Call of Duty 2016 Infinite Warfare// Cod4 Remake

Now I wonder if they cut back on any other aspects of COD 4's multiplayer? Regardless I'll buy it right away because the campaign was frickin awesome.

Now I wonder if they cut back on any other aspects of COD 4's multiplayer? Regardless I'll buy it right away because the campaign was frickin awesome.

I think the only difference is that there are 10 maps rather than the 16 in the original vanilla game.

People shouldn't fall for this trap of buying IW just for COD4, if you really want only the remaster stand your ground and don't let them do this because if it's a success they will bundle MW2 and MW3 with the next two games. If it backfires chances are, as has been mentioned, they may release it as a standalone digital download months down the line.

I just want the prices for the older games to be lowered, $50 for COD 4 (on Steam) is ridiculous.
Is COD 4 seriously still $50 on Steam? While it's a great game I wouldn't even pay $20 for it.

Is COD 4 seriously still $50 on Steam? While it's a great game I wouldn't even pay $20 for it.
Yep.
KNi90ck.png

Looks like I'll be getting the older games with a parrot on my shoulder and an eyepatch.

It's like it's a totally new game! I was expecting similar to what we have seen with other 'HD Classics' and other 'Definitive Edition' releases where they only do little tweaks.

My prediction is 6 months after release, CoD 4 remaster will be available by itself.
They will probably do this with a big slap in the face. If the legacy edition is an extra £30 I predict MW remastered will be £40 by itself. Then they'll release the same dlc pack as before.

Yeah, I'm not buying a piece of **** game just to be able to play/buy CoD4.

Shame. I was quite excited and ready to buy CoD4.
Probably one of the tricks those corporates apply to lure people into preorder trap. Im quite sure it'll be switched into standalone in the very late announcement once the pre-orders is done.

Probably one of the tricks those corporates apply to lure people into preorder trap. Im quite sure it'll be switched into standalone in the very late announcement once the pre-orders is done.

There's a chance they'll do that to make themselves look like the good guys in this situation for "listening to the fans after much debate." Just like Microsoft with the XBOX One. Made some outrageously stupid decisions initially, realize they effed up royally, then turn it around thinking people would just forget about it if you gave them what they want.

EDIT: Forgot to post this yesterday. Credit goes to /u/DragonDDark on Reddit.
"I hate pre-order bonuses."

Last edited by a moderator:
It's seems that i'm not the only one who prefer more modern and "realistic" Call of dutys over "futuristic with space and battleships around the galaxy" one's?

My first cod was Modern Warfare 2 and so far it's my most favourite one. Black ops one's are also good.

A while back there were rumours going around about Modern Warfare Zero, a prequel game to COD4. Now that would have been an awesome game to release now and bundle with the re-master!

View attachment 543243

I don't know why but for some reason something inside of me makes me want to see that dislike number go up.......

Probably because Call of Duty becomes more and more like Fifa, regurgitated content with a new theme (with Fifa just updated teams and jerseys).
These future themes usually do not sit too well, at least not with the veteran crowd. Part of the reason why Modern Warfare/MW2 are so popular is simply because of the relatable story line because of good characters and generally senseable technology and overall still the best multiplayer experience (imo) and also part of the reason why Battlefield 5 will most likely stick to the near future theme.

I just feel like that the latest CoD sequels drifted a little too far into "fantasy" if that makes sense. It's not entirely realistic, but considering it's the future you're obviously allowed to speculate and dream about what could be the military of the future. But I also feel like that the single players campaign, which always has been a strong suit of the CoD series, focuses a little too much on "Michael Bay" - type action and featuring big Hollywood actors rather than having a good story line in which the characters are somewhat relateable.

I loved Call of Duty 4 & Modern Warfare 2. Full remake of those, maybe added maps would interest me greatly, although I haven't played games in some time. 10 maps would be disappointing to me.

Futuristic weapons & technology they kept adding to the franchise lost me. I wish they focused efforts on things like gameplay, matchmaking, hack/mod prevention instead, but that's just my opinion.

If they did CoD4 Remake thing right, I would consider purchasing PS4 & PSN sub(I told you I don't play anymore! lol).

Its funny some Cod players want cod to change and start doing something different yet when they do different things like wall running boost jumping future settings everyone wants it back to be boots on ground oldschool military

Dan
Wow. So they really ripped off fans, then. Especially after the fact that CoD4 is only available for purchase in a bundle. That's scummy. I want this to completely backfire for them and force them to rethink their approach, but it probably won't happen unfortunately.
Its not scummy its buisness they own the property they can dictate how its sold

Back