[BUG] King of the Ovals trophy

• Thread starter Firehuntah
  • 130 comments

Did you get the King of the Ovals trophy after driving 500 miles / 806 kilometer on ovals?

• Total voters
Nah. Don’t see it myself.
Well... I linked you to it. Twice.

Blue Moon Bay absolutely does work to ping the trophy. I went to a completely new account, ran 500 miles at Blue Moon Bay in Arcade/Time Trial, and received the trophy. Observe:

I got it on my main account when doing an Arcade Mode/Time Trial at Northern Isle.

I've just gone to check on my backup account. I didn't have the trophy, but achieved it literally just this minute after running a 500-mile run in Arcade Mode/Time Trial at Blue Moon Bay.
That means that Blue Moon Bay works for the trophy. And that makes this statement false:
Yeah, it looks like Blue Moon isn’t counted as an oval.
On my original account I got it at a random point doing an Arcade Mode/Time Trial at Northern Isle. That means that Northern Isle also works for the trophy. It also means that Arcade Mode/Time Trial works for the trophy - and, as I didn't do it in one sitting, non-consecutive mileage works for the trophy.

I also linked you to the post I made listing the confirmed things that work, the confirmed things that aren't necessary, and things neither confirmed necessary or not.

They are:

Confirmed to work:

Track: Northern Isle or Blue Moon Bay Speedway
Mode: Arcade, Time Trial
Sessions: Multiple

Confirmed not to be necessary:
Sessions: One

Neither confirmed to work nor confirmed not to work:
Track: BB Raceway
Mode: Arcade, Single Race; Arcade, Drift; Arcade, Custom Race; Arcade, 2P Split Screen; Arcade, VR Tour; Campaign, GT League; Campaign, Driving School; Campaign, Mission Challenge; Campaign, Circuit Experience; Sport, Daily Race; Sport, FIA GT Nations Cup; Sport, FIA GT Manufacturer Series

That just means it worked for you.
Not really, no. It means it worked for two otherwise unconnected accounts on two otherwise unconnected consoles, several months apart and in different circumstances - and it also means that your statement that "it looks like Blue Moon Bay isn't counted as an oval" for the purposes of this trophy is flat-out incorrect. It is. If it wasn't, it wouldn't work for anybody.
The point of this thread is that it didn't work for quite a few others.
Not really, no. The point of this thread is that the trophy is, somehow, "bugged".

It's "bugged" if it doesn't work for anyone. It's potentially "bugged" if it works for some but not others in the exact same circumstances.

As yet, I've not seen anyone in this thread who has failed to get the trophy from non-contiguous sessions in Arcade Mode/Time Trial at either Blue Moon Bay or Northern Isle Speedway. I've seen lots of people saying they didn't get it at this track or that track, or after so many miles, but not sharing the game modes they were playing. Without knowing the specifics of the game modes they were playing, we don't know if it's the same circumstances.

Thus far everyone who has posted in this thread to say that the haven't had the trophy pop when they think it should, and has subsequently posted to say that the trophy has popped has seen their success coming at both Northern Isle Speedway and Blue Moon Bay, in Arcade Mode/Time Trial. Including you.

And once again, that reconfirms the findings I've detailed to you:

Confirmed to work:
Track: Northern Isle or Blue Moon Bay Speedway
Mode: Arcade, Time Trial
Sessions: Multiple

Confirmed not to be necessary:
Sessions: One

Neither confirmed to work nor confirmed not to work:
Track: BB Raceway
Mode: Arcade, Single Race; Arcade, Drift; Arcade, Custom Race; Arcade, 2P Split Screen; Arcade, VR Tour; Campaign, GT League; Campaign, Driving School; Campaign, Mission Challenge; Campaign, Circuit Experience; Sport, Daily Race; Sport, FIA GT Nations Cup; Sport, FIA GT Manufacturer Series

We've done this research together in this thread. We know that Arcade Mode/Time Trial at Blue Moon Bay and Northern Isle works for this trophy for everyone, even when they haven't had the trophy before. It's just not helpful to then drop in untrue nuggets like "Blue Moon Bay isn't counted as an oval" when we know that it is.

