Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,367 views
Sheesh, slow down Cody :lol:

James: I like to think of it as getting our revenge on all the campers and noobtubers that are out there in the world :D
 
Sheesh, slow down Cody :lol:

James: I like to think of it as getting our revenge on all the campers and noobtubers that are out there in the world :D

IMG_1234.jpg


Got bored... Figured I'd take a picture of the pretty. I have some of my epic game wins around on the camera too.

As for Campers - I will very much make it my mission to punish that sodding idiot sitting in a room in a corner. Thus, my grenade launcher, Semtex, RPG induced death class. And it works, epically. I've played camping clans/teams, and after the 3rd or 4th time I bust up their club house, they change to more rush happy classes.
 
:eek: I am in awe. I'm a very average player, I would dearly love to know how you managed that - although I'm pretty sure I'm right in assuming part of it is down to your TV and speaker/headphone setup. :lol: I play on a rather rubbish 25" TV (making it tricky to spot people) and don't have any insanely badass headphones or anything (making it tricky to hear people) :\
 
I am seriously developing a hate for this game. I am freaking over it, its so crap. I just played several TDMs, I am amazed, this game has turned into turd. A whole bunch of stuff mixed together in a slushy mix. I just got killed in the game winning kill cam. I was killed TEN TIMES IN A ROW by the WHOLE other team using AA-12s. I went into final stand for the winning kill and this guy hip fired, TWO METRES ABOVE my head and killed me, ridiculous. I am trying S and D cause there is really none of that rubbish. If we didnt have death streaks in 4, why the HELL do we need them now.

Sorry for my rant but I am almost completely over this, Gta episodes, come out already.
 
I just noticed the 300 multi-kills title for the Thumper. o_O
 
Danger Close + spawn killing is your friend there James ;) Or play a lot of Domination. :p
 
It is a bit of just playing a lot and the setup...

If you are curious...

42 inch 1080p Vizio, hooked to the PS3 via HDMI.
650 Watt RCA 5.1 system connected via optical to the TV, adjusted to give fair balance

No fancy controller or anything, just a Dual Shock 3 on sensitivity 3, everything else is default.

As for my fixation on Mastery, that is a tad to blame on the OCD. The pleasant side effect is I can use any Primary Weapon in the game effectively, and most secondaries (Minus the G18, and some of the Shotguns), and means I don't have much problem playing after a Prestige. Only things I miss are my Stinger and being able to slap Cold Blooded on a few classes.

In fact, I went 26 and 4 when I was level 1 this Prestige (well, level 4 when I finished) using the Grenadier class. Honestly, that setup, the FAMAS with Launcher, SCAV Pro, Stopping Power, and Commando, is probably one of the best setups you can have in the game. My only complaint on it is the Silenced Spas-12 - wish it was not Silenced or a handgun instead, but I swapped it out for a WA2000 someone kindly dropped for me (we were playing Derail, was quite handy to have). Next game, I picked up a Silenced SCAR-H that had several clips (guy had SCAV Pro before I relieved him of it) and proceeded to kill his entire team with it - Twice.

The play style I often use is a mix of flanking and rushing, combined with consistent use of cover and letting the enemy come to me (SitRep Pro helps tremendously in this), which leads to me being called a camper from time to time. Going prone when in a fire fight can save your life as well (I've considered the Tactical layout a few times for the controls, but muscle memory is too formed now)

But it really just comes down to finding a play style that works for you. I always preach that patience will help your KD out the most though.
 
Oh for gods sakes, S and D is letting me down. The whole other team is now rushing with silenced UMP's, I can not believe this, cod4 was never like this.

You know the saying, if you have found a good thing dont change it (much), they changed it way too much *sigh*. Some things just werent necessary.
 
I am seriously developing a hate for this game. I am freaking over it, its so crap. I just played several TDMs, I am amazed, this game has turned into turd. A whole bunch of stuff mixed together in a slushy mix. I just got killed in the game winning kill cam. I was killed TEN TIMES IN A ROW by the WHOLE other team using AA-12s. I went into final stand for the winning kill and this guy hip fired, TWO METRES ABOVE my head and killed me, ridiculous. I am trying S and D cause there is really none of that rubbish. If we didnt have death streaks in 4, why the HELL do we need them now.

