Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

• Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
Apparently this morning when I was at school, EBgames rang up home and told my mum that the price of the Prestige edition over here is 199AUD....

Nooooo thanks, I'm going to go and see the price of the Hardened edition this afternoon.

I for one am not interesting in MW2. What?! I hear you cry, but the physics of the game appear the same yet again (that makes 3 times that we've been handling characters exactly the same), bar some miracle I'll only buy this on the cheap, I personally want something brand new and different, which is why I'm waiting on Operation Flashpoint 2 or ArmA 2, and of course MAG.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Now, the only thing I would like to see, is the destructibility seen in Battlefield: Bad Company.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Now, the only thing I would like to see, is the destructibility seen in Battlefield: Bad Company.

Ok well you hop off to get an original PSOne because they worked just fine so you wouldn't want a PS3 would you, right?

All I want is a bit more realism, less being able to jump around like a weightless doll, move around like a ninja and so on. Not a super sim, that would alienate all of CODs casual gamer crowd, just a bit of weight would be nice. There's a reason why many people didn't move from COD4 to COD WaW, because COD4 wasn't broke and WaW didn't make any major improvement worth having.

I think he meant definately.

Anyway here are the prices if any of you didnt know. (Note these are in the AUD)

Normal Edition: $119.99
Hardened Edition: $129.99
Prestige Edition: $199.99

I'm paying out the Hardened edition today after school, yay.

I think he meant definately.

Anyway here are the prices if any of you didnt know. (Note these are in the AUD)

Normal Edition: $119.99
Hardened Edition: $129.99
Prestige Edition: $199.99

I'm paying out the Hardened edition today after school, yay.

Wow, I feel sorry for you guys. Here in Canada we pay a bit more than Americans for games, usually a 5-10$ difference. But you guys are paying double! :crazy:

Dont worry Tsukuba, When I converted the price for the US prestige from 150 USD I got 186AUD, so we should be paying around 185-190 AUD instead of 200 and you should be paying less than $98. I just hate how much they charge for stuff here, I mean, $700 for the console...bit much really. I could never afford 200 for a game tbh.

NEWS!!!!!

Infinity Ward have began filming multiplayer sections of the game and I have found a leaked image of the menu!

Links here:

Multiplayer

Menu Screenshot
modern-warfare-2-menu-screen.png

The screen shot looks alot like the old one though.

Well, apart from the background it's the same. But that's all it needs to be. Even WaW was very similar just with a different background, they don't need to change something that works so well as it is.

It's good that people seem to be saying it's even better than MW1, I'm still playing it like the day I bought it, it never stops being fun!

Yeah custom skins would be mad, being able to do stuff like on Midnight Club for exabple.

@Fuj: Although I really want a PS3 BETA and soon, I doubt we will get one...

Yeah custom skins would be mad, being able to do stuff like on Midnight Club for exabple.

@Fuj: Although I really want a PS3 BETA and soon, I doubt we will get one...

Yea I know, I thought there was a CoD5 beta when the game game out, but it was for xbox...

Its nearly August and barely any Multiplayer Info has been announced...

I think Im buying the Hardened Version, Prestige is useless and pricey.

@Legend add ShiroJordan93, or i'll add you later when my PS3 comes back from the fixing place lol, CoD4 sometime:tup:
Everytime I look on my GTP account I see you on GTA lol like every ;P

Ill add you because my friends list is full...Im on GTA because Turbo Lag recently got it.

I'm also getting the hardened edition, Its already payed off.

Custom skins on the guns would look great, instead of seeing the usual colours and camo's
I don't care so much on gun customization, but I would love to be able to choose the uniform. Custom character design, if you will.

I realize that this will not happen for a long time, but I used to hate playing on the Opfor, with their stupid red berets. On a map like Back Lot, while Marine's uni blend in nicely with the background, Opfor red beret, at least for me, stood out like an red bulls eye.

I will admit that it was pretty funny when I passed by my caucasian friend, and he was black. :lol:

I really, really do not want this game to be a CoD4 with little improvements(like WaW, if you can call those "improvements). I really hope they change that menu screen.

The menu screen means nothing, a new option as you can see (Leaderboards) and the new background image is fine for me. You spend up to 1 minute on that menu so really I dont car. As for the lobby menu, alot of time is spent on that and I would like some different pictures every time I load it up, I wont die without it but it would be a nice touch just having some variety.

I notice that aswell, I load the page and every time there is a new set of comments to lol at.

Good god, you can control the heli/plane kills yourself, and you can finally lock onto them to shoot them down! Choosing your own rewards for streaks sounds good too.

Now, taking control of the planes and choppers is going to be so good because sometimes in a match i don't like a blokes name or whatever the reason i think he sucks and i gun for him. This way i can kill him with my character and with my strikes! Win, win!

That does look intense, so much for the fear of this being a glorified map pack.

Those guns seem way too powerful though, hmm.

Im not sure If Im happy or sad about the heartbeat sensor online...

Well until it comes out we really don't know what the deal with that is. It could be it takes a perk up or it could be like uav to where you have to get a 3 kill streak etc. So until i know for sure im just trying to not think about the game because its taking forever to get to the release date!

Back