Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

• Thread starter Famine
  • 187 comments
I am around Rank 41. I did not play nearly as much as I would have liked to over the Thanksgiving Break.

Always these updates.... man I just want to play the game. Not wait to be able to finally to play.

modern games have a lot going for them, but man, these update annoy me.

I finished the campaign all I can it is one of the best campaigns I played in a FPS game.

The brutality and ruthlessness of this campaign literally reminds me of World at War. Crazy how a fps game literally makes us witness war crimes even commit it. Not even world at war had that to some extent.

Instead of modern warfare or total war which we witnessed in past modern warfare games in this game literally showcased proxy wars and how we were fighting in the thick of it.

Today in geopolitics, proxy wars are the new type of warfare rather than full head on confrontations.

Finally another Battle Royale on console to try since Apex Legends. Oh wait... there's no loot on the ground to... uhm... loot. Everything you get is off supply drops basically. There's also no gun attachments other than what guns spawn with at their respective levels. And you start with a pistol. YOU ACTUALLY START WITH A GUN! So many things they're getting wrong.

I'm watching JackFrag's video right now. Here's something that doesn't fit in this game mode: Health Regeneration. It's still there. So healables are completely useless unless there are shields that you can carry to replace the ones that get damaged. It's just stupid. You run away from a fight and regen your health and live to fight on as the circle gets smaller. This better get better otherwise Apex is the only BR worth playing on console and it's got it's own problems that need fixing.

I won't touch PUBG because it's third-person and that encourages more camping and sniping because you can "cheat" by using the camera to see while still behind cover. Great for single player games but really bad for competitive multiplayer.

Last edited:
You should find "buy station" and spend here your credits for Loadout Drop Marker(6000), then drop marker and wait for drop, then you could pick up one of your pre-customized loadouts(same as in MP or Spec-ops).

:banghead:

That's now how battle royales work...

That also gives people an unfair advantage if they play the main game. I don't so I have nothing from there. So many things wrong...

The whole point of a BR is that you have nothing and RNG dictates what you can get when you loot. Because looting is part of the BR experience. You get whatever you can and you make do. You might get lucky and find a really good weapon right away, it's random. Having the ability to use better weapons because you unlocked them in a different mode of the game (that costs money!) is simply unfair. There will be people that don't play MP and only BR. You're telling me it's okay for them to be at a disadvantage because of that?

You could unlock all weapon unlocks via BR, so think about it as early unlock.
So you can unlock weapons playing BR too, that's fine. What about the perk system?

Also, where are you getting this info from?

Can you explain that first part
All progress shared between multiplayer modes. You could unlock weapons/perks(general experience) and attachments(weapon exp) via any mode - BR, Spec Ops or MP. Problem for f2p players will be unlocking attachments for weapons, cause you should find weapon that you want to level up first.

Where are you getting this concrete information
Its kinda obvious if you play MW'19 and see JF video.

Warzone the Battle Royale has been released a day ago actually.

To celebrate, here's a very stupid moment of all my playtime for it. One F word warning.

Anybody up for some war zone as a squad?

Downloaded this 100gb Warzone mode and had to delete it because of a fatal glitch! PS4

Redownloaded it and now it's working. First impression is that I like the simplicity, grounded and a deliberate pacing.

It's a nice contrast from Apex, I wouldn't mind going back & forth between the two.

Downloaded this 100gb Warzone mode and had to delete it because of a fatal glitch! PS4

Redownloaded it and now it's working. First impression is that I like the simplicity, grounded and a deliberate pacing.

It's a nice contrast from Apex, I wouldn't mind going back & forth between the two.
It's nice to have snipers actually be viable. Do you play COD MW on its own?

