Call of Duty: World War II - Nov 3

• Thread starter Techy
  • 26 comments
United States
Florida
gtamann123
upload_2017-4-26_15-8-57.png

The reveal trailer released today following a livestream

Of course it'll launch on PS4, Xbone, and PC on November 3.

Haha.. I told the wife I wouldn't spend another penny on this franchise after the remastered rip off I had but yep I guess I told her a little white lie and I'm defo going to buy this after seeing that teaser trailer :sly:👍

All I hope is they let you play from a different perspective, not just from the Americans point of view. Although refreshing to see COD going back to its origins it would be even more refreshing to see the War from another angle. Perhaps the Gurkha's, the Germans, to see the War in Africa etc.
Many WW2 games have been made and a vast majority of which you play as an American, something different would be nice but looking at the trailer I'm not hopeful.

All I hope is they let you play from a different perspective, not just from the Americans point of view. Although refreshing to see COD going back to its origins it would be even more refreshing to see the War from another angle. Perhaps the Gurkha's, the Germans, to see the War in Africa etc.
Many WW2 games have been made and a vast majority of which you play as an American, something different would be nice but looking at the trailer I'm not hopeful.

Uhm...

COD 3 let you play as not only the Americans, but as the British, the Polish resistance fighters, and hell, even the Canadian armed forces. All apart of an overarching narrative

Last edited:
Found a good source detailing gameplay and such
http://www.gameinformer.com/themes/...ng-we-know-about-call-of-duty-wwii&GroupKeys=

Players do not recover health or ammo passively. You cannot simply get hit, hide behind some cover, and heal up. You need to call upon your squadmates to get health packs, ammunition, or even covering fire. This makes getting hit carry a significantly more weight than other Call of Duty titles, as taking a bullet has consequences every time.

This is a nice change. I've always found passive healing kinda immersion-breaking

Uhm...

COD 3 let you play as not only the Americans, but as the British, the Polish resistance fighters, and hell, even the Canadian armed forces. All apart of an overarching narrative

That was one game released what 10, 11 years ago maybe? You could play as the Russians in the eastern front in WAW as well but surely you could see the point I was making. A vast majority of games let you play as an American on the Western Front/Asia and not much else, it's been done a hell of a lot.

I know its made by an American company but I wanna see other wars. First Chechen War, Syrian War...Not just American or Allies perspective of war. I want to see others point of view too.

It may be good.

I do have a zero tolerance to getting a Call of Duty game, unless it was the classics.

Better than the trash future stuff they put out recently but then BF1 and its sales figures are what caused this shift nothing else.
I still have doubts though. Normandy has been done to death, do Asia or Africa or the Pacific some more.

BF1 and its sales figures are what caused this shift nothing else.

I doubt it. CoD has a three year development cycle now so I'm almost sure this game was focused as a WWII shooter since before last October. People have been asking for CoD to return to its roots for years, that combined with declining sales with the futuristic games are more than likely what made Sledgehammer and Activision focus on WWII.

Damn you CoD. I was not planning on buying another one at all, and then they turn around and make a game that actually looks like the game will be good.....

I liked Infinite Warfare. A lot. Lulz.

I thought it had a fantastic single player campaign, I can't say I was a fan of the multiplayer though. Modern Warfare Remastered is the CoD game I spent my time with this year.

Oh boy... :ouch:

hwv62NIMupk.jpg

I know its made by an American company but I wanna see other wars. First Chechen War, Syrian War...Not just American or Allies perspective of war. I want to see others point of view too.
There's a PC-exclusive RTS game called Syrian Warfare, released in February 2017. It was criticized for showing the war, uh... not from the American perspective.

Glad there's no modern crap. Was hoping eastern front with the Soviet Union, but to have a HQ rendition of the drive from Normandy to Berlin is just as good. The campaign will no doubt be awesome....the MP on the other hand....

Better than the trash future stuff they put out recently but then BF1 and its sales figures are what caused this shift nothing else.
I still have doubts though. Normandy has been done to death, do Asia or Africa or the Pacific some more.

The eastern front or the first 2 years of the war in Europe would've been interesting too.

Normandy has been done to death, do Asia or Africa or the Pacific some more.

I agree, the Asia/Pacific/Africa WW2 campaigns are often neglected in games. It would be great if they focused on those but I guess the market and therefore sales would be a lot less so they never bother.

I agree, the Asia/Pacific/Africa WW2 campaigns are often neglected in games. It would be great if they focused on those but I guess the market and therefore sales would be a lot less so they never bother.
Africa/Italy would be interesting (you'd have to include Italy because the African Campaign for the U.S. is rather short for a full game unless you chose England in which case it'd be plenty long).

Unfortunately, any non-U.S. based WWII games will have to come from a smaller developer.

I haven't enjoyed a call of duty game since black ops 1 and that was way back in 2010. The other ones after that were either decent or just terrible. This one actually looks like it will be pretty good. I'm gonna keep my eye on this.

Does it? I didn't notice any from the just the trailer, but that's pretty sad if so. Wikipedia states only 16 out of 400,000 American women died from enemy fire in WWII.

But, with the way people can be today, the game could show a multitude of females partaking in battle & I'm not sure most would raise eyebrows. A lot of people today don't seem concerned with historical accuracy anymore if it doesn't fit current public opinions.

^^^ I prefer games like this to have the factual historical accuracy I have read rather than change everything like movies do, not everything has to be PC..I thought gaming had escaped :sly: although a few women in it would be cool.👍

I have great admiration for Sledgehammer games after the brilliant near photo realistic graphics in the excellent Advanced Warfare, watching a few trailers I will pick this up as I like the style of their games and I couldn't get in to BF1 for some reason.

Back