Sorry for my rant but I am almost completely over this, Gta episodes, come out already.


I had my fill of MW2 last week after a long run of particularly frustrating games. Decided to head back to CoD4 and work through another prestige.

Enjoying the change. Folks still playing it are playing a pretty balanced game too. No running-around-like-headless-chickens with Akimbo, no camping, or not much, no glitching, no massive amounts of air support, etc, etc.

On the minus side, i'm missing some of the perks, the host migration and the ability to mute players in the lobby and having to mute them each and every game. If i mute someone because they're playing crappy chart R&B (why is it always R&B???) or using a poor mic with bad interference or are just plain annoying then i don't want to sit through that in the lobby either.

Flitting between the two games it's quite amazing how much better the MW2 graphics are over CoD4, even in SD.
 
I'm now of the opinion that they should take away the headset from MW2. I just can't stand all the whining, the name calling, etc. 99% of them are just nerds who couldn't start to standing up for themselves, if this was all done in person. I've played plenty of playground (basket)ball, and if we acted like these whiny nerds during games, there would be cops every freaking day. I just can't stand people who has to use the mic, or has to remain faceless to act like a man. I know most guys don't behave that badly, but there are enough bad apples to make the lobby nearly unbearable at times!

I also hate the whining about tools given in games. Noob-tubes, claymores, RPGs, etc., etc. It's in the game, stop crying about it in the lobby. If you think it's such huge advantage, stop crying about it, use it.

I'm not talking about G.T(James) with the UMP, or us with the commando, etc. This is our discussion board. If we have something to bring up, rant, etc., then we should. Sorry for my rant. :lol:

P.S. As predicted, my k/d dippped again to 1.98. I don't know who I'm from.

Oh, I wish I could do that. If I fail the second time, I still go back for more. :lol:

One Man Army is the perk 1.


I know what your talking about. I can't tell you how many messages I have got from nerds complaining about me "camping" just because I have a nice turtle beach headset and when I hear them rounding a corner I stop and back up and then when they come around I ice them:tup: And then they send a voice message which I wouldn't do if I were them because they sound like the fast food worker from the Simpsons, you know, like a girl but with the pre-pube crackle. I really wish some of these people would do this in real life cause I'm not one to be shy about crushing in an eye socket, my arrest record and 2 years of probation I'm currently one show that:lol: I grew up in the bricks and there its either fight or be punked the rest of your life. For some reason people nowadays just think they can talk ****e and get away with it, you never know the guy your flipping off in traffic could have some serious issues and a pistol and that could be the last person you flip off so think about that people. I have a slight problem with "road rage" when people do stupid things to cause me to almost wreck, especially if my kids are in the car. I remember one time out of all the people that try to motion you to pull over, only one person actually has pulled over when I did instead of waiting for me to pull over and get out only to speed off. It didn't go so well for him, I had a good mate with me and he is bigger than I am and I'm 5'11 at 290lbs (just a beer gut, the rest is good ol' country musclesssss). Both of those guys ended up a tad bloody and my mate kicked the drivers fender on this guys riced out civic and completely crushed it in, this guy is about 300lbs and around 6'4 and pure muscle, total meat head. Was a pretty funny deal that day because those guys were talking so much crap and when we both got out the car they were scrambling to get back in there's after they seen us, they didn't make:sly:


EDIT: Ok, this was just too funny not to share it :)
 
Last edited:
i dont feel so bad about my skills after that video. i just hate that my internet makes me look it though when i know im shooting but kill cam show i never fired a round.
 
All the little annoyances with COD have kept me from going back thanks to the Bad Company 2 demo. Everything just works on that demo as well as me preferring the style full stop. It's difficult to get a full match without something becoming annoying at some point and the fun factor for me is just zero unless I'm with a few buddies. I might play a little in the gap between the BC2 demo ending and actually buying it.