I bought it but it was stupid. I wasn't into COD for awhile and thought with Ground War they were gonna get closer to a Battlefield experience. And they mentioned a BR early on so I was waiting for that. Ground War is useless and the game is still the same crap I left 14 years ago. I do have it downloaded on my PS4 though and any progress you make in that counts towards the Battle Royale mode. You can use your custom loadouts if you get enough money to buy one of that as a supply drop. So you can be at an advantage having your preferred attachments on a gun instead of whatever you find lying around. I'm only Level 29 from playing a short time but I feel like I'll level things up much quicker by playing the regular multiplayer modes since it's constant action instead of how a BR works. I'm down to play whenever but if we play BR then communication is a must. PSN is DesertPenguin_

Got my first win! I'm only playing a few games a day, not on repeat for hours at a time so it felt good. It was the first time I got into one of the later rounds and luckily the two people I was playing with knew what to do. Play defensive. Once we got a decent amount loot we found a house in the ring and held it down for a long time. So long that it was on the edge of one of the final circles. We picked off a few squads here from windows, then another came in and we got them too. We then chose to leave the house for the only other cover left which was the fence and cement road dividers on the side of the house. A few came from the left, circled around right. I took them out but went down. Got revived and we took out the last guys coming around the left side . Really tense, the way I like it. At one point I had to abandon my sniper rifle for a second full auto AR. Looted a fancy gold AK-47 with a silencer. That might have helped? :sly: Great game when teamwork is properly utilized.

Put some serious time in Warzone last night. Met up with some old xbox friends that I haven’t played with in years thanks to it being cross platform compatible and most importantly, FREE!

We had trouble with getting the mics working at first but after some fiddling with the settings they worked fine. I was told it was a bug.

Had a great time though, we started around 10PM, next thing I knew it was 4AM. I haven’t done that in a long time.

Last edited:
We had trouble with getting the mics working at first but after some fiddling with the settings they worked fine. I was told it was a bug.
Yeah the mics can sometimes just all together cut out, and not even for the whole party sometimes. It's a bit weird. I do prefer the in-game set up rather than using the Xbox Party though, since you can raise the mic input and output on it's own without affecting headset volume.

I had started a trial for Dolby Atmos for headsets so I went in to try the new solo's mode today and managed a win with 10 kills on the first game. Decided to call it quits after that and end the night on a high note :lol: I would for sure say the directional audio for the Atmos did make a good bit of difference with my surviveability, especially considering I was not warmed at all.

Loving Warzone. Turned my sensitivity up to 6/6 and I got much better. Here is my favourite loadout atm.

Aug - This hits like an AR but handles like an SMG. There are lots of bullets to spare after you down someone too.

Monolithic suppressor
G.I. Mini reflex
5.56 conversion with 60 rounds
Stippled grip tape
Forge Tac CQB comb

Jokr - Comes in handy sometimes, but I swap it for a long range gun most of the time.

Perks - Double time, Ghost and Amped

Heartbeat sensor (a must) and Molotov cocktails for area denial.

Doing the objectives is so important. Every time you do one there is a multiplier added to your reward. So you can make a lot of money early in the game which could be a huge benefit for you in the late game. My favourite is the one that shows where the next circle is.

As for the Buy Station. A squad should focus on getting the loadout drop asap, then self revives and a uav for late game. Those 3 are the most important.

Last edited:
Loving Warzone. Turned my sensitivity up to 6/6 and I got much better. Here is my favourite loadout atm.

Aug - This hits like an AR but handles like an SMG. There are lots of bullets to spare after you down someone too.

Monolithic suppressor
G.I. Mini reflex
5.56 conversion with 60 rounds
Stippled grip tape
Forge Tac CQB comb

Joker - Comes in handy sometimes, but I swap it for a long range gun most of the time.

Perks - Double time, Ghost and Amped

Heartbeat sensor (a must) and Molotov cocktails for area denial.

Doing the objectives is so important. Every time you do one there is a multiplier added to your reward. So you can make a lot of money early in the game which could be a huge benefit for you in the late game. My favourite is the one that shows where the next circle is.

As for the Buy Station. A squad should focus on getting the loadout drop asap, then self revives and a uav for late game. Those 3 are the most important.
Someone watched the JackFrags video on the Aug lol

Back