Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

• Thread starter Famine
  • 187 comments
Is this game any good? I like cod and the campaign looks brilliant but I heard you die really quickly and that the maps are poor. Is that patched yet?

How many maps are there as well? Any good locations

Is this game any good?
For me its easily the best CoD since MW2.

I like cod and the campaign looks brilliant but I heard you die really quickly and that the maps are poor. Is that patched yet?
The Time to Kill is indeed short, but not stupidly so and personally I think the maps are excellent. They have added a good degree of verticality to the maps (which for me is good), the ability to open and close doors (either slowly or to barge through them) which has added a degree of tactics to clearing buildings, but I find these to be good additions.

What has been patched has been spawn locations and things like Domination flag locations, as some of these certainly needed work, however, I find that across the three main 'modes', Gunfight (small maps 2vs2, first to 6 wins, quick matches (less than a minute), Core (the normal mix of TDM, etc) and Ground War (large scale matches on massive maps, with a large amount of verticality) that are closer to the BF norm than the CoD norm.

As such I find that across these three types and the various match types you have combinations that suit everyone from the run and gun to the more tactical.

How many maps are there as well? Any good locations
I think its around 22 maps at present across the three main gameplay types (Gunfight, Cor and Ground War), personally I've not found a map I really don't like, but I do personally have a soft spot for Euphrates Bridge and Grazna Raid, but that may be because they are ideal for my EBR-14 and MP5 combo.

I was still on the toilet so didn't feel like typing out a full response lol

The maps have way too many spots where you think you're safe and covered but there's always an angle from somewhere. Normally that's fine but it's to an extreme. Battlefield 4 for a modern comparison has large areas as well but the building designs make more sense for game flow. It's hard to describe but it's better in BF4. In COD I always have that moment of feeling safe only to be killed by someone camping a corner angle.

People didn't want three lane maps again and now people want three lane maps back. same *cough*

The main thing I really want changed is the skill based matchmaking taken away or at least a little less aggressive. I'm all for a ranked mode based on skill but for public matches it just gets annoying when nearly every match feels like a championship match.

Double post but has anyone been having connection issues lately? There was a news article the other day saying the servers were down but I haven’t been able to get on for the past two days. I can access my Activision account but I can’t seem to connect to matchmaking.

I am slowly gaining Ranks and I am somewhere in the 30s now. I have been focusing on using just a few weapons: M4A1, MP5, FAL, and PKM. Using just a few weapons and learning some parts of the maps has helped my performance quite a bit.

I am slowly gaining Ranks and I am somewhere in the 30s now. I have been focusing on using just a few weapons: M4A1, MP5, FAL, and PKM. Using just a few weapons and learning some parts of the maps has helped my performance quite a bit.

I've been using just the FAL, I am at like level 22 I think. I just need to unlock Ghost and Cold Blooded, then I can play in non HC modes again. Great fun.

Jerome

I've been using just the FAL, I am at like level 22 I think. I just need to unlock Ghost and Cold Blooded, then I can play in non HC modes again. Great fun.

Jerome

Not having Ghost until Rank 20 something is not fun. When the opposing team puts up Personal Radars or UAVs much of the game, it makes it tough to do anything, even when keeping your head on a swivel. I have only had Cold Blooded for a bit, but do not find it as important as Ghost.

After the buff(s) from a week or two ago, the FAL is pretty awesome. I have messed around with a macro so I do not have to spam the mouse key as much when using the FAL. It has been a weird experiment because the macro is on one of my side keys; maintaining aim and pressing a side button is not a natural movement with a mouse.

I hope the HK G3 makes it into the game with an update

That would be a good addition. The reload time would be rough. The long reload is one of the reasons I am thinking of switching to the AUG as my SMG of choice, instead of the MP5.

I've since gone back to Battlefield 4 and it's just as fun as always. Conquest is alive and healthy in 2019. There are plenty of servers with normal settings on all Vanilla maps. I even found someone that runs an All DLC Maps server 24/7 when I wanna check those out. Back in the day I bought all of the weapon shortcut kits but it only unlocked the guns and not the attachments for them. So I've been playing finding guns I want to use and grinding some Operation Locker 24/7 servers to get all the necessary attachments. I'm a stealth god, dropping spawn beacons in sneaky places, throwing recon balls before advancing, and of course a silenced carbine. ACE 23 because it holds an extra 5 bullets, 770 RPM is plenty fast but slow enough for medium range sustained fire. If I'm running up close most of the match I'll switch to the SG553 or ACW-R. Higher rate of fire for when I turn a corner and see three enemies I have a better chance of killing all of them.

