[BUG] King of the Ovals trophy

• Thread starter Firehuntah
  • 130 comments

Did you get the King of the Ovals trophy after driving 500 miles / 806 kilometer on ovals?

• Total voters
Lol, well I thought my joke was good... he went ‘around the houses’ or ‘around in circles’ to get the trophy to trigger.
Oh well, maybe it’s an English saying.

I thought my trophy was bugged too but finally got it during the Blue Moon Bay grind. Seems like I didn't really race much on ovals after all :-)

Mine is glitched. I wonder if miles raced in the Beta affect it? I forget what tracks were available...

Mine is glitched. I wonder if miles raced in the Beta affect it? I forget what tracks were available...
Blue Moon and Northern Isle are both in the Closed Beta.

If you're talking about the Open Beta version that is released a week before the release date, then only Northern Isle was available back then.

Blue Moon and Northern Isle are both in the Closed Beta.

If you're talking about the Open Beta version that is released a week before the release date, then only Northern Isle was available back then.

I'm thinking i probably exceeded the needed laps in the Beta so that's why I am not getting the trophy now. I can't hit a target I've already exceeded.

Welp, I can confirm this is glitched for me too. I've got a Dodge VGT that I've specifically kept to ovals for the purpose of this trophy. I've run it in races and time trials, and just crossed 500 miles with it today. Naturally that doesn't even include any other laps I've made in other cars.

Maybe SSRX will fix it.

Welp, I can confirm this is glitched for me too. I've got a Dodge VGT that I've specifically kept to ovals for the purpose of this trophy. I've run it in races and time trials, and just crossed 500 miles with it today. Naturally that doesn't even include any other laps I've made in other cars.

Maybe SSRX will fix it.
it didn´t help

This trophy has unfortunately been bugging for yours truly as well. I have since long completed way over 806 km on ovals but it hasn’t popped yet.

The past two weeks I’ve tried a new tactic to see if it could work and that tactic was to buy a completely new car (Amuse S2000 GT1 in my case) and use only that one in oval races after each other (in other words, no other race in between). I was doing the Premium Lounge race on Blue Moon Bay and surpassed 806 km (500 miles) yesterday and have been careful so as to exit the races properly but no, still no trophy. I did restart a couple of races but I honestly doubt that could be a hinderance...

This trophy has unfortunately been bugging for yours truly as well. I have since long completed way over 806 km on ovals but it hasn’t popped yet.

The past two weeks I’ve tried a new tactic to see if it could work and that tactic was to buy a completely new car (Amuse S2000 GT1 in my case) and use only that one in oval races after each other (in other words, no other race in between). I was doing the Premium Lounge race on Blue Moon Bay and surpassed 806 km (500 miles) yesterday and have been careful so as to exit the races properly but no, still no trophy. I did restart a couple of races but I honestly doubt that could be a hinderance...
Have you tried an 800 km-long session on northern lights by rubber banding? That's how I got the trophy. I did the exact same as you, bought the KTM X-Bow and only ever used it on BMB for farming but no trophy. Then bought the Tomahawk X, rubber banded and the trophy popped.

Have you tried an 800 km-long session on northern lights by rubber banding? That's how I got the trophy. I did the exact same as you, bought the KTM X-Bow and only ever used it on BMB for farming but no trophy. Then bought the Tomahawk X, rubber banded and the trophy popped.
Thanks for the response, I’ll be sure to try that and report back once it’s done.

I found what I hope would be a sure solution for anyone. It didn't disrupt my game progress at all.

Pretty much I copied my game save on an external hard drive and then shut off the system. I disconnected the ethernet cable and started the console again, this time deleting the game save and starting the game offline. I jumped into time trial at Northern Isle Speedway with the GT3 AMG and started hacking away at this task.
I eventually got sleepy and busted out the rubber bands. Left it running in 3rd gear while I went out on errands. Came back and the trophy popped when I quit out.
I closed the game and deleted the new save to reload the save from my hard drive. Connected the ethernet cable and my trophies synced. I got the trophy and the system and GT servers are none the wiser. Worked flawlessly and I'm so happy!

tl;dr - New save offline will get the trophy, then sync online with original save.

I found what I hope would be a sure solution for anyone. It didn't disrupt my game progress at all.

