Call of Duty: Black Ops II *Releases this week for PS3, PS Vita, 360*

• Thread starter Darren.
  • 668 comments
Eks
I do...
Sure their probably meaningless, but I for one would much rather have a 1.07 on my combat record than 0.87. Also, especially in TDM, I always aim for double-digit kills and single-digit deaths. (19-8 just looks better than 19-10)
That's just me.

Sure, we would all like to keep them above 1.00, but when you play mostly objective based games you soon forget all about your K/D spread.

I cared about mine in WaW, because I mostly played HC FFA. Then MW2 came out, and I stopped caring because of all the sniping. It's near impossible to get a positive K/D on an objective based game (not FFA or TDM).

Now after another 3 games, I really couldn't care less. It's still above 1.00, but if it dropped to 0.2 I wouldn't be bothered.

Then again, what stats do matter? Clearly not your rank, because that can be hacked, and after all, it's just an indication of how long you have spent online really.

Usually I judge, in Kill Confirmed, a player by his/her confirmed and denied stats. You can get all the kills you like, but if you don't collect them tags, what's the point? To build kill streaks you say? I say it's much quicker to collect tags and get them. The only people who don't collect tags are campers, and to me that's the problem with Call of Duty since MW2. I never really encountered then on WaW, that or they didn't annoy me as much.

Anyway, rant over. Lol.

Good points:tup:

You're very right about stats not mattering since you can hack them. It's really bad too when you view the top leaderboards and see a Rank 3 with 6 kills and a 2147366256512128 K/D ratio and score. :grumpy:

Eks
Good points:tup:

You're very right about stats not mattering since you can hack them. It's really bad too when you view the top leaderboards and see a Rank 3 with 6 kills and a 2147366256512128 K/D ratio and score. :grumpy:

That's what I mean. Judge a player by what they do in game. Not their K/D. Campers have destroyed the K/D mattering, there's nothing worse than trying to take out a guy on top of one of them roof's at plaza an you just keep getting beasted, because you cannot let it go! Lol.

Always check for a mix of KD, WL and SPM. A 5.0 KDR with a low SPM of around 100 would definitely be a camper. A 1.5 KDR, 1.0+ W/L and 350+ SPM would be a great player, imo 👍
Also, I've set a personal goal of having the Executioner be in my top 3 by the end of August. I'm currently at 992 kills with it and I'll need to net around 1600 kills with it to beat my current deadliest weapon.

The Five-seveN :dopey:

Always check for a mix of KD, WL and SPM. A 5.0 KDR with a low SPM of around 100 would definitely be a camper. A 1.5 KDR, 1.0+ W/L and 350+ SPM would be a great player, imo 👍
Also, I've set a personal goal of having the Executioner be in my top 3 by the end of August. I'm currently at 992 kills with it and I'll need to net around 1600 kills with it to beat my current deadliest weapon.

The Five-seveN :dopey:

I cannot express my hatred for that bloody gun. The Five-Seven is properly OP, but I like it.

1.48 KDR, 1.3x W/L and 250 SPM.

Would be very different if I could use my sniper rifles more as they should be used.
And just something a bit different. My PS3 has been offline for 20 days now...

This thread is dying a slow death. Must be the game.

Anyone excited about the DLC for the PS3? It better be good because in the last 3 weeks I have played Blops2 for a whopping 90 minutes....

First thoughts on the new maps? Myself, I'm quite pleased with them. They seem very well thought out. I'm mostly a 'run-n-gun' player so I immediately did very well at Grind. Hydro also was fairly simple to do well at with only a couple of matches played there. The others, Downhill and Mirage, feel a bit larger and still had me a little lost, but had a good time trying to figure out the good cover points to hide from snipers. I've only played 'Domination' on them so far, the mode seems to help with learning the layouts. I'm very satisfied with the purchase, it has definatley revived my interest in the game, as I had been slowly backing away from it for the last few weeks. Anyone else?

Well I just played the downhill map for the first game of the DLC it's pretty good, however the peacekeeper is properly OP. Its good, just well OP.

Yeah, this game is definitely making a return for a lot of people. Many of my friends were slowly fading away from this game, "It's boring", "Why bother, Master PR with all Diamond guns". So, I really like that they are adding weapons into the game, and the PeaceKeeper is a total success. Yeah, of course it's incredibly OP, that's how they get people to purchase DLC Content. Treyarch really got me with the maps this time, Treyarch is well known for actually putting an effort into their DLC, the only DLC I appreciated from IW was Chaos Mode for MW3. Sure, the maps were actually pretty decent but they needed to start doing that anyway. Treyarch has always had my attention, and now that they have been doing so well with Zombies (The Spec Ops of Treyarchs CoD's) Infinity Ward will really be aiming for a good Survival Mode, or Chaos whatever they intend on doing, it better be good.

I bought the pass, forty one pounds. Same as I paid for the actual game. Yet in the last month and half I've played about 5 times. I only remembered earlier the DLC earlier. Time to wait for it to download. Hope it's good.

