• Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
Australia
South Australia
GTP_Legendary724
Legendary724
MODERN WARFARE 2
image.php

So we have had trailer threads and gameplay footage but we havent had an official thread that i'm aware of.

So here it is :).

Anyway, I was just wondering who else has pre ordered this game? I just put another 60 dollars on it yesterday which puts me on 100 dollars for the preorder. Basically payed off. I was thinking just how many of us Call of Duty fans have actually bought it this early before release.

EDIT: I forgot that the title has been changed for the game back to Call of Duty: Modern warfare 2.

Here is the link regarding the name change.

http://kotaku.com/5311315/activision-renames-modern-warfare-2-again-slaps-call-of-duty-on-the-box

Last edited:
just came home and dont have time to look for a release date, when is it coming out..please :D?

I'm really looking forward to it though 👍

Chris

just came home and dont have time to look for a release date, when is it coming out..please :D?

I'm really looking forward to it though 👍

Chris

November 10th, 2009.

EDIT: Sorry, I thought it was the 11th.

Last edited:
I've pre-ordered my copy, more than anything for the on-line. Still play COD4 on a semi-regular basis (last night in fact) and its remains great fun, and given that I bought it when the game was released than makes for great value.

I just hope they put a bit of work into the lobby side of things this time around.

Regards

Scaff

I've pre-ordered my copy, more than anything for the on-line.

I just hope they put a bit of work into the lobby side of things this time around.

Regards

Scaff

I play 4 mainly for online and intend to play MW2 for mainly online aswell.

I just hope you can choose where the connection comes from, i'm tired of leaving games with 1 bar and having a loss added...

How much do they expect to get out of that Prestige Edition? Real night vision goggles aren't cheap.

I for one am not interesting in MW2. What?! I hear you cry, but the physics of the game appear the same yet again (that makes 3 times that we've been handling characters exactly the same), bar some miracle I'll only buy this on the cheap, I personally want something brand new and different, which is why I'm waiting on Operation Flashpoint 2 or ArmA 2, and of course MAG.

Dayummmmmm, that looks shweet. The prestige edition would be good but 186AUD is a bit on the steep side. I will more than likely buy that hardened edition though. If i'm right, the hardened edition comes with the 'token' to get call of duty on PC?

I personally want something brand new and different, which is why I'm waiting on Operation Flashpoint 2 or

OMG yes, Operation Flashpoint was such an amazing game! too bad i can't find it in any shops now a days. Do you perhaps have a possible release date on that?

Chris

OMG yes, Operation Flashpoint was such an amazing game! too bad i can't find it in any shops now a days. Do you perhaps have a possible release date on that?

Chris

Autumn 2009 according to the latest trailer. I intend so save some cash specifically for a pre-order or purchase of either OF2 or ArmA 2 dependant on reviews.

Edit: Just looked at that prestige edition video, what a rip off, honestly why would you want those things? Honestly I feel sorry for any of you blowing that kind of cash on something which will not raise the gaming experience at all. How long are you planning using those NVGs and looking at the artwork?

Last edited:
NVGs with the prestige edition? Nice! I'd love to get that just so I can say I've got them, I'd probably only use them once or twice. I might go for the Prestige Edition depending on the UK RRP as it's my birthday 2 weeks before it comes out so I'll have some spare money ready for it. :)

They're not propper NVGs per se, from what I can tell they feature the same innards as some toy NVGs.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/2008/09/hands-on-with-some-surprising-80-night-vision-goggles.ars

Not bad, but nothing like real NODs, not even gen1 stuff.

Hmmm, I wonder, would they take a hit from an airsoft gun?

I want to see a review of the specific NVG, so i can decide if it's hardened, or prestige version i'll be getting. Definitely not getting the "standard" one, because the artwork on the standard one is ugggggly. Also, I like how hardened/prestige doesn't say call of duty on it.

Almost cheaper to buy the NVG and the normal version separately. I am considering all versions since I will have time to read reviews. I wonder if hardened will recieve free map packs.

