Call of Duty: Black Ops II *Releases this week for PS3, PS Vita, 360*

• Thread starter Darren.
  • 668 comments
Anyone has this for PS3?

If yes, add me , tronrider345

I normally only do zombies.

Ill forget but add me. I hate playing zombies with random people. They always seem to be one off players who have no idea what they're doing. "M8h3r" đź‘Ť

Got some news :

UpRising Map Pack: DLC pack 2, Releases April 16th for xBox. May 16th PS3 -(Estimated, usually about 30 days after Xbox release date)

Zombie Map

Mob Of The Dead- Zombies map. Info: Est. Location: Alcatraz.

MP Maps:

Magma - MP map. Info: None released.
Vertigo- MP map. Info: Highrise type map, elevated rooftops.
Encore- MP map. Info: None released.
Studio: MP map. Info: None released.

Interesting side note ; Vertigo was originally going to be a map in MW2, the pic was in a pre- release beta version of Mw2, looked a lot like HighRise in MW2.

Honestly, I'm quite pleased with what Treyarch is putting out. I've never enjoyed a CoD game as much as I do with BO2. Treyarch has always had my vote with IW vs. Treyarch. It is a Competition, and I enjoyed WaW and BO1. CoD 4 IMO was the only good game IW released. In my eyes, they failed me with MW2 & MW3. It's not that I didn't like them , trust me, I played the hell out of both of them. But WaW and both the black ops games have been AMAZING!

Edit: PERSONALIZATION PACK: Releases April 12th for PS3 and PC. Previously released for Xbox 360, this pack contains a few things.

Free- Nuketown 2025 map, free to all players (Previously a Pre-Order Bonus)
$4.99- Nuketown Zombies Map, $5 U.S. (Previously Season Pass holders only)
$1.00- Flags of the World Calling Cards
$2.00- Extra Slots Pack-Gives 10 Slots of Create a Class, giving 100 total classes (10 slots, of 10 classes once got all extra CoC slots),20 More emblem slots, 40 more screenshots.
$2.00- Camo Packs: Bacon, Jungle Warfare, Viper, Benjamins, Dia De Los Muertos, Graffiti, Kawaii, Party Rock, && Zombies.

Last edited:
Hmm, Alcatraz, interesting. Couldn't care less about the multiplayer maps, haven't played the standard maps, never even looked at the names of the DLC 1 maps, won't care about DLC 2. I just care about Zombies. Be interested when more details come out.

I imagine most have already seen the new DLC trailer but just in case I'll post it here.

There's also a Mob of the Dead behind the scenes trailer on Youtube which you can easily find by searching.

From someone who isn't too interested in zombies this looks very good, I wasn't particularly fond of Die Rise but that's because of having to wait for elevators all the time, hopefully this map has minimal waiting.

The multiplayer maps are the main part for me. I have a feeling I won't like Studio as I was one of the rare few who disliked Firing Range on BO1, although it could change as my play style and game modes have changed a lot. Magma looks like it could be fun but hopefully they haven't gone overboard with the lava, would be quite interesting if at the start of the game there was barely any lava in the map and then as the game progresses it slowly builds up and eventually routes get cut off. Vertigo looks very good, I like how you can jump from one path to the other. Encore may be good but as my main game mode is hardpoint I'm hoping they haven't put the stage as the first zone or it will be chaos with grenades flying all over the place, although it could be good for the grenade launcher kill challenge.

So, what are people's (from Xbox :grumpy:) opinions about the new Alcatraz map?

Personally, I think it's terrible. I feel that the afterlife just ruins it, if that wasn't there then it would be great because there are a lot of narrow hallways and I found it quite easy to get lost with there being so many doors. I've played it a total of 3 times, it's just not something I like. I know quite a lot of people who like it and some that say it's the best zombies map ever, I've never really been into zombies that much though. I guess when the clan ops for zombies come round it's back to Die Rise again.

The new multiplayer maps are quite fun, I'm starting to like Studio a bit more now, I've yet to play Hardpoint on it but it's alright on CTF. I've only played Magma once in public match and that was the last 2 rounds of SnD so not much to say about it. Encore is quite fun for Demolition and CTF, I haven't seen too many people up on the stage and had a very close game of Demolition where they defused the bomb with 0.5 to go. Vertigo seems to have clicked for me, it's like the perfect map for how I play and I haven't ran into too many target finder LMG's yet.

