Can no longer back-up GT5 gamesaves?

  • Thread starter Thread starter II-zOoLoGy-II
  • 97 comments
  • 8,457 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

II-zOoLoGy-II

(Banned)
Messages
2,713
United States
F YOU
I don't need the "help" of this "community."

A quick read through of this thread should show you how much of a community this really is.

This forum is full of trolls and 12 year olds with extreme defense mechanisms.

STAY AWAY TROLL.
 
Last edited:
WTF!

Can anyone confirm this?

Why am I not surprised?
 
Before concluding it's a big conspiracy theory, why not wait for some replies? Honestly I would be shocked if Sony decided to force PS3 owners into using their cloud-something save utility when we all have multiple-GB HDDs.

I will soon update to v1.08 and find out if this impacts the backup save operation, and post here.

And what is "jailbroken"? Do you mean hacking?
 
Mine seems to be fine, if you go to where you can hit X on GT5, just scroll up until you see the PS3 saves or whatever, then my flashdrive is the second option under the online save thing.

EDIT: I also wanted to add that i have the lastest update, 3.60 for the PS3 and 1.08 for GT5
 
i use a PSP(USB) working fine for me....
 
Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to give Sony more of my hard earned...
 
Worked fine for me last night after I updated both the system, and GT5 patch 1.08.
 
i use a PSP(USB) working fine for me....

Excellent, I have a PSP and didn't even think about that! Thanks!

But the fact remains that my external is no longer supported by the new firmware. My external has all my movies, music, game saves, etc. on it. The fact I can no longer access these on my PS3 is pretty aggravating. There should be no reason why support for my external was all of a sudden dropped due to new firmware, oh wait, cloud based game save support? Weird.

And no I am not a noob when it comes to technology. My father is a programmer / tech rep for a large software company, so I grew up 'in the know.' And if you do not know what jail breaking is you probably should not be giving me advice. But thanks.


EDIT: Flash/thumb drives are still working, I have checked several. It's just this one WD 500 Gig USB that I have that will no longer show up. Oh well, I've had it for years. Time to buy a new one anyway. But I am certainly not paying to upload my game saves "to the cloud."
 
Last edited:
or create a 2nd user on your ps3, (no PSN sign-up needed)

name "him" "backup", and save there (after logging in to "him")

also works.
 
I always had that problem with my external hard drive....not with usb drives though.
 
Two USB sticks working fine here.
 
claythrow
I always had that problem with my external hard drive....not with usb drives though.

It is an external USB hard drive... Power supply and data transmission both run through USB.
 
I have both a USB flash drive and an external hard drive, and both are fine after the update.
 
The SuperTalent USB Stick PICO C also don't work with the PS3.

picoca.jpg


But it's not since the last update, it's since ever.

Looks like the PS3 don't like the embedded bridge chip (or how the thing is called) of this USB stick. :banghead:

Really a shame. This thing so sweet. :)👍
 
If your HDD doesn't still work, plug it into a computer and observe the filesystem...

NTFS? Thought so... Didn't work? Thought so as well...

My Seagate Expansion 500GB no longer functions on my PS3 console because maybe the NTFS file system support was removed from a previous update...
 
Sometimes my ps3 will not pick up my USB ( even tho I never take it out ) I just have to take it out and put it back in, happens every now and again for some reason!!
 
Works everything perfect after 3.60 patch.... it shows all the usb-s that are connected.....
 
I wouldn't be surprised, but it works for me as of now. I'm surprised they haven't changed that yet.
 
Well updated my PS3 to the latest firmware and now my USB external hard drive no longer appears in any section of the XMB (it used to show up in videos, music, game, etc.). So, as of now I have no way of backing up my game saves. I know this is a ploy by Sony to get me to use their cloud based game save system which I have to pay to become a Playstation Plus member. No thanks.

Anyone else having this problem and know a quick work around?

If all else fails I am about to jailbreak the PS3. This is the last thing in my home that is not jailbroken but it is starting to look like it will be the next thing to be jailbroken.

I hate you Sony,

-z0o

Excellent, I have a PSP and didn't even think about that! Thanks!

But the fact remains that my external is no longer supported by the new firmware. My external has all my movies, music, game saves, etc. on it. The fact I can no longer access these on my PS3 is pretty aggravating. There should be no reason why support for my external was all of a sudden dropped due to new firmware, oh wait, cloud based game save support? Weird.

And no I am not a noob when it comes to technology. My father is a programmer / tech rep for a large software company, so I grew up 'in the know.' And if you do not know what jail breaking is you probably should not be giving me advice. But thanks.


EDIT: Flash/thumb drives are still working, I have checked several. It's just this one WD 500 Gig USB that I have that will no longer show up. Oh well, I've had it for years. Time to buy a new one anyway. But I am certainly not paying to upload my game saves "to the cloud."

WOW! For someone who is self-confessed to be "in-the-know" you sure don't seem to be much of a problem solver...
3 possible solutions without giving it any real thought...
1) Backup your game onto a USB stick then plug both your USB stick and HDD into a PC... Guess what comes next... Copy, then... wait for it, Paste! :sly:
2) If you want to run you music, movies and other stuff off your HDD on your TV, try these things known as dual HDMI output video cards... 1 HDMI to your monitor, 1 to your TV and there you have it, dual monitor support and you can watch your stuff!
3) Another alternative is... WIRELESS! Windows 7 can be connected to your PS3 through such an invention! Just plug your HDD into your PC and then watch your programs over a wireless network...