It's always been a problem for me with COD, there's always something which is just there to cause distaste when you're on the receiving end and MW2 is no exception and possibly amplifies the difference between good and bad players more then any other shooter on the market with the streak rewards.
 
Hahaha, all of them shooting that Pavelow was pretty funny.
 
breakpoint: That must be the stupidest team I have ever seen in cod history :lol:
 
I wish I could get in a lobby like that, my K/D would go through the roof! I bet thats how you feel in every game though isn't it James.....lol
 
scrambler pro is useful at times and scrambler doesn't let the enemy know which way you're coming from just that you're nearby. I don't use it much at all anymore now that I have ninja pro but I used to use it a lot.

Whenever I see my radar get jammed becaue of someone nearby, I become more vigilant and look around corners and wherever to find them and kill them. It's a useless perk, i've never used it.
 
Scrambler Pro can be quite useful in FFA as it delays claymore a fair bit. :)
 

Seen it already. I did that to a guy on saturday. He was lying down on the edge of the map controlling his chopper gunner, about to get a nuke, and I sent him that message, he turned around and I did it. He then sent me a very violent message calling me a 🤬 faggot and whining about his silly would-be nuke(which, later on, he got anyway) and wanted a 1v1 in a private match. Since our connections were bad, the game wasn't fair for the other, no matter which one of us hosted. Eventually, I sent a message requesting that we bury the hatchet. He agreed.
 
Pro is excellent, has saved my ass many times and prevents the camper turning around from the explosion.
 
G.T
Hahaha, all of them shooting that Pavelow was pretty funny.
I'm amazed how many people were focused on shooting the Pavelow even when he was barely ten feet away! :dunce:

Although he earns a fail for calling in his Pavelows at the same time as his Harriers... if he waited for his Harriers to expire before calling in the Pavelow I reckon he would've easily gone past 65 kills... maybe even 70 (which would be one hell of a feat!).
 
I just got out of a few games where I was in a lobby with people like in the video I posted! I could only play two games because I have to go visit my sister in the hospital but I would have stayed in there as long as I could. The two games I was 23-3 and the second I went 27-1....haha. When my chopper gunner went up they were shooting at it like those other noobs were. Some had cold blooded pro so no red box but once they started shooting at me I could easily see them then, thanks for letting me know where you are....haha.
 
what I hate is when people clump around me when I am using cb pro. They never seem to understand what GTFO means.
 
*Its Beautiful*

The Mini-Uzi took ages to get. And the Vector I did the FMJ with Thermal (yes, Thermal on an SMG... worked oddly) and the Intervention just because I could not spam it through walls in Hardcore as much.

Whenever I see my radar get jammed becaue of someone nearby, I become more vigilant and look around corners and wherever to find them and kill them. It's a useless perk, i've never used it.

But see, you go looking for them. I had a class setup that used Scrambler with a Heartbeat Sensor. With Claymores. And scavenger. And then I'd just pick a part of the map to make mine (middle building in Favela is perfect), Claymore it, and just wait for someone to come looking for the "Noob" using Scrambler. Needless to say, it was rather effective.

I'm amazed how many people were focused on shooting the Pavelow even when he was barely ten feet away! :dunce:

Although he earns a fail for calling in his Pavelows at the same time as his Harriers... if he waited for his Harriers to expire before calling in the Pavelow I reckon he would've easily gone past 65 kills... maybe even 70 (which would be one hell of a feat!).

Not really. The Pave Low and Harriers will rarely target the same players, and the double aerial fire reduces the chances of a non-CB user from getting a lock on before dying. Now if I am playing a team that is proficient at taking out air support, I'll wait. I've had some guy with a Javelin drop both my Harrier and Pave Low with one shot :yuck:
 
[why Az thinks Scrambler is good]
But you see, not everyone goes Scrambler-hunting when their map goes static. I sure as hell don't - Scrambler tells me someone is nearby so I'll have to be extra vigilant when moving around. It's easy to evade if your map is only half-static, because if you move in one direction your map will fade out even more, but if you move in the opposite direction the map will come back - which pretty much tells you where the guy is.
 
