Calling gran turismo 7 a Simcade is a joke.

I hope in some new info here. Simcade works fine and arcade has different meaning for racing games.

Seems like simcade is whatever's not Sim and not arcade. Then there's people who prefer the better term; sim-lite.
There's a lot to keep track of. At least it's not like there's more than 420 genders to align...that would be the ultimate nightmare, for me and perhaps a pleasure for some...

Last edited:
Simcade isn't in the Oxford English dictionary, thereby it hasn't been given meaning and hasn't been recognised as a word, if that is the route you would like to take this discussion.

I have a willingness to contribute and have, and I have a willingness to understand, and do, that doesn't mean I have to blindly agree with everyone else's 'drivel'.
The most confusing thing about your statements in this thread is how imprecise and circular they are. You get to the odd conclusion you want, but the detail is lost. Needs nuance.

I refered to dictionary as an example, trying to make a strawman out of it doesn't bode well here again.
But if you insist it's not a strawman, you can find a definition for simcade online, this thing called the internet, you're actually using it right now. Google it, I'll wait!

If you're unwilling to google that because you only insist on your favourite dictionary then I'll link a quick definition that I don't mind:

The word “Simcade” is a portmanteau of “Simulator” and “Arcade”, which symbolizes the balance that these games try to achieve between fun and realism, putting a focus on playability.

as taken from here: https://flowracers.com/blog/simcade/

The most confusing thing about your statements in this thread is how imprecise and circular they are. You get to the odd conclusion you want, but the detail is lost. Needs nuance.

I refered to dictionary as an example, trying to make a strawman out of it doesn't bode well here again.
But if you insist it's not a strawman, you can find a definition for simcade online, this thing called the internet, you're actually using it right now. Google it, I'll wait!

If you're unwilling to google that because you only insist on your favourite dictionary then I'll link a quick definition that I don't mind:

The word “Simcade” is a portmanteau of “Simulator” and “Arcade”, which symbolizes the balance that these games try to achieve between fun and realism, putting a focus on playability.

as taken from here: https://flowracers.com/blog/simcade/
Well as you specifically mentioned dictionaries, of which there is no entry for Simcade in the dictionary which fundamentally outlines the entire English language, forgive me for not understanding that what you actually meant was a definition in a blog somewhere on the internet that no one has heard of, which is actually an article from someone with their own opinion and interpretation of it. Silly me.

There's absolutely nothing confusing about my statements, there perfectly straightforward, I think the term simcade is rubbish and meaningless. I'm allowed that opinion, I stand by my opinion. Whether you agree or not, I don't really care.

Well as you specifically mentioned dictionaries, of which there is no entry for Simcade in the dictionary which fundamentally outlines the entire English language, forgive me for not understanding that what you actually meant was a definition in a blog somewhere on the internet that no one has heard of, which is actually an article from someone with their own opinion and interpretation of it. Silly me.

There's absolutely nothing confusing about my statements, there perfectly straightforward, I think the term simcade is rubbish and meaningless. I'm allowed that opinion, I stand by my opinion. Whether you agree or not, I don't really care.
That is fair. No need to be butthurt, but if that's your honest opinion then, I have no issue. It's just that you came off a bit unfair with the circular reasoning etc before mate, and with the strawmans. I think it's a great starting foundation that you actually use the Oxford dictionary as your source. Enjoy your evening!

Last edited:
That is fair. No need to be butthurt, but if that's your honest opinion then, I have no issue. It's just that you came off a bit unfair with the circular reasoning etc before mate, and with the strawmans. I think it's a great starting foundation that you actually use the Oxford dictionary as your source. Enjoy your evening!
No butthurt here. No circular reasonings, one clear thought, a thought which oddly enough has no bearing on how I view GT7.

The world is a wonderful place.

I’m still none the wiser after 4 pages why it matters?
It doesn't matter to 99% of people and players. Just the 1%. It's a term that has always been rooted in elitism.

It doesn't matter to 99% of people and players. Just the 1%. It's a term that has always been rooted in elitism.
I can agree somewhat here. Yes I detest the elitist gatekeepers in most hobbies, regardless of if they're the 1% or the 2%.

Sorting is important. Is any game for you? It's a simcade. Do you like simcades? Then probably yes.

They are either driving games or aren’t. The classification breaks down by driving genre - Rally, circuit, karting etc etc

None of us ‘boot up our simulator machines or “simsoles…”’

My take is why choose one when I can play them all…..

Edit to replace car with driving for nuance.

Last edited:
They are either car games or aren’t. The classification breaks down by driving genre - Rally, circuit, karting etc etc

None of us ‘boot up our simulator machines or “simsoles…”’

My take is why choose one when I can play them all…..
OK, maybe that's the problem. I don't play arcades and mostly simcades. If you want me happy, offer some sim.

OK, maybe that's the problem. I don't play arcades and mostly simcades. If you want me happy, offer some sim.

Firstly, I don’t really care what you play or what you call them. You might be a closet Pippa Furnells horse riding ‘sim’ fan. Hey no judgement here.

Secondly, you need to make you happy mate…..asking strange men on the internet to make you happy isn’t advisable or at least each to their own and all that…

Last edited:
Firstly, I don’t really care what you play or what you call them. You might be a closet Pippa Furnells horse riding ‘sim’ fan. Hey no judgement here.

Secondly, you need to make you happy mate…..asking strange men on the internet to make you happy isn’t advisable or at least each to their own and all that…
Yeah, this must be the problem. You just don't care about reality. I do. Simcade is one type of racing game approach.

Care about reality?

You mean the one I live in with real cars, motorbikes, family commitments, mortgages? Track days? With my own “real” toys.

I don’t care about whether a game is simcade, facade or lemonade.

It doesn’t matter.

Apparently GTA is a Sim according to Steam :lol:
gta.png

Can’t call it a Sim after playing games such as ACC (PC version miles ahead of console version) or rF2. It’s way too simple and easy compared to real sims.

It’s really fun and it’s okay, it’s designed for a controller no need to make it complex.

Last edited:
Unless you are playing using 6 axis motion platforms you can’t remotely be able to “feel” the the car settle or where the balance is and how fast weight transferring. FFB wheels are a blunt instrument for giving some feedback but no where near enough to remotely substitute physics manifested in the real world.

Edit

Even then you don’t get downforce, gravity or the range of motion that allows you to drive a car as hard as possible.

Last edited:
Back