Any Zombies players out there that play Die Rise well? I need some friends on my Friends list that play Zombies a lot. Also, need some friends that would be willing to play full party. I hate playing with randoms, and if I could have a few friends, we could get a full party going. A few of my friends and I were doing League Play too, there's a lot we could do. Anyway, add me up:

PSN ID: harrison1477 >> If possible, in the MSG say it's from GTP.

Black Ops 2 News:

Patch 1.10
~Added a limited time game mode to the Bonus Playlist, the Arms Race Team Deathmatch variant awards players 150 score per kill. Let the Scorestreak wars begin.

~ Added a post-match Connection Quality survey which will be presented to a sampling of players to assess online gameplay connection quality.

And, a TON of bugs were fixed. Pretty fun game mode in my opinion, having fun with that extra score per kill, and honestly it makes it So much easier to get scorestreaks. Didn't specify how long this playlist is going to be up, but if I had to guess I would say until May 16th (When PS3 users get Uprising)

Call Of Duty Ghosts:
Release Date: Nov. 5th
Pre order bonus: Ghosts camo for Bo2
New Engine!

More news soon!

Last edited:
I played a ton of zombies back when Blops 1 was the latest COD, was pretty good at the game-mode !. Black Ops 2 came out, bought it day one, Tranzit was a disappointment, bus was a terrible idea and the other maps were way too small, plus a wonder weapon that is a pain to build is stupid. I kinda stopped playing zombies for a few months, then a few weeks back, I decided to get back into and bought Revolution, I'm terribly rusty and honestly not that great at zombies anymore, maybe I'll get back to when I was above-average but I doubt I'll put as much time into it as I used to.

However I am super psyched for Mob of the Dead, can't wait to get my hands on that map !, new wonder weapon looks epic, map is huge, tons of secrets, lots of new weapons etc. May 16th needs to come sooner !!.

I doubt I will even buy it, never mind pre-order it. I don't care much for the storyline or multiplayer. I'm just a zombies guy.

I don't really care for CoD at all really. I like the single player tho. The multiplayer is just infuriating to be honest.

I have pre-ordered because I have all the others. I am a :dunce:.

I think I might give it a chance, but if this one fails, I'll probably convert over to Battlefield.
I like Black Ops 2, but Call of Duty in general is really getting stale for me.

You preordered it? There is absolutely no information on it lol. I mean come on, at least wait till SOME information is out.
If it helps, I can tell you that the game will be identical to previous installments in the series, with no new gameplay mechanics added to the single-player mode. The entire single-player campaign will be a glorified series of tutorials designed to acquaint you with the gameplay elements so that you can succeed in multiplayer. The multiplayer maps will have appear different visuallu to the maps in previous games, but will be designed along the same lines. People playing the game will take it far too seriously, taking too much pride in their skills and ruining the multiplayer element for casual gamers.

If it helps, I can tell you that the game will be identical to previous installments in the series, with no new gameplay mechanics added to the single-player mode. The entire single-player campaign will be a glorified series of tutorials designed to acquaint you with the gameplay elements so that you can succeed in multiplayer. The multiplayer maps will have appear different visuallu to the maps in previous games, but will be designed along the same lines. People playing the game will take it far too seriously, taking too much pride in their skills and ruining the multiplayer element for casual gamers.

All this I true.

But I still have it on pre-order. Lol.

About making the switch to Battlefield. I have Battlefield 3, and I can honestly say, they are like two completely separate games. Kinda like the difference between GT and Need For Speed, CoD being like NFS. Both games are good at what they do, they are just miles apart from each other IMO. I just don't have the time anymore t play battlefield, I have like an hour tops to play my PS3 nowadays, unless I'm on my day off, and an hour just doesn't feel long enough on Battlefield, but it's more than enough on CoD, because you are ripping your hair out after 10 minutes.

It's not CoD fault it's so infuriating, it's the community's. I play mostly FFA, and one good camper can ruin an entire round, so when you have 4 or 5 in a single lobby, and then you have entire nights all joined together by lobby's like that, your close to needing psychotherapy.

