Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

• Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
Well until it comes out we really don't know what the deal with that is. It could be it takes a perk up or it could be like uav to where you have to get a 3 kill streak etc. So until i know for sure im just trying to not think about the game because its taking forever to get to the release date!

It will probably take the 1st perk like Nad launchers would.
Problem with this Heartbeat Sensor is...

- Hardcore Team Deathmatch
- Hardcore/Core Search and Destroy

and exactly how do you hide your heartbeat? (besides killing yourself ^^)
and Im sure Jam (UAV Jam) wont help lol

Oh Noes we cant run away!!! :indiff:

Thats looks awesome!

So glad to see many different height levels being used in Multiplayer maps now. That was the only think that put down COD4 multiplayer for me, but the Map Pack did help that abit.

It will probably take the 1st perk like Nad launchers would.
Problem with this Heartbeat Sensor is...

- Hardcore Team Deathmatch
- Hardcore/Core Search and Destroy

and exactly how do you hide your heartbeat? (besides killing yourself ^^)
and Im sure Jam (UAV Jam) wont help lol

Oh Noes we cant run away!!! :indiff:

Well I am sure they thought about all of this to the fullest so I am confident that whatever they did it will be right. Maybe you can't equip that gun or perk etc. in game modes like HC. There is just no way to tell until you get all the details or the game in your hands to see.

Check out the video on the last page, you will see the screen on the side of the gun for a bit, thats the heartbeat sensor screen. Basically its uav.

Ugh, this is taking so long to come out...ahhh man. Cant wait for the next trailer.

Yeah, i was pretty chill until i seen that multiplayer footage i posted! Now its just like ugh, its so far away. I was even shocked at the graphics, they look pretty good also:tup:

I imagine the heartbeat sensor will, as suggested, take the place of Perk 1 like the grenade launcher did in MW.

I do hope guns are evened out in damage like CoD4 did unlike Cod5 with is alwayhe MP40...

I cant wait for Pistol challenges and attachments, pistol whipping is always fun 👍

Check out the video on the last page, you will see the screen on the side of the gun for a bit, thats the heartbeat sensor screen. Basically its uav.

Okay, I was wondering if that's what you meant. How do those work? :lol:

Yeah, i was pretty chill until i seen that multiplayer footage i posted! Now its just like ugh, its so far away. I was even shocked at the graphics, they look pretty good also:tup:

I was definitely impressed by the visuals :).

Okay, I was wondering if that's what you meant. How do those work? :lol:

Some how they pick up heartbeats. The screen shows blips, I presume the blips flash on and off for each beat or every couple of beats. In the first footage at E3 we saw proper usage of the HB sensor.

So, how many of you guys will pay the "incredible" price fixed for MW 2 ?
I was thinking on buy it, but the price that Activison put on it... if it sell well (probably it will) others games companys may want to put higher prices for their games (some of they like MS for Foza 3 allready did it).

Whats this you speak of? I have decided to sell some stuff now and I will be getting prestige edition!!!!! Whooop for long time to get money.

I was thinking on buy it, but the price that Activison put on it... if it sell well (probably it will) others games companys may want to put higher prices for their games (some of they like MS for Foza 3 allready did it).

Other games have done higher-priced special editions. Usually it's BS. I'll be getting the base price game. Unless the Hardened Edition has some kind of in-game benefit. Prestige is a bit ridiculous though.

Whats this you speak of? I have decided to sell some stuff now and I will be getting prestige edition!!!!! Whooop for long time to get money.

Enjoy your Sam Fisher toy.

See, I was just wondering how a heartbeat sensor would work anyway, like how it would actually be picking up the beats.

So in this case its "it works because its a game and they want it to." :lol:

Would be kind of cool if the heart rate changed whenever somebody is sniping or after they've just sprinted.

Yeah, i guess it'd be theoretically possible, but the fact they show it like some kind of radar (sonar)... It just can't work o.o

Enjoy your Sam Fisher toy.

