Call of Duty 2016 Infinite Warfare// Cod4 Remake

Good job, Casey!

Here's a Fury Kill I got in IW the other day.

(Don't mind the Drift0r tweet, I was sharing this with him)

Sorry to dig up an old thread but just a dilemma question... for release date pre-ordered 2 copies of infinite warfare legacy editions, 1 for myself on the PS4 and the other for my son on the Xbox one.

Here's my problem... mine is fine on the PS4, but my son managed to wreck his disc for the Xbox last week like he does with most games bah! anyway I went out today and purchased another copy of infinite warfare without being the legacy edition as he already has the remastered download installed on his xbox, so he puts in the new disc and it wont play remastered which is quite annoying as that's the game he plays most.

Now I understand that they have done this for the sake of stopping people just downloading the remastered when all they purchased was the normal game and not the legacy edition, but what if a situation happens with your purchased disc do you have to keep buying the legacy package to play the MW2 remastered game? Is there some way to let them know it has already been purchased before? because I think they have not considered accidents or clumsiness versus fraudulence as their only protection.. what about consumers being robbed blind multiple times?

If anyone has some idea how I can solve this issue without buying yet another legacy edition on top of this purchase today I would much appreciate it 👍

Thanks for reading
Cheers Ron.

@Mr P I believe that on the XB1 the "permissions" to play MW remastered are held on the legacy edition discs, something which the standard edition discs will be missing, so as far as I'm aware you would have to use a legacy edition disc for him to play the remastered game.

If you still have the old wrecked legacy edition disc (or even without, I suppose they could look at the download history) it might be worth trying to contact Xbox support and see if they can help sort you out with a digital legacy version. It's rare but I still sometimes hear of them sorting this kind of stuff for customers.

Thanks for the advice Lukas 👍 I will get my son to contact them in the morning as he knows all his username and details etc.. I actually posted the same query on the official COD site and was told to contact Activision support who would send me a legacy edition replacement disc at a slightly reduced price, I think I have paid more than enough for this game and to that company over the years! I like your suggested option much better ;) fingers crossed they are in a good mood haha :D

Thanks again for the suggestion and here's hoping :)

I thought that prop hunt for the weekend warfare on MWR that they was promoting was going to be an April fools joke but it's not and I'm glad it isn't.

I'd like to see them add some of these game modes that they're doing to the normal playlist.

Why are MW updates so ridiculously big? Downloaded patch 1.10 yesterday which was 6 gig and today a new patch (1.11 ) which is 8 gigs and only supposedly adds 3 new guns. Had to delete 30 gig of games just to download the 1.10 patch. Really annoying.

The core game is still fantastic.

Be wary of the supply drop weapons, some are borderline ridiculous.

I wouldn't say that. They're pretty solid weapons with powerful stats, but none of them beat the red-dot M16A4 with stopping power. That gun can insta-nuke people across the map.

I wouldn't say that. They're pretty solid weapons with powerful stats, but none of them beat the red-dot M16A4 with stopping power. That gun can insta-nuke people across the map.
The M16 is still king, but the BOS-14 is a pretty close second.

Multiplayer.
Stopping Power is king. Run Juggernaut and a fast-moving weapon (MP5 is fantastic for this) until you're able to outshoot the Stopping Power players without taking a lot of hits. Don't be afraid to use equipment either. Run Special X3 off the bat with Flashbangs for an effective corner-check tactic. Other than that, have a class for every primary type so you can take on whatever situations you run into.

Flanking is a strong playstyle, but you have to be twitchy. I can get into specific weapons later when I have time.

I use a P90 w/suppressor and the .44 Magnum w/suppressor alongside UAV jammer, yet I still feel outgunned in most situations. Any tips?

I use a P90 w/suppressor and the .44 Magnum w/suppressor alongside UAV jammer, yet I still feel outgunned in most situations. Any tips?
Are you running Steady Aim? The P90 is a fantastic bullet hose from the hip. Add Dead Silence to help with moving around - the P90 doesn't need the added accuracy SA gives.

Are you running Steady Aim? The P90 is a fantastic bullet hose from the hip. Add Dead Silence to help with moving around - the P90 doesn't need the added accuracy SA gives.

I use extreme conditioning with it, but I should probably take it off because it encourages a habit of not "checking those corners!" I often run around a corner blindly and get shot in the back. I've never considered DS but I'll give it a try.

I use extreme conditioning with it, but I should probably take it off because it encourages a habit of not "checking those corners!" I often run around a corner blindly and get shot in the back. I've never considered DS but I'll give it a try.
Don't be afraid to run x3 Specials either. It helps with room clearing, especially on maps like Bog.

Yeah, no. Some revolvers can be suppressed, but they have a special design on the cylinder.

The point of the .44 was to have a stealthier DEagle in the game.

Fun fact: the .44 Magnum has no suppressor penalty. I've gotten quite a few two-shot kills with it.

I had suspected as much. I think it has to do with the original DEagle code it was written on.

Edit: I'm very close to unlocking the Bered MK8. I just need to get Anodized camo.

Aim a bit higher than usual, if you get hit, you'll score an accidental headshot given how dodgy the flinch is in the game.

Also prefiring works best.

Aim a bit higher than usual, if you get hit, you'll score an accidental headshot given how dodgy the flinch is in the game.

Also prefiring works best.

I'm actually at blue tiger with my P90 already. :)

I never usually pre-fire too much because I never developed a habit. I'll try that out too.

Back