Call of Duty 2016 Infinite Warfare// Cod4 Remake

I myself play CoD/ Battlefield, the div, racing games (PCars, GT, etc.) GTA, Rocket League, and between all of them (more or less between CoD/BF) I'm damn good at both. I do get what you're saying, but if CoD turned into BF, BF would be better than the "wannabe BF" that CoD would do. So no destruction maps, no vehicles, etc. but I also agree with them keeping it BOG warfare (boots on the ground)
I don't think anyone wants to turn CoD into BF, but just wants CoD to stick to its core gameplay and expand/innovate on that. It shouldn't be too hard to stick to the original formula and improving/innovating it without resorting to gimmicks. And they can always release spin-offs that go outside of the traditional box (e.g. like BF did with Hardline, 2142, etc. Hell, even SW:BF doesn't stray that far from the core gameplay and any BF player will feel at home immediately).

I myself play CoD/ Battlefield, the div, racing games (PCars, GT, etc.) GTA, Rocket League, and between all of them (more or less between CoD/BF) I'm damn good at both. I do get what you're saying, but if CoD turned into BF, BF would be better than the "wannabe BF" that CoD would do. So no destruction maps, no vehicles, etc. but I also agree with them keeping it BOG warfare (boots on the ground)

There is a huge difference between being good, and being really good at the game... I've never seen you play BF, so I don't know your play style, but you could pretty much be using the most overpowered weapons to be good at the game, as far as I know. I've seen it, I myself have been in that exact position in the game where a single weapon turned a bad round into a damn good round. Does that made me suddenly a good player? No, the weapon simply overpowered my opponents, so I can kill them faster and take on more than one at a time. You can't do that with every single weapon in the game.
With that said, good player is a good overall player, someone that can adapt to every situation, to every weapon, to every class and vehicles. There's no real skill involved in getting 20000 kills with the most overpowered weapon in the game, and as soon as you change to something new, less efficient, you get destroyed by everything. Gun masters is a good example of that, "good" players that get trashed because they can't adapt to all the weapons.

As for COD, I'm not suggesting a full-on approach on environment destruction. More like, destruction of small objects, damage to the walls, maybe something that changes the map flow. Something that makes it look like there was a battle in that map. Let's be honest, they are too lazy in terms of multiplayer gameplay, everything feels the same, just "run-point-shoot-run", like I said, it's too easy and too simple. They could make the maps bigger, more players on a server too.

I completely understand that. I would like to see that happen too. Map destruction would be awesome to see in CoD and it would/could be a really cool game changer. As for BF, I've golded every weap on BFH (1k kills w/each) Generally top score, obj, etc. I wasn't trying to brag or be a "Cool guy" was just saying some people can be good at both. I really enjoy BF and I'll definitely be picking up BF1, but on the other hand, I'm going to give IW a chance.

Don't worry, I know that there are some cases that play very well in both games (and games in general apart from FPS's), just stating that 90% of CoD players hate BF because it's "too hard" and too complex, so they don't bother to try it properly and claim CoD is better. This was just my point initially.
They could and should improve on the basics, and what they do is basically maintain all the gameplay from the last games, don't improve any animations and game dynamics, and just throw jumps at the players claiming it's a refreshed experience. They could add some sort of complexity to it, they have the time and money to do that, adding some sort of destructive environment is just an example.

I'd wait for reviews, the campaign may appear quite open but I would be very surprised if it is. Warp to Planet A, kill the bad guys, return to station and so on until all planets are free of bad guys and you get to fight the boss who you thought was good initially.

I'm so close to not even getting it, I've played every CoD and have bought every CoD at release since CoD MW2 (CoD 4 I was like 10 yrs old so my dad bought it :D) and back in the day these games were honestly amazing. I remember each by my year in school, BO1 I was in 7th grade in middle school and I remember how hype it was to go home and play Black ops. I miss the good ol CoD, BOG gameplay, etc.

MW3 even, that was my freshman year in HS and I remember when they released face off 1v1,2v2, and 3v3's and the maps they made for em, I loved MW3. Clan Wars, the special playlists, double XP weekends were actually hype unlike now. Battlefield has yet to fail me, I loved BF3/4 and BF Hardline, may just stick with BF1.