I have thrown my DS3 more times than I care to remember, just because of people camping.

Well, I was being facetious, so I was definately being a little unfair. To the developers' credit, they have at least tried to tell interesting stories in the past. The first Modern Warfare, and the two Black Ops games had a decent go at it; it was Modern Warfare 2 and Modern Warfare 3 that sucked.

The promotional material for Ghosts includes the tagline "We are all we've got", so I'd like to imagine that the player will be in command of a squad and that the game will feature permadeath - when one member of your team dies, it's final, and you have to press on through the rest of the game with a smaller team. It would make for a neat way to include tactical options into the story, like the Black Ops mission where you had to command the unit from the air.

Well, I was being facetious, so I was definately being a little unfair. To the developers' credit, they have at least tried to tell interesting stories in the past. The first Modern Warfare, and the two Black Ops games had a decent go at it; it was Modern Warfare 2 and Modern Warfare 3 that sucked.
This I completely agree with.
The promotional material for Ghosts includes the tagline "We are all we've got", so I'd like to imagine that the player will be in command of a squad and that the game will feature permadeath - when one member of your team dies, it's final, and you have to press on through the rest of the game with a smaller team. It would make for a neat way to include tactical options into the story, like the Black Ops mission where you had to command the unit from the air.
Sounds like a brilliant idea. I had a game for the PSX/PS2? That used the same idea, you had a squad and you commanded them, but I don't think it was permadeath. I can't even remember what game it was. It wasn't Tom Clancys.

The single player isn't anywhere near long enough for me, since multiplayer went massive Single player has been dying a slow and painful death. On all games. It's a shame.

In that case, I recommend you check out Bioshock Infinite. It's got a nice long story, interesting characters, compelling ideas, and it's bright - there are no murky corridors or grainy sepia tones, but bright cityscapes that are genuinely pleasing to look at (and deliberately so, because the story is dark, and the vibrant landscape goes a long way toward reinforcing the idea that something is seriously wrong). It's brutal and disturbing in places, but it's a challening game that you want to explore deeper and uncover the secrets within.

I wish they would have a HC FFA playlist.

I think they used to have it but as I recall it was one of (if not) the least played mode so it was removed.

I think all the maps look brilliant apart from maybe Cove depending on the size of it. Happy that Uplink is coming as Summit was my favourite Black Ops map but a bit disappointed it didn't keep the snowy terrain. Probably won't play much of the zombies as it's lost its appeal to me, I only played Mob of the Dead once and then got bored.

I think they used to have it but as I recall it was one of (if not) the least played mode so it was removed.

I think all the maps look brilliant apart from maybe Cove depending on the size of it. Happy that Uplink is coming as Summit was my favourite Black Ops map but a bit disappointed it didn't keep the snowy terrain. Probably won't play much of the zombies as it's lost its appeal to me, I only played Mob of the Dead once and then got bored.

Yeah, HC FFA used to be a playlist around early December time (2012) and it really was a fun mode, I don't know why people didn't like it.

Motd killed zombies off for me. The days of WAW/start of BO were good maps. Ascension was the limit of a map I could really get into. Maps like moon were just too big. The first BO2 DLC zombie map, can't even remember what it's called but I was playing that map for days just learning it. To then find out you can jump on the lift and found another couple square miles of stuff to learn.

I have no idea about MOTD layout. Ill download the map as soon as it comes out as I have the pass but unless it's great then I doubt I'll be in a rush to buy BO3 or whatever they want to call it. The smaller maps were good. Der reise or whatever that's called. The 4th on WAW is my favourite map. Not too small that you can only really do one method. Not so big that you play an 8 player game for 15 rounds and not see anyone after round 3.

^ I've never really been a serious zombies player but looking at some of the older maps through Youtube it appears they've gone downhill. I think there's just too much to do on the newer maps and too much travelling to set up for the next round. I enjoyed Die Rise quite a bit, between my friends there was an argument over several different areas to stay in and they all seemed to be fairly balanced so we used a different strategy most games. When Mob of the Dead came I was fairly excited only to find out on my first attempt that when I died I was put into the afterlife again and again.

Back