It's certainly clear from the number of people doing 500 miles on ovals in different game modes and not getting the trophy that the trophy description doesn't tell the whole story. When I get time, I'll look at the other game modes and events to see what the stumbling block is. I liked your idea about it needing to be done on part of the original game, but a few people have reported scoring it in GT League. Perhaps that was part of an update to the trophy requirements though.

Last edited:
Got mine after rubberbanding Blue Moon with the Tomahawk X in January.

EDIT: I was in time trial.

Last edited:
Got mine after rubberbanding Blue Moon with the Tomahawk X in January.

Was that in time trial?

I had done loads more than the required mileage in custom arcade race and GT League without trophy (enough in each individually to get trophy twice over). After reading this thread I switched to arcade / time trial as it had worked for others. I'm now over the required mileage but still no trophy...

Most of my oval mileage is round blue moon

Yes, in Time Trial. Forgot to say it in the other post.

Thanks. Guess I'll keep plugging away. My only concern is that mileage recorded is somehow glitched. I have two PS4s that I play on - PS4 Pro in lounge and standard PS4 in my 'office' with steering wheel.

I always download latest save game from PS+ on secondary PS4 and then upload when finished for download on primary PS4.

I just got the trophy.

Not sure if its much help. But for information if it can help someone.

I never really raced any ovals in the game prior to doing this. So my milage in ovals must have been like zero or very low.

I started time trial on Northern Isle with the Tomahawk. A car that I have never used prior to this.

I used a rubberband so I could AFK while doing it.

When my screen was at like + 500 laps I had to go and shop at a store and left the house.

When I got home about 1 hour later the game had crashed. I did not have the trophy at this point.

I then started another rubberband AFK session. In this session I had like 500 laps. Then I had to goto work, and I quit the session all the way out and closed the game the prober way.

I still did not have the trophy at this point. So my gues is that the first session where the game crashed those laps did not count towards the trophy.

Next morning coming home from work did another AFK session while I sleept.

When I woke up I had done about 650 Laps.

At this point I did not have the trophy.

But when I quit the session the prober way, the trophy popped up.

So my observations in short.

1. You dont have to do all laps in one long session.
2. You must quit the game the prober way for laps to count.
3. The trophy does not pop up while you are in the session. It will only pop up after you quit the session the prober way.

I got this trophy on April 26 and I got the screenshot to prove it.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180426002905.jpg

Hi fellas,

Just reached online trophies and met towards this one.

Ive made:
1) about 200 km on sport mode blue moon bay
2) 1500 km on premium lounge with xbow ktm on blue moon bay- no trophy
3) 900 km on Northern isle speedway arcade time trial with tomahawk- still no trophy

Also tried few oval laps in custom race and arcade race... Still no trophy popped up.

All above within 3 days.

Im kinda frustrated, thought of online trophies being the insane ones.. but this? Anyone has a solution for this already?

Last edited:
Ive made:
1) about 200 km on sport mode blue moon bay
2) 1500 km on premium lounge with xbow ktm on blue moon bay- no trophy
3) 900 km on Northern isle speedway arcade time trial with tomahawk- still no trophy

Also tried few oval laps in custom race and arcade race... Still no trophy popped up.

All above within 3 days.

Im kinda frustrated, thought of online trophies being the insane ones.. but this? Anyone has a solution for this already?
Try

4) 805km on Blue Moon Bay (speedway, forward) in Arcade Mode/Time Trial with the Tomahawk.

The trophy won't pop when you hit your 805th kilometre, but should in the rewards screen afterwards when you get your XP, credits, Mi points and daily mileage.

The bad news here is that's 250 laps, give or take a lap, and that's about 2 hours, 15 minutes of your life.

Just did a 3-hour custom race with Gr.2 cars on Blue Moon. Decided to quit halfway into the first run since I was three laps down. Don't ask.:banghead: Finished the second race two laps ahead. All in all it was ~5 hours and 800 miles, with 500 being in one race. Still no trophy. :( Guess I'll have to try arcade or time trial. What a drag.

Try

4) 805km on Blue Moon Bay (speedway, forward) in Arcade Mode/Time Trial with the Tomahawk.

