building a fwd drag car help

im tryin to make a realistic civic hatchback drag car. im planning to run 10s or 11s with only 500-700 hp. any tips on what parts are best. and would downforce and grip codes help my launch?

So by "realistic" you don't want to add horsepower multipliers and the like? And not dropping a Viper engine in a Civic?

I've never come across any "grip" codes, but that doesn't mean that there aren't any. I'm sure they would help. I'm not sure downforce codes would help you much because they would be ineffective at starting speeds and then create too much drag on the car as speed increases.

Do you have MK's Program?

I'd definately try to get some bigger tires for the front. I like using the front tires from the Chaser. They fit well on the Civic.

You think the Civic R engine would make enough power? What about dropping in a NSX engine. You think that would fit in real life?
I'd add a Suzuki Alto Works turbo as they give the most boost with minimal lag. You need a smaller turbo I would think to get off the line quickly.

so far i have f1 tires in the front. and a rsx engine. focus rally suspension.spoon s2000 rom. intercooler forgot from where tho. polish forgot from what car too. but if i do all that and max out on buyable parts ill have 511 hp and ill still only run 14's. im using gameshark to do all this.

What turbo you have on it? You're going to have to add a bigger turbo. Try that Alto Works.

Engine balance?
All drive and transmission components?

If you download the MK program, you can rip all the codes off of it and input them in with your GameShark! The program will show you every part from every car in GT3 and it will list all the gameshark codes for all the parts as well. It will also give you % increases of the parts you are looking at adding.
I beleive that the Alto Works stage 4 turbo boosts power by 254% :eek:

I would go with the Supercharger from the SLK Kompressor personally, and there are no such things as grip codes. That is an illusion, those affect the spring rate really.

You think the Civic R engine would make enough power? What about dropping in a NSX engine. You think that would fit in real life?

It has been done in real life, front engine, even retained the civics fwd configuration. I never really followed up on it, but at the time it was pushin 500 some hp and running like mid 11's w/ no traction half the time, and snapping axles the other half. I have a mock version of this car i made. took a civic type r, threw the spoon civic chassis in it (lighter chassis), F1 front tires, and basically everything else was normal civic upgrades, havent messed w/ it very much but it has 637hp and pulls an 11.9...wanna try to get that a bit lower tho w/out adding loads more hp to it. a hard thing to do when you wanna keep the fwd configuration.

Originally posted by [myg0t]wicked
so far i have f1 tires in the front. and a rsx engine. focus rally suspension.spoon s2000 rom. intercooler forgot from where tho. polish forgot from what car too. but if i do all that and max out on buyable parts ill have 511 hp and ill still only run 14's. im using gameshark to do all this.

14's ? My Civic si w/no hybrid work done to it, run's low-mid 13's.. And my Integra w/no hybrid work does high 12's.. :confused:

Yea, I would say that the transmission is about the most important part for any car in the game. Probably a good idea to upgrade to a full racing one of those. Racing Flywheel is good, help get those RPMs up a bit. As for the clutch, triple plate is the best for gear shifting, unless you are running a supercharger, then I would go for the twin.

out of all of the cars, only one has a super charger, all of the others are turbo or na, anyways, my fwds run with a zonda tranny, it works ok forme...

wont all clutches and flywheels be the same tho? or will one flywheel be lighter etc. and would a 5 speed be good? i kno a racing tranny for cobra is 5 speed

Anothy corrected me last night about the supercharger thing, mainly a mistake on my part, the fly wheel and the clutch is watch transfers power...

Alright, the lighter the flywheel the quicker the revs will drop, so when you shift, if the revs drop slow, you will have a slow shift (stock flywheel); if the revs drop fast, you will have a faster shift (race flywheel) as for the clutch listen to chaos, but i would go with this flywheel/clutch setup for your drag civic...

GS2v2 US Slot 1
  • Flywheel [Full-Racing, spoon_s2000_00]
    1C041300 E74C9813
    1C041304 F2967E5E

Clutch [Triple Plate, spoon_s2000_race_00]
    1C041308 20452DB9
    1C04130C 6E9C6EE8
GS2v3 US Slot 1
  • Flywheel [Full-Racing, spoon_s2000_00]
    25C46BBC 8BFC0CDF
    25483382 06F60DF5

Clutch [Triple Plate, spoon_s2000_race_00]
    25D121B2 DEFE4445
    254E3920 42DF0D67

Grip codes do indeed exist. Read Famine's guide to hybridding to find this out. You need to eport the car and then screw around with the ini file...

i dunno, im gonna have to try the grip codes myself, but chaos has been hybriding since 99, so i assume he has messed with the grip codes and has no luck, and hopefully sharing info to help us, instead of wasting our time messing with grip codes. :D

anyone kno the cb/ar/gameshark code for stage 3 of slk supercharger. when i convert the supercharger to gs2 it gives me a wierd number which dont look gs2 to me

Latest Posts

Back