I dont really care much if its is utterly rubbish, I can go around and say I actually have it and keep it as a collectors item or something. I already have payed the 130AUD to get hardened, now I have a few more months to get 70 more dollars. That shouldnt be hard considering I have a bit of stuff to sell.

Other games have done higher-priced special editions. Usually it's BS. I'll be getting the base price game. Unless the Hardened Edition has some kind of in-game benefit. Prestige is a bit ridiculous though.

I think he was talking about how Activision told retailers in EU to sell the normal edition for about 64 euros.. That's about $90 US dollars, but I don't think this price hike will come to NA.

I dont really care much if its is utterly rubbish, I can go around and say I actually have it and keep it as a collectors item or something. I already have payed the 130AUD to get hardened, now I have a few more months to get 70 more dollars. That shouldnt be hard considering I have a bit of stuff to sell.

Part of me keeps saying, get that prestige addition but then the other part keeps pulling me back to reality saying there is no possible way that a set of NV goggles that come with a game will work worth a hell so don't do it. Even if you keep them fr a "collectors item" don't expect to be able to sell them later for any sort of cash really. So before you are sitting there waiting on the game all mad aleck consider that you won't be able to sell them for squat. Now if you want them for a personal collection to where you could care less about selling them then go for it:tup: Because a real collector doesn't collect things in order to sell.

Yeah, you'd be a sucker to buy the Prestige Edition for sure. But a sucker with a night vision goggle. :sly:

As I've written before, after getting ..........................ripped off by Activision on the World at War Collector's Edition, I promised myself that I'd never buy another special edition games. But night vision is something I've been interested in for like couple of decades. Probably longer. And if I don't get the goggle with this game, I know I'm never going out of my way to actually buy one on its own.

I still don't know if I'll do it or not. :dopey:

They're not NV goggles, they're NV toys. You can probably buy the same kind of technology for cheaper.

When I first heard about the Prestige Edition, I did a quick google search, and I didn't really see any better deals. And those that were competitively priced to this Prestige one, they looked ridiculous. At least the Prestige one pretends to be a military one, even if just on looks. :D

Now if you want them for a personal collection to where you could care less about selling them then go for it:tup: Because a real collector doesn't collect things in order to sell.

Thats more what I meant.

Here's a list of what has been confirmed ( mostly ) for MW:2

Assault Rifles
AK-47
ACR
FAMAS
F2000
G3
M4
M16 (or some other AR-15 variant with a solid stock)
AUG HBAR
L85A2 (highly probable, shown incorrectly as pick up image for AUG)
TAR-21
SCAR-H (definite, seen in a kill log(on the left) at 0:51 in the new MP video)
FAL (definite, seen as a pick up option in the new multiplayer video)

Sub Machine Guns
UMP
MP5k RIS
TDI Vector
P90

Light Machine Guns
M249 SAW (Possibly M240B)
M60 (seen in flashback to CoD4 during trailer, highly probable)
MG4 (highly probable, seen in art book)
RPD (definite)
M240 (definite, seen briefly as a pick up icon in Multiplayer video)

Shotguns
Striker
M1014 (highly probable, incorrectly shown as pick-up icon for SPAS-12)
Remington 870
SPAS-12
Winchester 1887
AA12 (confirmed in Muliplayer video)

Sniper Rifles
Dragunov
Mark 14 Mod 0 Enhanced Battle Rifle
WA2000

Pistols
Desert Eagle
Glock 18c
M1911
USP .45
M9

Grenades
Frag Grenade
Semtex (confirmed in Multiplayer video)
Flashbang

Rocket Launchers
RPG-7
AT-4 (confirmed in Multiplayer Video)

Miscellaneous
Knife
Riot Shield
Ice Picks
C4
Minigun

Attachments
Red Dot Sight
EOTech Holographic Weapon Sight
ACOG Scope
Thermal Scope
AUG Scope
Sniper Scope
Suppressor
Grenade Launcher
Laser and/or Flashlight
Heartbeat Sensor

Im just in hopes of being able to put a silencer on my sniper rifle this time around!

Back