Ah, the miracles of technology... 👍
But seriously, "I hate you Sony"... Bit over the top is it not?
Also, I don't know where you live but here in Australia the PS3 only supports FAT32 formatted HDDs and not NTFS... :)
I do however agree with, "I am certainly not paying to upload my game saves "to the cloud"." 👍 +1
 
WOW! For someone who is self-confessed to be "in-the-know" you sure don't seem to be much of a problem solver...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My thoughts exactly. I find it funny that he asks for help in the first post...

"Anyone else having this problem and know a quick work around?"

...and then in his second post criticizes those that are giving the requested advice..

"you probably should not be giving me advice"

I hope you get your problem sorted out, but please be a little more grateful for people taking their time to try and help you out.
 
The SuperTalent USB Stick PICO C also don't work with the PS3.

picoca.jpg


But it's not since the last update, it's since ever.

Looks like the PS3 don't like the embedded bridge chip (or how the thing is called) of this USB stick. :banghead:

Really a shame. This thing so sweet. :)👍

I'm thinking this particular USB stick might not work due to a moisture buildup issue.
 
X3rx3s44
WOW! For someone who is self-confessed to be "in-the-know" you sure don't seem to be much of a problem solver...
3 possible solutions without giving it any real thought...
1) Backup your game onto a USB stick then plug both your USB stick and HDD into a PC... Guess what comes next... Copy, then... wait for it, Paste! :sly:
2) If you want to run you music, movies and other stuff off your HDD on your TV, try these things known as dual HDMI output video cards... 1 HDMI to your monitor, 1 to your TV and there you have it, dual monitor support and you can watch your stuff!
3) Another alternative is... WIRELESS! Windows 7 can be connected to your PS3 through such an invention! Just plug your HDD into your PC and then watch your programs over a wireless network...

Ah, the miracles of technology... 👍
But seriously, "I hate you Sony"... Bit over the top is it not?
Also, I don't know where you live but here in Australia the PS3 only supports FAT32 formatted HDDs and not NTFS... :)
I do however agree with, "I am certainly not paying to upload my game saves "to the cloud"." 👍 +1

Troll much?

My computer is not near my tv, I live in an apartment where the is a massive amount of wireless interference, and regardless streaming HD video over N wireless to the PS3 is crap, considering there is no buffer cache on the PS3 "media servers."

Thanks for the 'help' but your suggestions have nothing to do with my original problem.

This forum is full of trolls.
 
Last edited:
Jet Pilot
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My thoughts exactly. I find it funny that he asks for help in the first post...

"Anyone else having this problem and know a quick work around?"

...and then in his second post criticizes those that are giving the requested advice..

"you probably should not be giving me advice"

I hope you get your problem sorted out, but please be a little more grateful for people taking their time to try and help you out.

Hey way to pick and choose what to quote out of my posts. Try rereading them again before you quote me and get yourself confused as to what I said.
 
Troll much?

Well... No actually! :) I was simply giving you a possible solution to your problem (3 in-fact) and suggesting your indictment of Sony may have been harsh under the circumstances. And good for you that you live in an apartment with wireless interference issues 👍, was that stated in the OP?... No, so how could I have known 1 of my 3 suggestions involving wireless would not be suitable?...
Hmm... Well, I now put it to you that in fact you are trolling your own thread :dunce: and shooting down any ideas people put to you after you have asked for any ideas/suggestions...
Also, my first observation was in regards to you proclaiming yourself the messiah of technology yet not knowing how to rectify a minor issue... Sorry if I hurt your sensitivities... :guilty:
Finally, I do have another suggestion which would most likely work but as you have been so ungrateful for any suggestions by myself or anyone else I will not bother to share it as I don't WANT to help you out and nor do I feel I should after your whining. Treat people how you wish to be treated, just bear that in mind next time you complain about helpful suggestions people may offer you. 💡
Xerxes.
 
Last edited:
I'm thinking this particular USB stick might not work due to a moisture buildup issue.

No, that's not the problem. The thing fits perfect in the PS3 USB slot & all pins have perfect contact. And the USB slots are normally all standardized.

It's fact that the PS3 don't work with some controllers. :guilty:
 
My US console only recognizes FAT32 and not NTFS as well. Perhaps this changed with the update, I'll have to verify tonight.
 
2zoo2 --

Dude, I have the perfect solution -- ask your dad! I heard he's a programmer / tech rep for a large software company. :lol:
 
My US console only recognizes FAT32 and not NTFS as well. Perhaps this changed with the update, I'll have to verify tonight.

+1 Thank-you parabulla. :)
See this is the sort of feedback and comments everyone needs to try and solve this (possible) issue not criticism of suggestions as I obviously could not have known if a US PS3 was FAT32 or NTFS formatted. Good tip buddy. 👍
 
2zoo2 --

Dude, I have the perfect solution -- ask your dad! I heard he's a programmer / tech rep for a large software company. :lol:

Hahahaha 👍

Seriously though II-zoology-II, people have offered suggestions. Instead of bashing them for those suggestions and acting all high and mighty, how about politely explaining why certain solutions won't work in your particular situation. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
 
Ok... I would love for someone to point out where I was acting "high and mighty" and when I said I was the "messiah of technology." I simply stated my experience with technology because someone implied, or so I thought, that I had no clue what I was talking about.

When you can find that in any of my posts I will say I'm sorry. Otherwise you're all a bunch a 13 year old girls having their first period looking to start fights for no reason. This is exactly why so many new members chose not to come back to this forum for anything. They ask a simple question, one person takes something the wrong way, and then all the trolls come out like a pack of school girls at planned parenthood.

I'm glad you all feel comfortable trolling behind your keyboard. But I am sure you all got picked on in high school plenty, which is why you're trying to start arguments over the Internet. :,(

I could care less what you post after this, I won't be checking it. So if you need someone to argue with, well I am sure you are VERY close with your right hand.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back