Bugatti Veyron Successor: Chiron

Isn't the VGT really a showpiece?

I mean, last I checked, it has the W16 engine, but as it really wasn't built for driving around, the gearbox is made for it to do like 20mph.

Dan
"...We don't even want to know the final price."

Well I do, and probably a ton of other readers, too. Great journalism.
Judging from the article I read, it seems the Arabian Prince has a fortune range of $21 billion so probably it will be around more than the price of an old auctioned Ferrari.

Isn't the VGT really a showpiece?

I mean, last I checked, it has the W16 engine, but as it really wasn't built for driving around, the gearbox is made for it to do like 20mph.

They may have done some work before handing it over to him to make it go slightly faster (at least motorway speeds) but as it's a show car there is no way it's going to do 200+ mph. Frankly you wouldn't want to try in something that's just a concept. Will suit the billionaires purpose though for just cruising around showing off.

Not very classy from Bugatti. You don't sell your "heritage" like that. Even for a lot of money.
I actually thought Bugatti is going to keep the VGT as a one off and will never be sold even if it is Arabian who has oil money that can buy any car he/she wants.

But no. Looks like I'm a little dissappointed on what Bugatti did.

http://www.carbuzz.com/m/Article.aspx?Id=34779

I knew it. Even the Bugatti Vision GT is not safe from Arabian rich billionaires even if it is a one-off.

57858087.jpg

Not sure why a couple are shocked they would sell it. Concepts get sold quite often in quieter markets.
Dan
"...We don't even want to know the final price."

Well I do, and probably a ton of other readers, too. Great journalism.
Probably not a whole lot more than a standard Chiron considering it's more of a showpiece.

And it will be driven once and never again.
That's my point actually. I dislike Arabian millionaires/billionaires a lot when they are buying cars. Once they buy a car, either it will be used once or it will collect dust.

That's my point actually. I dislike Arabian millionaires/billionaires a lot when they are buying cars. Once they buy a car, either it will be used once or it will collect dust.
And that's their choice. They bought the car, they can do whatever they want with it. Why should that irritate anyone else?

They are terrible obviously but its a rumor currently so unless its official, not really all that concerned.

Besides, what would make this car so different to so many other high end cars that it requires such awful looking bumpers? I haven't seen it with any other car.

Yeah, can people just remove them after purchase and it still be legal? What is required by manufacturers to provide is not necessarily required to be used after purchase.

It really is an archaic law which comes from an era where cars crumpled like tin cans and even the most basic of modern cars will be safe without them.

I doubt the average Joe will notice if you take them off. But you'll probably need to put them back on for inspection.

Yeah, can people just remove them after purchase and it still be legal? What is required by manufacturers to provide is not necessarily required to be used after purchase.

It really is an archaic law which comes from an era where cars crumpled like tin cans and even the most basic of modern cars will be safe without them.
Good question. I think the age of the car may play a role as to if you can remove them and remain legal. Almost every US Countach owner removed theirs at some point. I've seen a couple older 911s where they were removed as well.

I didn't realize it was still a thing with the pics TheCracker posted, but they're also hidden/blended in better than they used to be too.

Back