Call of Duty 2016 Infinite Warfare// Cod4 Remake

United States
PST/US
HarrisonMV1Ford
DK Harrison
Essentially confirmed at this point, the new Call of Duty title will be called "Infinite Warfare" and an add on top of that will be a CoD 4 remake. I myself am excited to see them finally listen to the community and re-make an amazing game, hopefully at 60fps/1080P+ improved graphics for next gen consoles.

What do you guys think of this news?

Attachments

• 150.PNG
    150.PNG
    423.8 KB · Views: 34
Essentially confirmed at this point, the new Call of Duty title will be called "Infinite Warfare" and an add on top of that will be a CoD 4 remake. I myself am excited to see them finally listen to the community and re-make an amazing game, hopefully at 60fps/1080P+ improved graphics for next gen consoles.

First thought was "Meh", but then again I have no real business replying to this; I haven't even seen that much gameplay from the last 2 instalments, let alone played them. I guess you could say I've outgrown it, although another reason is that I don't have a PS4/Xbone, and COD on PC hasn't been as good as on consoles for a while now (apparently). Genuinely curious, have they changed the format/mechanics at all in the most recent games? The last one I played was BLOPS 2, and by that point it really was a feeling of "same old, same old".

But I digress, anything known about this beyond the name?

P.S If it really is a remake, I have a feeling it won't do too well. Reason being is that players remember certain games with a degree of fondness, and if nothing else, those who played MW back in the day will be constantly comparing them. And probably waxing a bit of nostalgia too.

Activision has enough "Future FPS" theme right now. Its time to change the theme to Classic Wars, atleast once per 2 franchises / per 2 year assuming they still make COD annually.

But eh, they wont listen in the end. They're too big corporation to listen to anybody except busniess people.

Activision has enough "Future FPS" theme right now. Its time to change the theme to Classic Wars, atleast once per 2 franchises / per 2 year assuming they still make COD annually.

But eh, they wont listen in the end. They're too big corporation to listen to anybody except busniess people.
True, but even you have to admit that Activision is brilliant in having three teams doing COD once every three years in a cycle.

True, but even you have to admit that Activision is brilliant in having three teams doing COD once every three years in a cycle.
That would be all well and good if there was a positive progress from game to game but there just isn't at all! Since hitting its peak with black ops, has there been a Call of Duty title that have the games really seen this change from having a three year development cycle?

That would be all well and good if there was a positive progress from game to game but there just isn't at all! Since hitting its peak with black ops, has there been a Call of Duty title that have the games really seen this change from having a three year development cycle?
I couldn't answer that question since I haven't played a COD since Black Ops.

I've been wanting to try out COD 4 multiplayer, but I held off on buying it for the PS3 because it's apparently been filled with hackers for the past few years. However, people consistently say it was one of the best in the series. The newest games looked interesting because of the bright color schemes, enhanced movement, and weapon customization, but the RNG crate drop system in a $60 game is a turn-off for me.

Dan
I've been wanting to try out COD 4 multiplayer, but I held off on buying it for the PS3 because it's apparently been filled with hackers for the past few years. However, people consistently say it was one of the best in the series. The newest games looked interesting because of the bright color schemes, enhanced movement, and weapon customization, but the RNG crate drop system in a $60 game is a turn-off for me.
Are you talking about the kill streak supply drops? If so, I for one would prefer a horrible RNG on those.

Dan, Supply drops were never really pay to win in BO3 (AW they were pretty bad though) The past two CoD's have been fast paced, movement based, very different from every other game. AW was lots of Jumping, flying around, etc. while BO3 was wall-running, thrust jumping (Not nearly as ridiculous as AW)

For me, I want another ground based, BO2/BO1/every other cod really type game. I hope that's what they do with IW.

Dan
No, the ones that give you special camos for your guns and armor/exo suit.
Ah, I never felt the need to make any purchases like that for COD. Where there some locked out, only available through purchasing those?

Ah, I never felt the need to make any purchases like that for COD. Where there some locked out, only available through purchasing those?

I don't think so. I just think you should be able to get those "rare" items by leveling up, instead of pure luck.

Dan
I don't think so. I just think you should be able to get those "rare" items by leveling up, instead of pure luck.
Ah, I see. It should be removed all together and just work off accolades or work off a sort of checklist. Like "get so many kills with so and so" or by completing a sequence of things while in some game mode.

Ah, I see. It should be removed all together and just work off accolades or work off a sort of checklist. Like "get so many kills with so and so" or by completing a sequence of things while in some game mode.

Yeah. I would prefer that. It would be more rewarding that way.

I'd be very interested if the remake was part of the new game, but with Activision it would probably be locked behind a pay wall of some kind.

I hope they can get rid of the stupid jumping Halo and Exo Suit stupid stuff, They need to go back to the Classic Call of Duty like Modern Warfare style of playing. I like to have my boots on the ground and not jumping like Halo. I hate having to jump and look 20 feet ahead of me so I don't get shot mid air or jumped over. I am very happy to see them Remaster the Modern Warfare series it would be awesome. The "Infinite Warfare" as what I have heard and seen it is supposed to be "In Space" but that still hasn't been confirmed yet. The main thing is that we don't even know how to game is supposed to play like.

As long as there's no more robots, and running on walls, and flying around, I might be interested.

I agree 100%, In my opinion they have ruined the Call of Duty Series with Advanced Warfare (Worst game ever made) Exo Suits and Black Ops 3 with the running on walls and the Super jump. So if they can go back the Classic Boots on the ground FFS COD then the franchise will come back up. Because Battlefield blew them out of the door when Battlefront came out and Battlefield 4 Because Advanced warfare was ranked the worst Call Of Duty Ever.