It seems like everone is on the cod hater bandwagon. I dont buy Cod every year but im actually buying infinite warfare

Last edited:
Dan
I have a feeling that Activi$ion is freaking out right now and desperate to bring back their fans
Can you blame them when Infinite Warfare looks like a Michael Bay film while Battlefield is moving back towards an actual realistic setting? I'm no fan of either franchise - most gamers take it way too seriously and take being beaten as a challenge to their manhood - but I was reading yesterday that the E3 Infinite Warfare trailer is the second most-disliked video on YouTube.

Hoe is it band wagon when the last game of cod you had was over 3 years ago
I didn't say that's what you did. I was just laughing at the use of the word, as if the things said are unwarranted. The games are relatively lackluster, and do very little in change. They finally did change with this future/exo suit stuff, but it really wasn't a good direction in my opinion. Just something else over the top they decided to do. They've built this reputation, it's not made up.

I didn't say that's what you did. I was just laughing at the use of the word, as if the things said are unwarranted. The games are relatively lackluster, and do very little in change. They finally did change with this future/exo suit stuff, but it really wasn't a good direction in my opinion. Just something else over the top they decided to do. They've built this reputation, it's not made up.
I respect you opinion but not sure i agree as a whole

Somewhat off topic but i bought Cod black ops 1 yesterday and man oh man it feels good to be back on there. All my data is still there as well. Played zombies mode first and then knocked the rust off on multiplayer TDM. :)

Dan
Gamers need to stop pre-ordering games. There are countless articles and videos online explaining why pre-order culture is a horrible idea for consumers.
Why i preorder games and pay it ofc little by little whats wrong with that?

Lets hope the add on cod 4 section will be hack free so as we don't get deja vu from all the previous versions we played years ago.. IW should assure everyone in advance that it will be unhackable and with that kind of guarantee the pre-orders and final sales should go through the roof imo, but I think this is just a pipe dream and we can expect more of the same years down the line :(

I have owned and played every version of COD all the way to B03 but I don't like the flying players on advanced warfare and black ops so I'm stuck to playing ghosts on PS4 less cheats that the PS3 version of ghosts but they still exist all the same ... I hate hackers who cheat at COD and run around like rambo and big themselves up :rolleyes: Still gonna buy the game in November though and probably shelf it within a week due to the super amazing invincible players :bowdown:

Come on IW release an unhackable game with no flying and you have hit the nail on the head for me 👍

Just my 2 pence worth :P

Lets hope the add on cod 4 section will be hack free so as we don't get deja vu from all the previous versions we played years ago.. IW should assure everyone in advance that it will be unhackable and with that kind of guarantee the pre-orders and final sales should go through the roof imo , but I think this is just a pipe dream and we can expect more of the same years down the line :(

I have owned and played every version of COD all the way to B03 but I don't like the flying players on advanced warfare and black ops so I'm stuck to playing ghosts on PS4 less cheats that the PS3 version of ghosts but they still exist all the same ... I hate hackers who cheat at COD and run around like rambo and big themselves up :rolleyes: Still gonna buy the game in November though and probably shelf it within a week due to the super amazing invincible players :bowdown:

Come on IW release an unhackable game with no flying and you have hit the nail on the head for me 👍

Just my 2 pence worth :P
As far as I know, IW won't have that much flying.

Looks like the game wasn't actually that bad, it's BO3 with slower movement, more interesting weapons, an interesting "rigs" system and a funny animation of bodies floating in Zero-G instead of dropping to the floor. So "rip cod" and the 3 million dislikes seem somewhat undeserved now to me.

image.png
I'll give the people saying it's Halo one thing, I found a Spartan!

I'm mostly interested in MW Remastered but I played some of the beta for IW and it's actually okay to me and seems like it will be much better than all the other future based games imo.

One thing I would like to see in IW is a playlist where the boost jumping ability is disabled and or have more maps where the boost jumping isn't very useful.

Back