Bugatti Veyron Successor: Chiron

Solid power plants, which is crazy given the history of Lamborghini reliability if you tried forcing more power through it.

Nothing has done more to solidify the strength of Lamborghini engines more than the aftermarket, though.

Makes sense, and the AWD system would help with keeping the insane power down.

But that still doesn't explain the Ford GT, though. Is it because of the rear mounted engine?

Makes sense, and the AWD system would help with keeping the insane power down.

But that still doesn't explain the Ford GT, though. Is it because of the rear mounted engine?
The AWD is limited through the gearing to how much power it puts down; I think it only reaches full power in 4th depending on the build. I've seen a few RWD-converted UGR cars that are just as scary fast. Expensive conversion on top of a UGR kit, though.

I think it's due to the fact that Ford set high performance goals and ended up building a completely new engine with only a few similarities to older engines. The engine also went through grueling endurance tests & they were surprised at how quickly it passed them. Given the car is also supercharged (& some owners put bigger s/c's capable of 700Hp), I'd reckon the engine could handle turbos effortlessly.

The foundation of the GT's modular V8 was used in the CC8S and CCR tmk, and the Koenigsegg-built V8s are still Modular-designed, so that speaks volumes of it as well.

It seems like all the crazy tuned cars that I see are either Ford GT's or Gallardos. I wonder why that is...?

Because they're relatively cheap and plentiful and their engines are used in plenty of other types of cars in various states of tune so are pretty bulletproof and therefore tuneable and have a strong aftermarket following to pull parts from.

US- spec bumpers for Chiron
bugatti-chiron-us-spec-at-2017-new-york-auto-show.jpg
bugatti-chiron-us-spec-at-2017-new-york-auto-show.jpg

After watching Chris Harris's internet review of the Chiron, it was interesting to hear how the tire pressure monitoring system runs to 2 decimal places and how the tires actually start to lose pressure due to the effects of the severe airflow at high speeds.

Dan
Why is even there in the first place? It's just a complete waste.
From what i've heard, it's just the US insurance policies being needy for low-speed crashes in the rear of the car, so the manufacturer is forced to tack those on.

Back