The trophy won't pop when you hit your 805th kilometre, but should in the rewards screen afterwards when you get your XP, credits, Mi points and daily mileage.

The bad news here is that's 250 laps, give or take a lap, and that's about 2 hours, 15 minutes of your life.

Hi,

I did even more- 360 laps on BMB as you advised- still no trophy.

Have also tried with BMB II, no results.

Of course I always quit races til reward screen pops up..

Also I drove yesterday around 400km on BB raceway in race B sport mode. No trophy.

Additionally I have to admit that my Tomahawk has milage of 4500 km already, only on ovals!! I am powerless towards this one as it seems to not unlock anytime soon...

Last edited:
So I have unlocked throphy by deleting my local save and starting from a scratch. Trophy popped right after I drove 810km in the reward screen.

Before starting over I made a save back up. After unlockong trophy I loaded it back and my offline progress was back (all campaign) but level, achievement stats, cr, cars, etc are unfortunetely gone. I have now left trophy for lv 40 and 50 as I was 39 before reseting- not a big loss in compare to xp needed for lv 50. That online wins/races are gone hurt me more.

Anyway this trophy is glitched and that is for sure.

This trophy hates me, and I hate it back! Set up my system with the rubber-band trick using the Tomahawk on the little track so I could get some work done on the side. Checked back after about 2 hours and my game had crashed. No miles were saved. :banghead:

I really don't want to do it legitimately as I do have a distaste for ovals.

So I have unlocked throphy by deleting my local save and starting from a scratch. Trophy popped right after I drove 810km in the reward screen.

Before starting over I made a save back up. After unlockong trophy I loaded it back and my offline progress was back (all campaign) but level, achievement stats, cr, cars, etc are unfortunetely gone. I have now left trophy for lv 40 and 50 as I was 39 before reseting- not a big loss in compare to xp needed for lv 50. That online wins/races are gone hurt me more.

Anyway this trophy is glitched and that is for sure.

Firehuntah mentioned in an earlier post that online progress will not reset if you back up your save. Im close to level 50 and I will try to do the same thing you did but I dont want to lose my progress.

So I tried on my other PSN account today, guess what. It pops right away after I had done 661 miles on Blue Moon Bay rubberbanding in time trial. Wasn't there when it hit 500 exactly but I'm sure it would've popped at 500 or 501 already.

Pe1JHr0.jpg

I also tested starting a new game with that account and placing a backup of my old offline save file on USB stick. After getting the trophy in the new game you can just place the backup back again and keep your progress of the old save. It does take a few minutes for your online profile to update again though but it's all still there. You only lose everything that you didn't share online (scapes/replays etc.). Liveries still seem to be available though and you can still edit them, at least with the one livery that I tried. So yeah.. at least there's a workaround to getting the trophy but it shouldn't be necessary. Still no idea why the trophy isn't popping for my main account right now but I guess I'll just do the backup and new game after I get to lvl 50 to be safe.

Firehuntah mentioned in an earlier post that online progress will not reset if you back up your save. Im close to level 50 and I will try to do the same thing you did but I dont want to lose my progress.

I have tried doing the same thing with my 2nd psn account and kept all of my progress yeah. I just lost some pictures and replays but everything else was still there, also online level/race wins etc. So I'm not sure what happened with @Gadgoo1337's progress. But reading that I'm now scared to try it with my main account. :P Still don't have the trophy.

You guys can do a quick test with no risk:
1) back up ur save
2) run game and finish 1 race online
3) load ur backed up save and see if finished races lowered by 1 in achievement page

I'm one of the people failing to obtain this trophy. I've ran 1000+ kms on Blue Moon Bay, GT League Premium Sports Lounge, and still haven't got anything. Will have to try rubberbanding in Time Trial...

I hope it's not necroposting, but...

I eventually tried rubberbanding the Tomahawk on Northern Isle on arcade time trial, and going to sleep. I did get the trophy when I woke up and quit the race, with the Tomahawk having done 1200-something kms. This despite having a KTM with 2300 something kms all done in Blue Moon Bay, GT League.

I have read every single forum on the internet pertaining to this trophy that I can get my hands on.