Pretty much I copied my game save on an external hard drive and then shut off the system. I disconnected the ethernet cable and started the console again, this time deleting the game save and starting the game offline. I jumped into time trial at Northern Isle Speedway with the GT3 AMG and started hacking away at this task.
I eventually got sleepy and busted out the rubber bands. Left it running in 3rd gear while I went out on errands. Came back and the trophy popped when I quit out.
I closed the game and deleted the new save to reload the save from my hard drive. Connected the ethernet cable and my trophies synced. I got the trophy and the system and GT servers are none the wiser. Worked flawlessly and I'm so happy!

tl;dr - New save offline will get the trophy, then sync online with original save.

Does this method still work? I'm terrified about losing my progress by deleting my save.

Does this method still work? I'm terrified about losing my progress by deleting my save.
I would think it still works. Just make a copy of your save on an external drive. Be sure to disconnect the PS4 from network before starting a new save just to be certain it doesn't interact with the GT servers.

The trick is that it's possible to get trophies while offline. Also remember to reload your original save before syncing online again. I was a bit nervous doing this, but I was also at a point where if this didn't work I was going to start over anyway. Good Luck!

I would think it still works. Just make a copy of your save on an external drive. Be sure to disconnect the PS4 from network before starting a new save just to be certain it doesn't interact with the GT servers.

The trick is that it's possible to get trophies while offline. Also remember to reload your original save before syncing online again. I was a bit nervous doing this, but I was also at a point where if this didn't work I was going to start over anyway. Good Luck!

Thanks man, I'll probably try your method, but you are right, the trick is not letting the game exchange data with the servers. I'm just terrified of losing so much progress: liveries, decals, cars and whatnot.

Thanks man, I'll probably try your method, but you are right, the trick is not letting the game exchange data with the servers. I'm just terrified of losing so much progress: liveries, decals, cars and whatnot.
I didn't lose a single thing as far as liveries and decals are concerned, if this makes you feel better about it.

Is it possible to just start the game in Offline mode to get this trophy?
I'm not sure if it would work. I guess it would depend on if whatever this issue may be is tied to the player's save on console or recorded on the server. I have no idea how that stuff works. If you try and it works then you could let us know. It would be an easier and safer alternative to the fix I used.:)

I didn't lose a single thing as far as liveries and decals are concerned, if this makes you feel better about it.

I'm not sure if it would work. I guess it would depend on if whatever this issue may be is tied to the player's save on console or recorded on the server. I have no idea how that stuff works. If you try and it works then you could let us know. It would be an easier and safer alternative to the fix I used.:)
I think I will try next week.

Yes, thanks a bunch! Gives me more confidence, I simply wouldn't have the energy to do it all over again.

I'll try it in the weekend, so that I can do the 500 miles in one go.

I'm here to report that @UnkaD method works 100%. If you are anoyed by this trophy and had had already spent countless hours running around in ovals for nothing, follow what he describes to the letter - remember of disconnecting your PS4 from the internet and creating a new save offline. Getting the trophy offline is MANDATORY in order to progress and data loss on your regular save - and you should be fine.

I did it mostly by rubberbanding my controller - leave the AMG GT3 in third gear and the wall does the rest - came back, left the time trial the right way through the option button/menus and the trophy popped after 889 laps in the Norther Isle Speedway (I believe 834 should do, but better be safe!).

Swapped the save for the backup one and all my previous progress and data - pics, replays, liveries and decals - are safe and up to date.

Last edited:
I'm here to report that @UnkaD method works 100%. If you are anoyed by this trophy and had had already spent countless hours running around in ovals for nothing, follow what he describes to the letter - remember of disconnecting your PS4 from the internet and creating a new save offline. Getting the trophy offline is MANDATORY in order to prevent loss of your data and progress - and you should be fine.

I did it mostly by rubberbanding my controller - leave the AMG GT3 in third gear and the wall does the rest - came back, left the time trial the right way and the trophy popped after 889 laps in the Norther Isle Speedway (I believe 834 should do, but better be safe!).

Swapped the save for the backup one and all my previous progress and data - pics, replays, liveries and decals - are safe and up to date.
I'm happy that it worked for you and that there's a solution for platinum-seeking-players plagued by this trophy. I'm sure it was as much a relief to get it out of the way as it was for me.:cheers:

Back