Can no longer back-up GT5 gamesaves?

  • Thread starter Thread starter II-zOoLoGy-II
  • 97 comments
  • 8,457 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're pathetic. Quit trolling and get a life.

👍

In which of your posts did you say that your external drive was NTFS format?
 
This is exactly why so many new members chose not to come back to this forum for anything. They ask a simple question, one person takes something the wrong way, and then all the trolls come out like a pack of school girls at planned parenthood.
.

NOOOOOO the messiah of technology is going to leave us!:nervous:

I just think that is pretty stupid to come bitching and throwing judgements about what could be, obviously, an isolated problem of your console. Besides, this is a Q & A forum. I don't want to know if youre angry, hate Sony or if you're going to buy an X box.

Maybe you're not a stupid teenager, sorry. But this is definitely one of the most stupid threads I've read this week.
 
Last edited:
silly question have you tryed to load gt5 cause my save became locked but was fault with hdd space due to gt5 updates even thou i still have 450 gigs left
 
TL;DR thread, who DOESN'T use NTFS on their external?

PS3 doesn't support NTFS, period. If you format a drive NTFS and drop it in the PS3, it wouldn't recognize it internally, either. Sony didn't want to license NTSF support from M$. The hacking community has recently added support, however.
 
Elkay
PS3 doesn't support NTFS, period. If you format a drive NTFS and drop it in the PS3, it wouldn't recognize it internally, either. Sony didn't want to license NTSF support from M$. The hacking community has recently added support, however.

Thanks for the suggestions but Its not the formatting of the drive.

Yes, home brew now has "full" support for NTFS.

External worked before 3.6, immediately after updating it no longer appeared in the XMB..
 
LancerEvoXGTSR
NOOOOOO the messiah of technology is going to leave us!:nervous:

I just think that is pretty stupid to come bitching and throwing judgements about what could be, obviously, an isolated problem of your console. Besides, this is a Q & A forum. I don't want to know if youre angry, hate Sony or if you're going to buy an X box.

Maybe you're not a stupid teenager, sorry. But this is definitely one of the most stupid threads I've read this week.

How old are you 7?

Wow. Are the other 40 posts you have on this site trolling just like this one?

Grow up. Get a Life.

BTW you have been reported. Twice.
 
Excellent, I have a PSP and didn't even think about that! Thanks!

But the fact remains that my external is no longer supported by the new firmware. My external has all my movies, music, game saves, etc. on it. The fact I can no longer access these on my PS3 is pretty aggravating. There should be no reason why support for my external was all of a sudden dropped due to new firmware, oh wait, cloud based game save support? Weird.

And no I am not a noob when it comes to technology. My father is a programmer / tech rep for a large software company, so I grew up 'in the know.' And if you do not know what jail breaking is you probably should not be giving me advice. But thanks.


EDIT: Flash/thumb drives are still working, I have checked several. It's just this one WD 500 Gig USB that I have that will no longer show up. Oh well, I've had it for years. Time to buy a new one anyway. But I am certainly not paying to upload my game saves "to the cloud."

Yeah I have crapped out two of the Western Digital 500 gb drives. I upgraded to a 1 TB seagate external and have not had any problems.
 
cryptomanic
Yeah I have crapped out two of the Western Digital 500 gb drives. I upgraded to a 1 TB seagate external and have not had any problems.

Ya, this one is several years old and has been through multiple deployments (it's seen a lot of traveling). It still works fine on my PC and Mac, but after the update... no dice on PS3.

I've already reinstalled the 3.6 firmware several times and it had no effect. I'll probably jailbreak the PS3 later this week and see what happens. I just don't know how successful Sony is at recognizing jail broken platforms (they updated their license agreement after geohot's release to include a clause stating they will ban modified platforms from the PSN).
 
And no I am not a noob when it comes to technology. My father is a programmer / tech rep for a large software company, so I grew up 'in the know.'

My father is an astronaut and my grandfather cured Polio. I am still a little 🤬 but I grew up "in the know" okay? So people, take your elitist talk somewhere else.

I am with you buddy. They might know about it but do they GROW UP about it. See the difference?
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions but Its not the formatting of the drive.

Yes, home brew now has "full" support for NTFS.

External worked before 3.6, immediately after updating it no longer appeared in the XMB..

Nice catch. Except your system is not jail broken. So everyone else, means everyone else including the trolls are right.

If all else fails I am about to jailbreak the PS3. This is the last thing in my home that is not jailbroken but it is starting to look like it will be the next thing to be jailbroken.

Edit: Wrong button. Double posted instead of editing the previous post.
 
nyyellowtaxi
My father is an astronaut and my grandfather cured Polio. I am still a little 🤬 but I grew up "in the know" okay? So people, take your elitist talk somewhere else.

I am with you buddy. They might know about it but do they GROW UP about it. See the difference?

Fourth troll on this thread.
 
nyyellowtaxi
Nice catch. Except your system is not jail broken.

When did I say it was? Trolling so hard you forgot how to read?
 
I don't need the "help" of this "community."