I first tried to get this trophy in October last year - and many months off and on coming back to do something different.

I've done everything except tampering with saves.

Repeated mission challenge 8-6 with a new Suburu. One session.

Time trial on Northern Isle with Tomahawk. One attempt, full kilometres.

I also participated in the week long Atenza Daily Race around Blue Moon on release. I dominated that race for a long time to get my DR up, and have sought out EVERY Sport Mode race on all three oval tracks that I have ever noticed - BB Raceway, Northern Isle and Blue Moon. I also ran a lot of BB Raceway in the beta.

I'm positive that the trophy is glitched on my save/account.

-

I own two PS4s. I took my Gran Turismo disc to my other PS4 that had no GT Sport save, and I unhooked it from the internet.

So on a fresh install of GT Sport v1.00 off the disc, I just did Time trial at Northern Isle with the Audi R18 from the supplied garage. Nothing.

-

Anyone out there at all - please help. I'm a trophy completionist and GT enthusiast and I'm barred from the platinum. I can't believe that my first love franchise since 2002 from playing GT2 is what is going to kick my OCD trophy habit. It's poetic that it happens with my favourite game after fearing any other game on my list will be unachievable.

Help, I beg you.

So on a fresh install of GT Sport v1.00 off the disc, I just did Time trial at Northern Isle with the Audi R18 from the supplied garage. Nothing.
Now try the same with Blue Moon Bay Speedway.

Now try the same with Blue Moon Bay Speedway.
Alright, I'll do tomorrow and report back with the bad news. I'm desperate though so I'm willing to do and try everything. I don't intend on reaching level 50 any time soon, so I want to do that before I start tampering with saves, but I'll be the science monkey that'll do anything after that.

Gran Turismo has brilliant support, so I'm surprised that this problem has not been fixed yet.

EDIT: I cannot do that offline. You need to be level 5 to unlock Blue Moon, and the game won't save without being online, and you can't access races that give XP without being online either. Then, if i connect to the internet, Polyphony's cloud might update my game and mileage going over 500 miles already, locking me out again.

So, I'll update to the latest version and see the game pulls from the cloud. It'll definitely pull my DR / SR, but I'm not sure if it'll pull my garage. That might be stored locally. I'll update and go online to find out.

The trophies won't pop up if you are offline I believe.

This is the only trophy that I need for the plat. I try to delete the save data and rubberbanding Northern Isle with my server data.

If this not work, I'll try again and discard my server data, I don't care lose my stats, I only want the plat and sell the game.

EDIT: In my case, I delete the server data and start a new game, with one car of my garage and ruberbanding in the Nother Isle oval, at 810 km in several sessions the trophy pop up in the redward screen. I recover my save and start again and I keep all my progress, level, money, mi, cars, victories in sport mode, etc

Last edited:
If it's any help, I've managed to finally unlock this after spending HOURS grinding away across different sessions, tracks, cars with no luck. I'm sure I must've done north of 1000km across all the oval tracks with nothing to show for it, but what finally worked for me was :

1) Used the Veyron (0 mileage so I could track progress of the trophy in realtime)
2) Northern Isle Speedway Time Trial in Arcade mode
3) Rubber-banded spare controller for just over 4 hours and let that sucker wallride

After about 4 hours 15 minutes, I'd racked up around 512 miles - paused the game and exited properly and at the result screen the trophy finally popped. One thing to note, I've tried the Tomahawk but after about 2 hours I've had it crash, whereas so far with the Veyron I've not had any crashes. Hopefully that helps anyone still stuck on this, goodness knows I was tearing my hair out!

I have tried doing the same thing with my 2nd psn account and kept all of my progress yeah. I just lost some pictures and replays but everything else was still there, also online level/race wins etc. So I'm not sure what happened with @Gadgoo1337's progress. But reading that I'm now scared to try it with my main account. :P Still don't have the trophy.
Hi, have you got this trophy finally..? I'm a player from China and I also met this problem...I'm try all the way but didn't worked...I'm going to backup my data and delete it from my PS4, start a new game to try to get this trophy...:guilty: I really love this game but this problem makes me sad....

Back