Is COD4 Modern Warfare really that decrepit to need a remaster? It's very playable even today and the graphics are hardly appalling. If anything MW2 and MW3 looked and played pretty similar. Unless they are giving it away as a bundled extra with Infinite Warfare it wouldn't be anything special IMO. However if they expanded the game with new levels, extra things to do through the campaign etc then that might be interesting.

Was half expecting Ghosts 2, but ech, we'll see what happens when it's revealed. Might look into the CoD 4 remake since I have MW2 and 3.

I'd rather have a Ghosts 2 than this Infinite Warfare, especially if it's happening in space.

I'm more intrested in this CoD 4 remake than Infinite Warfare.

I agree 100%, In my opinion they have ruined the Call of Duty Series with Advanced Warfare (Worst game ever made) Exo Suits and Black Ops 3 with the running on walls and the Super jump. So if they can go back the Classic Boots on the ground FFS COD then the franchise will come back up. Because Battlefield blew them out of the door when Battlefront came out and Battlefield 4 Because Advanced warfare was ranked the worst Call Of Duty Ever.
Infinity Ward tried and failed that with Ghosts.

I find it interesting that you have groups of people complaining that COD is the same stuff, different day, and groups complaining that IW/Treyarch/Sledgehammer need to go back to 'boots on the ground' because "it's not Call of Duty anymore".

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is the new 2016 COD game and it comes with a Modern Warfare surprise that should make Call of Duty 4 fans happy. This is what you need to know about the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare release date, versions and other key details.

Multiple leaks, including signs and a listing on the PlayStation Store, include the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare name and the Modern Warfare Remastered version.

All signs point to the 2016 Call of Duty taking place in space in some fashion, including insider leaks and the poster that shows a soldier holding a space helmet.

In the next five to seven days we expect the official Activision and Infinity Ward announcement of COD 2016 as Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. The official Call of Duty account already confirmed that a Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered release is coming to PS4 this week.

The new Call of Duty 2016 game is coming from Infinity Ward. We now know when you will get your first look at the Call of Duty 2016 gameplay, and which console will get the new DLC first.

"The next Call of Duty will apparently get unveiled by next Tuesday. Getting listed in retailers at any rate. pic.twitter.com/eYnVX5spdh — Jim Sterling (@JimSterling) April 26, 2016"

An industry insider with a great track record outlines the potential setting in Space, and in the far future. The same insider also teasers that next Friday, May 6th is important. He states, “Pumped for next Friday. Shootery things abound. We could hear about Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare on Tuesday and then see Battlefield 5 on Friday.

Activision announced the new Call of Duty game with a very small helping of details, including who will be developing the new game.

The news comes as work continues on Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, with new Black Ops 3 DLC and a new Black Ops 3 Groups feature allows Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare players to bring clans to Black Ops 3.

We will see our first new Call of Duty trailer soon, which should tell us what the game will be about and when it will be set. The Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare gameplay videos are likely coming in June.

We also share details about the potential exclusivity and what you can count on in terms of a Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Beta and what Xbox 360 and PS3 owners need to know.

Before we close this roundup off, we’ll walk through what you need to know about the potential for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Supply Drops too.

Here are the key 2016 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare release details that you need to know at this stage of the game.

Call-of-Duty-Infinite-Warfare-release-date.jpg

2016-Call-of-Duty-Release-Details1-720x427.jpg

The odds are very good that you will see the 2016 Call of Duty release date in the first 14 days of November 2016 and if this leak is correct on November 4th. We should learn more about this in the next week, possibly on May 3rd.

MORE UPDATED INFORMATION,

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare -- in Space

IT SHOWS 4/11/16 Because this picture is from CANADA SO THAT'S WHY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE 11/4/16
There is a lot of speculation about the setting for the COD 2016 game. Infinity Ward is best known for games that do not rely on the thrusters and jetpacks that are a huge part of many first person shooters. That said after three years of development we may be on the edge of seeing the Call of Duty Infinite Warfare game come to life in space.

The poster shows a space helmet in the hands of a soldier, and a plethora of leaks indicate this will take place in space.

In late March 2016 shinobi602, an industry insider with an amazing track record, responded to a post on NeoGAF outlining a very futuristic setting.

In the forum shinobi602 states, "This makes Black Ops 3 feel like the stone age. Metaphorically of course." When asked if it compares to Battelfield 2142 style of gameplay he expands sharing, "Very far future. Space combat. Full on sci-fi."

Shortly after that comment the insider adds, "This is nothing like Ghosts. We're talking combat in spaceships (think No Man's Sky), and not just around Earth. And a central hub area that's a form of living space station. Think the Battlestar Galactica loading bay. Being a mostly campaign guy, I'm pretty excited for this one."

If true this lines up with a steady pace of rumors from YouTube that claim Call of Duty 2016 will be set in space. Back in 2013 Activision abandoned a trademark for Call of Duty Space Warfare. The company also abandoned Call of Duty: Future Warfare and Call of Duty: Secret Warfare.

At this point it is all but confirmed that you are not going to play Call of Duty: Ghosts 2 this year. With the bonus of Call of Duty 4 Remastered it's tough to say if this will be a boots on the ground game in space of if there will be advanced movement mechanics like we've seen in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty: Black Ops 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the info Beast 👍

Your Welcome Man. I am still trying to find more information about it and I have emailed Infinity Ward and Call of Duty multiple times to see if they would email me back. Infinity Ward has in the past so we will see.

THIS WAS UPLOADED ABOUT 2 MINUTES AGO!!!

Last edited:
cod4 by far the best of all cod games,simple and easy to play 3,5 and 7 killstreak and thats it,hackers ruined this game

Back