Just got the DLC free with season pass 👍
I like the maps. I wanted to play the Revolution playlist but I cannot stand Core at all. But atleast they're in the regular rotation for Hardcore 👍
My favorite is a tie between Grind and Hydro. As for Die Rise, it is now of my favorite Zombies maps, along with Kino Der Toten. (The all time best, IMO). I love how multi-level and vertical it is, I never wanted it to end. :lol:👍

Unrelated question: Does anyone know how to get your league rank to show up under your online rank? I've been Silver Division since Season 4 started and it still shows my online rank only.

After playing a crap-load in Core game modes, I decided to have a go at Hardcore and it's surprisingly fun! There are hardly any campers IMO and I love the slower, more cautious pace that you had in BO1.

I even got a 5-feed that was included in a Super Kill :D

I only play Hardcore, and now that you say it, there are hardly any campers left, it was pretty worse in the first couple of months, to the point that it became very annoying.

Yeah, it seems like Hardcore game modes are more slow-paced and "quiet". I like that.
Also, I too am pleased with the minimal campers, they're still there though. I run in to 'em all the time on Yemen.

I only play Hardcore, and now that you say it, there are hardly any campers left, it was pretty worse in the first couple of months, to the point that it became very annoying.

Maybe I'll give Multiplayer another chance. Only got to level 7, got so irritated with Campers round every corner that I never bothered learning the maps or anything.

Has anyone had any problem with hackers?

My file has been hacked, my gamer tag was changed, all load outs were lost. My season pass has also been lost.
I buy 4 games per year. One for each PS3, and one for Xbox 360. I have to buy two separate dlc for the ps3s and one for Xbox 360. I am done with this crap now. Why should I have to worry about hackers stealing and changing crap.

I got my diamond camo for assault rifles a couple days ago. :) So glad to never need to touch the burst fire and semi auto AR's again. SMR and FAL were the worst, taking about 900 kills each for me to gold. Now I can finally stick with the M27, play TDM, and be happy.

I got my diamond camo for assault rifles a couple days ago. :) So glad to never need to touch the burst fire and semi auto AR's again. SMR and FAL were the worst, taking about 900 kills each for me to gold. Now I can finally stick with the M27, play TDM, and be happy.

I gave up on the SMR as soon as I started getting too many hit markers with it....on Hardcore.

Congratulations on golding it, though. 👍
I probably never will.

Has anyone had any problem with hackers?

My file has been hacked, my gamer tag was changed, all load outs were lost. My season pass has also been lost.
I buy 4 games per year. One for each PS3, and one for Xbox 360. I have to buy two separate dlc for the ps3s and one for Xbox 360. I am done with this crap now. Why should I have to worry about hackers stealing and changing crap.

Your PSN ID cannot be hacked. You have to have give your user and password away. There is no other way of getting inside someone else's account. I don't known if the same is true of XBL, but PSN you cannot get someone else's account without their user and password.

Eks
I gave up on the SMR as soon as I started getting too many hit markers with it....on Hardcore.

Congratulations on golding it, though. 👍
I probably never will.

Thanks, my secret for golding guns quickly was Chaos Moshpit and choosing Nuketown as often as possible. Just so many opportunities to get quick kills. The fence line on the one side of the map by the car makes aiming for the head very easy. Select fire was a necessity for the SMR and FAL. Sometimes with the FAL and SMR it felt like I was right on the person and wouldn't even get a hit marker. Very frustrating.

That brings up another question of mine. Who at Trey Arch thought Cargo was a good idea for chaos moshpit which is supposedly small fast paced maps? Cargo is not that and in my opinion for sure one of the worst maps in the series.:yuck:

I'll probably buy the personalisation pack which has the bacon camo in it, other than that the only thing I might be interested in is the extra classes but I probably won't buy them because I just keep one class for when my team is struggling and the others for getting gold guns and challenges.

I don't mind the microtransactions as long as they don't go over the top with them, ending up with about 100 different personalisation packs.

So I finally picked this up a few weeks ago. The only thing I don't like are the maps. They all feel like the entire map is bottle neck and too small leading to getting shot in the backward to avoid regardless if I patrol or run around like a headless chicken.

I'm also curious how I did just as well "naked" with a stock gun gun as I did with attachments and perks. Good balance? Under powered perks? Bad set up? I tend to run blind eye, tough, and dexterity. Add cold blooded if using a silencer.

Yes, I'm rocking a pink m4, erm, m27. I'm surprised I got the double kill skin before the long shot skin. I need 3 more long shots and 8 more blood thirsty.

^ You could have done just as well because of a variety of things such as lag, the quality of the players, maps and the decisions you made during the game.

You may also have been running a setup which doesn't always work for you, I used to find a lobby and change my attachments and then if I did better I'd assume that it was because the gun was so much better, now I usually go through at least 5 lobbies before I decide whether the setup is good or not.

Also on assault rifles the longshot medals are quite a bit harder to get because the maps are so small and the required range is too far so you very rarely come across the opportunity to get a longshot, and then double kills have quite a lot of time between the kills so you end up getting a lot of them.

Back