Nice find about the Prestige edition, and the pricing, too. Very helpful infos. ;)

I wasn't going to, but I might have to preorder now..... And Drag not playing this game is a definite "plus". Less he's on, less I die. I also vote G.T/James/11Skyline11 guy be banned from this game. j/k :lol:
Hmmm... NVGs... :lol: Ridiculous! But I'm Getting them! :lol:
By ridiculous, if you mean "OMG, I want to marry it!", I agree.

To be honest, I swore that I was done with these premium, collector's edition stuff, after the "Game of the Year" CoD4, and the "collector's edition" World at War. Game of the Year didn't come with the new maps that was advertised to be included. Collectors WaW was a joke. Dumb looking canteen(non-functional), useless advanced weapons that couldn't be used with custom classes, and it came with a tin case? Whoopee doo. That was a big waste of chunk of change.

Night vision goggle though, that's too awesome. I've always wanted to drive at night with my headlights off.

To be honest, I swore that I was done with these premium, collector's edition stuff, after the "Game of the Year" CoD4, and the "collector's edition" World at War. Game of the Year didn't come with the new maps that was advertised to be included.

Mine came with the maps...

Night vision goggle though, that's too awesome. I've always wanted to drive at night with my headlights off.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I just wanted to know the prce of the 'Hardened' edition because ill probably be getting that, if anyone knows that would be great.

Mine came with the maps...
From what I understand, they were only included in the earlier runs. Then they stopped. :confused: Activision at least replied my emails, but they said that only thing they added to the "Game of the Year Edition" was the latest Xbox Live updates. 👎
I just wanted to know the prce of the 'Hardened' edition because ill probably be getting that, if anyone knows that would be great.
In the U.S., it's advertised for $80 from amazon.com.

By ridiculous, if you mean "OMG, I want to marry it!", I agree.

yeah, that way and any other way you want to think of it! I've never seen that sort of stuff given away with a game before. 👍

Looking forward to getting the Hardened Edition for PS3. :D:D:D

I hope Infinity Ward gives us something back for playing their game(CoD4) so much... Maybe, a free map pack?

Maybe, a free map pack?

With the amount of cash they'd make from charging for it? I doubt they'll give out any free map packs, ever, simply because so many people will automatically buy anything CoD involved these days. I mean how many people would buy NVG goggles without COD being strapped with it?

With the amount of cash they'd make from charging for it? I doubt they'll give out any free map packs, ever, simply because so many people will automatically buy anything CoD involved these days. I mean how many people would buy NVG goggles without COD being strapped with it?

Just one map pack, or at least one free map would be cool. Some other games have done that, why not CoD? Kind of as a "Thank you" gift or whatever.

Just one map pack, or at least one free map would be cool. Some other games have done that, why not CoD? Kind of as a "Thank you" gift or whatever.

I don't think Activision would allow it, I mean Activision were the guys who basically say, we want a COD every year, I'm pretty sure thats not to please the fans and thank us, it's called business. Perhaps a free map could occur, but never a full pack I would think, I mean very few of the huge series give away alot of useful things free, MGO, GTAIV, previous CODs, Killzone 2, the list goes on.

They'll perhaps give us free cosmetic things, like Motorstorm gives a few free liveries every so often, LBP gives a few free costumes. The only recent free gift from a large ish series was Midnight Club LA, they gave us a new area 1/3 the size of the normal map for free. Naturally there's a catch, and the extra cars and career play you had to pay for, so the extra map couldn't even be used except to drive through. I wish more devs would give some free stuff out, but alas as games become more mainstream, they lose touch with their core fans and try to please the masses and the masses will lap up DLC for COD almost regardless of price.

This morning, I thought for sure that I was going to order the "Prestige Edition".

Then I realized that I might have to get this game for both PS3 & Xbox. $120 vs $210........

Then again, I still wanna drive at night with my headlights off....... :drool: j/k

I have pretty much decided on the Hardened edition, seeing as the case looks wayyyyy better, and it comes with the book, and the original COD game download.

EDIT: Anyone notice the way he just shrugged off the regular edition of the game? "here you have the game, go play it, XBOX Live, real fun. I lol'd

Last edited:
Back