C/S tyres on Supercars PART 3, ????? at ASCARI! Thursday 12th June, 8.30pm BSTOpen 

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 99 comments
I might have changed my mind on the car Zo, haven't actually driven the Lambo, but I looked at it and man is it fugly!
Are we supposed to list which car we want to use so you can match up numbers for an even field or just which ever you fancy. I'll gladly switch to whichever there is least of to even up numbers to make the race/replay a little more interesting.

Choice between the two cars is completely free Jim, I'm not sure which (cough FERRARI) one I'm using yet. If we all end up in the same motor that's fine.

You have to bare in mind the era in which the LP was born when judging it's looks though. It's space age man, groovy.

Cheers, Zo.

Just want to flag this up chaps, I'd appreciate it if I could have a show of hands from those who are definitely in for this please. It prevents messing around with getting going, which is a pet dislike of mine.

Cheers, Zo.

Thanks Lambo, I'm looking forward to seeing you in a competitive motor for this, you went pretty well in the LFA if I remember correctly.

Cheers, Zo.

Sorry to hear that Lukas (I heard it in my head as I read it, just in case people think I'm hearing voices). That's me moved up one place in the finishing line up I suppose, but you'll be missed nonetheless.

Aventador at Ascari next month I think, C/S of course, and a proper endurance since pit stops are okay now.

See you then hopefully.

Cheers, Zo.

Hi All ! Used to race with Ant and BJ and would like to join the fun tomorrow night - if possible. So I'll send you a FR now Zolon32 and hope to see you all on the track tomorrow night !

Cheers Gyn

Thanks for pointing that out LJ, yes you can change the oil (primary entry updated). Why on earth they made it so that doing so increases the power I just don't know, what's wrong with the oil they put in at the factory?

Cheers, Zo.

Thanks for pointing that out LJ, yes you can change the oil (primary entry updated). Why on earth they made it so that doing so increases the power I just don't know, what's wrong with the oil they put in at the factory?

Cheers, Zo.
No idea about the oil change in GT6, @Zolon32... PD logic for you.

Sincerly, LJ12.

I'll be there. Haven't done any practice really, so will mainly be bringing up the rear. Have both cases and may try both, not sure at the moment. Might just go for which ever one has the last takers to even it up a bit. See you tonight!

Thanks Ant, it is a bit of a dilemma which car to use. One of the quick chaps who I've raced with is adamant that the LP400 is significantly quicker; and it is on the straight, but I find that the Ferrari turns in much harder and holds that front end grip advantage right through the corner, equalising the situation perfectly at Spa.

It might be a different story with a bit of water down, but I haven't tested it and I won't be, I like surprises.

Cheers, Zo.

I think that with plenty of pratice the LP400 is faster... The key for me was getting the weight transfer right on corner entry to load up the front then shifting it to the rear for max traction on exit. With a DS3 (like i use) this can be hit and miss but for those that are using a wheel i think it will be more hit....

Forgot about the rain!! Awesome... it will be just like driving in the Uk this week :lol:

GYN!! Great to see you again... thought you had gone over to the dark side! WLR representing tonight... We should colour code cars or something!! :cheers:

It might be that we end up with 90% Lambos on the grid BJ, but there's nothing wrong with that, they sound good and look......................... er............................ okay, I think.

And, yahoooooooo I'm back on my wheel, after four months of using the pad due to a back injury. It's like learning to drive again, because I've not even been able to drive my own motor. I hope I'm not ubergarbage tonight.

Cheers, Zo.

It might be that we end up with 90% Lambos on the grid BJ, but there's nothing wrong with that, they sound good and look......................... er............................ okay, I think.

And, yahoooooooo I'm back on my wheel, after four months of using the pad due to a back injury. It's like learning to drive again, because I've not even been able to drive my own motor. I hope I'm not ubergarbage tonight.

Cheers, Zo.
Best of luck eith the wheel, @Zolon32! Can't wait to race against you, and the rest of you of course!

Sincerly, LJ12.

Ha ha, the wife would have something to say about it if I tried Jim, but I've managed about an hour or so yesterday and today and I was still comfortable. Believe me I don't want to send myself back to the position I was a month ago.

Cheers, Zo.

Hi guys! Great racing this evening (especially with a 'laggy' Cal on the 12 lap race!), and a big thank you to Zo for setting this up - nice work m8.

Already looking forward to the next one.. Roll on!! :gtpflag:

- Sideways is the way forward

Yup... some really quick guys out there last night!

The next race will really split the field as i find Ascari much more technical. Oh that Lambo too.. mmmmmm

Hi guys, I'm glad you enjoyed it and congratulations to Drifter, serious pace there. And thanks Gyn, excellent, clean battles, it what I love about GT.

I'm afraid my celebrations over the wheel were premature, serious rethink on the driving position required, to something like the F1 guys use maybe; my old injury flared up after racing yesterday and I really don't want to risk causing more damage.

Anyway, the next event.......... Aventador at Ascari C/S of course Thursday 12th June 8.30pm BST.

Tuning will be prohibited, but oil change allowed, because the Avent is a bit weedy without, ha ha ha.

Now that pits seem to be fixed it will be a single race of about 70 minutes, with depletion at very fast, to introduce plenty of pitstop strategy.

Also, since I'm fed up with the tracks always drying out so quick and spoiling my evil plans, the track will be dry to start, but with weather at 80%, changing at 2X. Let's see what that gives us.

For those who haven't yet tried it you will find the Aventador very much easier to control than you might imagine, it doesn't have any of the extreme oversteer of many Lambos, and good grief does it pick its self up and fire out of the corners, FANTASTIC!

Cheers, chaps, I'm looking forward to it already, Zo.

Hi guys, I'm glad you enjoyed it and congratulations to Drifter, serious pace there. And thanks Gyn, excellent, clean battles, it what I love about GT.

I'm afraid my celebrations over the wheel were premature, serious rethink on the driving position required, to something like the F1 guys use maybe; my old injury flared up after racing yesterday and I really don't want to risk causing more damage.

Anyway, the next event.......... Aventador at Ascari C/S of course Thursday 12th June 8.30pm BST.

Tuning will be prohibited, but oil change allowed, because the Avent is a bit weedy without, ha ha ha.

Now that pits seem to be fixed it will be a single race of about 70 minutes, with depletion at very fast, to introduce plenty of pitstop strategy.

Also, since I'm fed up with the tracks always drying out so quick and spoiling my evil plans, the track will be dry to start, but with weather at 80%, changing at 2X. Let's see what that gives us.

For those who haven't yet tried it you will find the Aventador very much easier to control than you might imagine, it doesn't have any of the extreme oversteer of many Lambos, and good grief does it pick its self up and fire out of the corners, FANTASTIC!

Cheers, chaps, I'm looking forward to it already, Zo.

I will definatley be participating! Look forward to be racing against you again.

Sincerly, LJ12.

Thanks Zolon ! Great battles indeed. All around a great night with very clean and fair racing.
BJ good to see you too but I really need to improve my pace or i'll just see you for a few moments on the track !!
Will be there for the next race for sure !

Thanks Zolon. Great evening and some good close proximity racing in the opening lap. Shame I messed up my first lap in both races. Was a bit soul destroying to leave the track and wait for everyone to pass, made it hard for myself.

Not sure if I'm looking forward to the next one or dreading it but I'm sure it will be fun. I'd like to apologise now for taking anyone out in the next race!

Back