A quick read through of this thread should show you how much of a community this really is.

This forum is full of trolls and 12 year olds with extreme defense mechanisms.

STAY AWAY TROLL.

:eek:....:confused:...:crazy:...:dopey:...:lol:
Is this what this thread is about?
 
When did I say it was? Trolling so hard you forgot how to read?

If all else fails I am about to jailbreak the PS3. This is the last thing in my home that is not jailbroken but it is starting to look like it will be the next thing to be jailbroken.

Keyword: About to.

Fourth troll on this thread.

Attendance in this thread:

Trolls = 4
Idiot = 1

Keyword: Suck it.
 
GTShadowKing
:eek:....:confused:...:crazy:...:dopey:...:lol:
Is this what this thread is about?

It was about getting help from the community about an issue regarding my external no longer working on my ps3 after the 3.6 update.

But now it's to showcase how many trolls there are in the community.
 
nyyellowtaxi
Attendance:

Trolls = 4
Idiot = 1

Once again. When did I say my ps3 was jail broken?

You are making yourself look more like a 'downie' child every time you post.
 
It was about getting help from the community about an issue regarding my external no longer working on my ps3 after the 3.6 update.

But now it's to showcase how many trolls there are in the community.
Oh ok. May I help you with anything?
 
GTShadowKing
Oh ok. May I help you with anything?

No thanks though. But, feel free to report any individuals trolling in violation of the AUP. That's pretty much what I am doing.
 
nyyellowtaxi
Keyword: About to.

Attendance in this thread:

Trolls = 4
Idiot = 1

Keyword: Suck it.

Yes, keyword "about to" not "is."

Lol. Trolls need to learn to read. Reported for harassment.
 
No thanks though. But, feel free to report any individuals trolling in violation of the AUP. That's pretty much what I am doing.
I didn't read all the post but I have a general idea of what's going on here. Do what you think is the best, disrespect is not cool:yuck:.
 
Once again. When did I say my ps3 was jail broken?

You are making yourself look more like a 'downie' child every time you post.

Nice catch. Except your system is not jail broken. So everyone else, means everyone else including the trolls are right.

When did I say it was?

I didn't read all the post but I have a general idea of what's going on here. Do what you think is the best, disrespect is not cool:yuck:.

Do you know about it growing up? Or do you grew up "in the know"?
 
No thanks though. But, feel free to report any individuals trolling in violation of the AUP. That's pretty much what I am doing.

When you start respecting other people, the other people will start respecting you. When you start disrespecting other people...

It's a 2 way street. Real world is very different from home. Means other people won't suck it up to you.

Keyword: Suck it.
 
Do you know about it growing up? Or do you grew up "in the know".

Look mate you can say whatever you what and I'm not saying that is your fault, but we have to know when to stop right? Some irony or sarcasm never made bad to nobody, but instead of increase the hate, it's better to just stop.
 
nyyellowtaxi
When did I say it was?

Do you know about it growing up? Or do you grew up "in the know"?



nyyellowtaxi
When you start respecting other people, the other people will start respecting you. When you start disrespecting other people...

It's a 2 way street. Real work is very different from home. Means other people won't suck it up to you.


Im sorry, none of your posts make any sense. And I didn't disrespect anyone until I was disrespected.

Fact is, you and the other trolls are too busy looking at something to fight over so you're taking something I said, throwing it completely out of context, putting your own meaning behind it, and then posting like you are the GODS of the forum.

Try making coherent statements before hitting the "post" button.

You have now been reported multiple times. Thanks for coming out!
 
Last edited:
Im sorry, none of your posts make any sense. And I didn't disrespect anyone until I was disrespected.

Fact is, you and the other trolls are too busy looking at something to fight over so you're taking something I said, throwing it completely out of context, putting your own meaning behind it, and then posting like you are the GODS of the forum.

Try making coherent statements before hitting the "post" button.

You have now been reported multiple times. Thanks for coming out!


This is a respectable thread with great admins and moderators.
What you see is a bunch of trolls
but what I see is helpful,generous and likable people.
:P
 
This is a respectable thread with great admins and moderators.
What you see is a bunch of trolls
but what I see is helpful,generous and likable people.
:P

Go suck on a tailpipe hippie!

;)
 
Im sorry, none of your posts make any sense. And I didn't disrespect anyone until I was disrespected.

Fact is, you and the other trolls are too busy looking at something to fight over so you're taking something I said, throwing it completely out of context, putting your own meaning behind it, and then posting like you are the GODS of the forum.

Try making coherent statements before hitting the "post" button.

You have now been reported multiple times. Thanks for coming out!

When you think people disrespected you (even no one else but you can see it), suck it up like a man then they will look like fools. Keyword: Suck it (again).

Like everyone else trying to help you here. This is the run down (again). Although I am SURE you already got it all figured out.

1. Make sure your drive isn't dead.
2. Make sure it's FAT32 format.
3. Make sure you use a Y cable.
4. Make sure you connect the power line to the PS3 first, then the data line.

Any other question you should ask your dad. About how to talk to other people would be a good topic to start.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back