.

Since GT5 lacks a good touge track, we will have to make do with Trial Mountain. Do a Full Lap Drift on Forward and if you can, get a good screenshot/snapshot of your best drift.

I will take a look at those pictures and the jump pictures you supplied and gather them for the next half of this season as May winds down.

Oh and Roj the Jeep has close to 130,000miles on it with over half those coming in the last year and a half so you can sort of expect it to start having issues.:lol:
True. :P
O
Since GT5 lacks a good touge track, we will have to make do with Trial Mountain. Do a Full Lap Drift on Forward and if you can, get a good screenshot/snapshot of your best drift.

This'll be rather entertaining with 4WD. :lol:

This'll be rather entertaining with 4WD. :lol:

You and me both! I suspect that you will have, once again, the power advantage. I suspect we will probably have to break the handbrake button to be even close.

Something unexpected has come up and I need to put the BCC on hold indefinitely again.

There's been a death in the family, meaning I have to go to the Philippines tomorrow and I don't know when I'll be back.

If I'm not back by the end of the month or the last week, someone tally up the scores and decide a winner. Try to come up with another season if I'm gone that long.

Of course, all of that is up to you but do try to do the score thing if I'm gone for as long as I think I'll be.

Thanks everyone. Can't accuse us of not trying, anyway...

Something unexpected has come up and I need to put the BCC on hold indefinitely again.

There's been a death in the family, meaning I have to go to the Philippines tomorrow and I don't know when I'll be back.

If I'm not back by the end of the month or the last week, someone tally up the scores and decide a winner. Try to come up with another season if I'm gone that long.

Of course, all of that is up to you but do try to do the score thing if I'm gone for as long as I think I'll be.

It's ok, situations like this need to take priority, we all understand.

Eh…I don't know what to say in these situations…someone put me straight here…

But yea, regardless of how crap I am at saying nice things, take care and don't worry about the BCC for the while, just leave it to us.
--

'sides, now that we're in charge…we can think up of challenges which put that GTR at the biggest disadvantage! :lol:

Family comes first, we understand. Sorry for your loss. 👍

'sides, now that we're in charge…we can think up of challenges which put that GTR at the biggest disadvantage! :lol:
So this will just become a drifting competition? :P

I'm back now, but...well, now my grandmother is sick. Someone please collect the results and send them to me so I can finally dole out scores. Please give me a little while: I'm considering a plan for something to challenge everyone. If I'm going to be interrupted by this then I need to make each one big.

Watch this space.

Back