Waiting for a battle royale mode before going back to this game, I don't get much enjoyment out of the traditional game modes in fps games these days. BO4 BR was okay but there was something off putting about it.

Times like this is when I really wish first person perspective wasn't dead in Pubg on consoles.

Last edited:
Waiting for a battle royale mode before going back to this game, I don't get much enjoyment out of the traditional game modes in fps games these days. BO4 BR was okay but there was something off putting about it, times like this is when I really wish FPP wasn't dead in Pubg.
Do you play Apex Legends?

Do you play Apex Legends?
Yeah I wasn't crazy about it. I prefer shooters with a modern/realistic setting and weapons anyway. So BF4, MW and pubg are right up my alley. Games like Apex legends and fornite, not so much. Especially Fortnite.

I'm probably a little too picky but that's just what I like. :lol:

I consider Apex to be realistic compared to Fortnite, but that's also due to the color palette and no weird-sci-fi weapons. All of the energy ammo weapons are still conventional weapon types like assault rifles or sniper rifles.

I still play BF4 but it's just vanilla map servers over and over again. I've looked at PUBG but the UI is confusing for me and I don't wanna waste $40 on it to see if I'll like it or not.

I love pubg, but you can only really play on third person perspective on consoles since the fpp servers are pretty much dead. They both require different styles of gameplay but I prefer fpp a lot more than tpp. It just feels much more tense and immersive, in tpp 99% of people are lying prone in cover but can still have a 360 view of their surroundings just by moving the camera around, really scrubby gameplay.

Whoa, FPS is its own server? That's how they "balanced" that? I too prefer FPP because it's not cheating. Third person you look around the corner with the camera and that's really annoying. No thanks. Never getting PUBG then

Whoa, FPS is its own server? That's how they "balanced" that? I too prefer FPP because it's not cheating. Third person you look around the corner with the camera and that's really annoying. No thanks. Never getting PUBG then

Yes they are separate but you can still play in fpp in the tpp servers, but then you are at a massive disadvantage. Don't bother buying it on console unless you enjoy people watching you without actually getting out of cover themselves. It's super lame. :rolleyes:

Yes they are separate but you can still play in fpp in the tpp servers, but then you are at a massive disadvantage. Don't bother buying it on console unless you enjoy people watching you without actually getting out of cover themselves. It's super lame. :rolleyes:
Yea no thanks. Apex Legends then is the best close-to-realistic FPS battle royale on console. COD might be adding one to the new MW eventually but there's no news of it. All we know is that they want to make a BR mode and it will be free when it comes out.

If anyone is a part of a hardcore clan or plays hardcore regularly, feel free to add me on PSN @ pie4july. Ideally I'm looking for someone with a mic!

I almost exclusively play hardcore. I usually limit myself to TDM, domination, headquarters and kill confirmed. Will sometimes play other hardcore modes.

I haven't experimented with other aspects of multiplayer such as Ground War, but would be willing to do so with another person.

I passed level 55 a few days ago and currently my K/D ratio is 1.05 and climbing!

People didn't want three lane maps again and now people want three lane maps back. same *cough*

The main thing I really want changed is the skill based matchmaking taken away or at least a little less aggressive. I'm all for a ranked mode based on skill but for public matches it just gets annoying when nearly every match feels like a championship match.

Wait, MW has skill based matchmaking?

So I bought it yesterday. Popped it into my PS4, got stuck all night downloading a 68gig version 1.09 update... Finally was able to play a few games this morning and ranked up a few levels online.... Came back home today expecting to play the game with some friends and the game is redownloading the 68gig update and not letting me play until it fully downloads again. Why did it do this?
received_484910215716651.jpeg

Finally got up to max rank (155) today and unlocked the OG M4A1 variant with the noob-tube and M16 carrying handle. Since it’s burst, it’s pretty useless online so I’d recommend keeping it full auto.

Who’s excited for the next update? We have the G36 and TAR-21 incoming along with a bunch of classic maps, a new Ground War area and a bunch of new spec ops missions.

Back