BurnoutLogic - The Official Thread

• Thread starter Doomotron
  • 297 comments
Maybe do a Marked Man but not allowed to leave one of the above places, Airfield, Quarry etc.

We've tried that with Big Surf Island and it worked really well, we will attempt to do it in other areas!

Crappy Car vs Extreme Hot Rods [...] it's really good fun.

I can tell you from personal experiences last Friday that this is true.

Epic Voyages aka Don't Listen To What The Game Says Because It'll Eventually Lead You To Hubbard is where the money's at tho.

Doing it at the Airfield could be exceptional.

Speeds might be too high and the area may be slightly too open that it probably wouldn't work too well there. We'll try it and see what happens...

I think I have an idea for what @JakeMR2 posted before... possibly something like Infection?

Basically, one person is in an Extreme Hot Rod at the start. Everyone else is in a Crappy Car with no boosting. If any of the Crappy cars is taken down or Wrecks (if you get respawned with a fresh car, that defines you as Wrecked), then they change cars to an Extreme Hot Rod. The Extreme Hot Rods attempt to destroy all of the Crappy Cars to turn them into Extreme Hot Rods. The Crappy Cars try and be the last one standing as more and more cars become infected by the Extreme Hot Rods. The Crappy Cars will not be allowed to leave a designated area while the Extreme Hot Rods will be allowed to go anywhere they want (they can't stray too far away from the map though). The last Crappy Car remaining wins after everyone else is in an Extreme Hot Rod after surviving for two minutes after the second-to-last car is wrecked. If the Crappy Car is taken down before the end of the two minutes, then all of the Extreme Hot Rods win.

An interesting concept. Probably best done somewhere close to a junkyard, but that does leave quite a few locations. Airfield and quarry (I've just realised how much that sounds like multiplayer maps in a generic FPS..) springs to mind.

You could even combine it with the regular Crappy Car Vs. Extreme Hot Rod.

An interesting concept. Probably best done somewhere close to a junkyard, but that does leave quite a few locations. Airfield and quarry (I've just realised how much that sounds like multiplayer maps in a generic FPS..) springs to mind.

You could even combine it with the regular Crappy Car Vs. Extreme Hot Rod.

The Park, the beaches on Big Surf Island, and a bunch of other places could work. High speed and narrow passageways would be the best for this... just because the takedowns would be brutal...

Also people! @rallymorten @Doomotron @m8h3r @JakeMR2

I will be hosting that lobby TOMORROW at 6 PM. Can you all please confirm if you are going to be there or not?

Last edited:
Wasn't the server closure "news" proven to be unsourced and false?

The game does feel a tad bit dead especially with the "Paradise News" page being all empty though...
This is true. I fact checked that post and found absolutely 0 evidence claiming the servers were closing. Online is still quite populated too, played last weekend and there were plenty of lobbies.

Actually I just noticed via the devs' official site that they're still active and participating in online play, though only on Xbone. Still, feels good though. Now if they only got any new games out soon... :D

This is true. I fact checked that post and found absolutely 0 evidence claiming the servers were closing. Online is still quite populated too, played last weekend and there were plenty of lobbies.

I would say to please move all of the Burnout Server closing rumors to the original Burnout Paradise thread.

Also again, EVERYONE PLEASE CONFIRM THAT YOU CAN MAKE IT TOMORROW FOR THE BURNOUT PARADISE LOBBY AT 6 PM EST! (I will close the lobby should we get less than 4 people most likely)

I would say to please move all of the Burnout Server closing rumors to the original Burnout Paradise thread.

Also again, EVERYONE PLEASE CONFIRM THAT YOU CAN MAKE IT TOMORROW FOR THE BURNOUT PARADISE LOBBY AT 6 PM EST! (I will close the lobby should we get less than 4 people most likely)

At this point I'll predict that today's session might not happen, sadly.

I should be able to find the time to join up, again, but can make no guarantees about mic usage since I can't even find the thing.

I might be able to make it tonight, but no promises. Still don't have any of the DLC, aside from the time savers pack, but I should have it all next saturday, and due to the time of the lobbies I can't use a mic even if I had one.

EL LOBBYO ES EL OPENO!

(sorry for doubleposting)

Closing in 15 minutes from now should nobody join.

Well, my communication abilities today have pretty much sucked.

By now it's far too late for me to get back to the console, sorry about any confusion I may have caused. :(

Well, my communication abilities today have pretty much sucked.

By now it's far too late for me to get back to the console, sorry about any confusion I may have caused. :(

It's fine, sorry for the terrible timing of everything. @JASON_ROCKS1998 , @Doomotron and I had a very good time today in BurnoutLogicVille, many Horse challenges were failed... and many laughs ensued. I may try to get another session up...

Also to add to the agenda of BurnoutLogic Challenges:

Epic Voyages... in reverse (with Rai-Jins going backward)

Crappy Car vs Suicide Hot Rods (stock car track, suicide racing, crappy car goes forwards, hot rods gob backwards trying to kill said crappy car)

That was another amazingly fun lobby.

Highlights for me have to be the Cavalry losing it's OP-ness, me doing surprisingly well at the stock car events, kamikazing @Mike458 with Carbon X12's and super professional pace laps.

Back