But you see, not everyone goes Scrambler-hunting when their map goes static. I sure as hell don't - Scrambler tells me someone is nearby so I'll have to be extra vigilant when moving around. It's easy to evade if your map is only half-static, because if you move in one direction your map will fade out even more, but if you move in the opposite direction the map will come back - which pretty much tells you where the guy is.

That is why you put yourself in a busy-ish spot, like the middle of Favela, as people will have to deal with you. And it isn't like you just sit in a corner waiting; I'll go up to windows and drop people from there, etc. I wouldn't use the setup if I didn't score well with it.

It is also a handy perk of you rush. Why? In a Domination game, if you have someone with Scrambler around constantly, it will drive you crazy. You won't be able to use the Radar effectively, you won't be able to place Harriers, etc effectively, and it will just stress the other team out.
 
I have never had a problem with someone using scrambler, finding them or staying away from them. Its really not that effective at anything, well at least not against good players that know the maps and would see it and decide where the person would be camping because of where they would if it was them.
 
It doesn't affect me any, until they get by my frigging claymores! :( And like I've mentioned bunch of times in the past, when my radar starts to fade, I know I got somebody nearby.
. I went into final stand for the winning kill and this guy hip fired, TWO METRES ABOVE my head and killed me, ridiculous.
I was crying about how I fire few shots, and in the replay, I just barely got one shot off? Last night, and I had never seen this before, I blast this guy with that M1012 or whatever semi-auto shotgun? In the replay, I didn't even get a shot off. :lol:

:lol:👍
I know what your talking about. I can't tell you how many messages I have got from nerds complaining about me "camping" just because I have a nice turtle beach headset and when I hear them rounding a corner I stop and back up and then when they come around I ice them:tup: And then they send a voice message which I wouldn't do if I were them because they sound like the fast food worker from the Simpsons, you know, like a girl but with the pre-pube crackle. I really wish some of these people would do this in real life cause I'm not one to be shy about crushing in an eye socket, my arrest record and 2 years of probation I'm currently one show that:lol: I grew up in the bricks and there its either fight or be punked the rest of your life. For some reason people nowadays just think they can talk ****e and get away with it, you never know the guy your flipping off in traffic could have some serious issues and a pistol and that could be the last person you flip off so think about that people. I have a slight problem with "road rage" when people do stupid things to cause me to almost wreck, especially if my kids are in the car. I remember one time out of all the people that try to motion you to pull over, only one person actually has pulled over when I did instead of waiting for me to pull over and get out only to speed off. It didn't go so well for him, I had a good mate with me and he is bigger than I am and I'm 5'11 at 290lbs (just a beer gut, the rest is good ol' country musclesssss). Both of those guys ended up a tad bloody and my mate kicked the drivers fender on this guys riced out civic and completely crushed it in, this guy is about 300lbs and around 6'4 and pure muscle, total meat head. Was a pretty funny deal that day because those guys were talking so much crap and when we both got out the car they were scrambling to get back in there's after they seen us, they didn't make:sly:
Had no idea how big you were. They didn't make it, huh? :lol: Anyway, exactly, these nerds who starts swearing, (virtually)get in your face, I'd really loved to see them suffer the physical consequence for their rude behavior. I'm sorry, but it's out of control, and it's only right.
[empty space];3765768
i dont feel so bad about my skills after that video. i just hate that my internet makes me look it though when i know im shooting but kill cam show i never fired a round.
Hey, do you play TDMs? I'm on Xbox, too.
G.T
Hahaha, all of them shooting that Pavelow was pretty funny.
One of the best games I had on CoD4 was like that. Second half of the game, the entire team is firing up towards the chopper, and I'm just taking them out. It's a sight I will never forget. :lol:
what I hate is when people clump around me when I am using cb pro. They never seem to understand what GTFO means.
Believe it or not, it used to be even worse. Lately, I've actually had good luck with everybody running in separate directions.
 
Back