[BUG] King of the Ovals trophy

• Thread starter Firehuntah
  • 130 comments

Did you get the King of the Ovals trophy after driving 500 miles / 806 kilometer on ovals?

• Total voters
I'm here to report that @UnkaD method works 100%. If you are anoyed by this trophy and had had already spent countless hours running around in ovals for nothing, follow what he describes to the letter - remember of disconnecting your PS4 from the internet and creating a new save offline. Getting the trophy offline is MANDATORY in order to prevent loss of your data and progress - and you should be fine.

I did it mostly by rubberbanding my controller - leave the AMG GT3 in third gear and the wall does the rest - came back, left the time trial the right way and the trophy popped after 889 laps in the Norther Isle Speedway (I believe 834 should do, but better be safe!).

Swapped the save for the backup one and all my previous progress and data - pics, replays, liveries and decals - are safe and up to date.
I just got the trophy by following these steps.
Yesterday my counter registered 920 KM on my SRT Tomahawk X VGT so I have no idea why it didn't pop but thankfully it's in the bag :cheers:. All I have remaining is the ranking trophies.

Add me to the list,
1 week on blue moon daily no trophy, not sure how many miles.
1000 + Laps in Time trial, Norther Isle rubber banded, no trophy.
1100 laps in races in custom race Norther Isle rubber banded No trophy
going to grind some GT league norther Isle to get from level 40 to 50 will see if that does it.

grinded from level 40 to 50 in premium sports league on blue moon, way way way more than 500km, no trophy,
going to do the backup game save, go offline, delete game save, start new game, grind TT on northern isle.

I found what I hope would be a sure solution for anyone. It didn't disrupt my game progress at all.

Pretty much I copied my game save on an external hard drive and then shut off the system. I disconnected the ethernet cable and started the console again, this time deleting the game save and starting the game offline. I jumped into time trial at Northern Isle Speedway with the GT3 AMG and started hacking away at this task.
I eventually got sleepy and busted out the rubber bands. Left it running in 3rd gear while I went out on errands. Came back and the trophy popped when I quit out.
I closed the game and deleted the new save to reload the save from my hard drive. Connected the ethernet cable and my trophies synced. I got the trophy and the system and GT servers are none the wiser. Worked flawlessly and I'm so happy!

tl;dr - New save offline will get the trophy, then sync online with original save.

Thanks a lot @UnkaD it still works perfectly this method!! Just did 1000 laps just to be sure in time trial and unlocked right after exiting! :)

Have you tried an 800 km-long session on northern lights by rubber banding? That's how I got the trophy. I did the exact same as you, bought the KTM X-Bow and only ever used it on BMB for farming but no trophy. Then bought the Tomahawk X, rubber banded and the trophy popped.
Thanks for the response, I’ll be sure to try that and report back once it’s done.
A shamefully late update as I completely forgot about this thread but at least at the time of the two posts above the mentioned method worked for me. Hopefully it still does for the people still missing this due to the glitch.

Hi all. Attempted this trophy for the first time today. The solution here still works as of the date of my post. Took 2-3 hours AFK. No USB drives or network disconnections required

Last edited:
Got completely fed up with this having bugged on me. Have done over 500 miles at ovals on 3 separate cars each. Used @UnkaD method tonight and it worked a treat. May be annoying but it works as a last resort for those stuck with the problem.

Sorry to revive an old thread so near to the end of the games life cycle, but I've managed to unlock the King Of The Ovals trophy without needing a to erase the game save and redo it, etc. I've easily covered the distance using Campaign mode races (over 70 wins at BMB, excluding failed attempts and restarts), plus the races at Northern Isle, so I had definitely covered the distance. After reading this thread, I was going to try the process of deleting the game save and getting the achievement offline, but I thought I'd have a go at a time trial event instead. I jumped I a new car (chose a Taycan because why not) and set about hitting some laps at Northern Isle. 50 laps later I had covered the mileage distance for the daily prize car so decided to leave it there and try again the next day. Exiting the event the Trophy popped up!

So maybe that's all that's needed. A time trial run and it'll unlock it. ?

Back