Can no longer back-up GT5 gamesaves?

  • Thread starter Thread starter II-zOoLoGy-II
  • 97 comments
  • 8,457 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Troll much?

My computer is not near my tv, I live in an apartment where the is a massive amount of wireless interference, and regardless streaming HD video over N wireless to the PS3 is crap, considering there is no buffer cache on the PS3 "media servers."

Thanks for the 'help' but your suggestions have nothing to do with my original problem.

This forum is full of trolls.

it seems no one else here is experiencing your reported, sounds awfully like an isolated case

do ensure your drive is FAT32 formatted and if that fails, try using a FAT32 USB stick to test if that works.
 
i just backed up my game save on a usb thumb drive, no problem. 40 gig phat and a 16 gig sandisk cruzer.
 
NTFS was never supported by ANY ps3 before/after update. NTFS is a file system created by Microsoft to support large chunks of data(greater than 4gb). Sony would never get rights to support read/write NTFS from MS.

And this update is fine,no problems with saving.
 
Mine works fine after the updates also... my heart almost skipped a beat when I read the title.
 
I can't copy my save at all to anything but the playstation plus online storage. And its not my USB stick because it loads up in the video mode. Under the gran turismo 5 saved game information is says "Lock Copying Prohibited"
 
So the USB stick doesn't work? And all we can do is save on the new online tab? Can you please confirm if we can use that like a normal USB stick?
 
I tried to copy it and the only option that came up was the online storage. Like I said my USB stick works with video, music, etc.
 
I tried to copy it and the only option that came up was the online storage. Like I said my USB stick works with video, music, etc.

For the lack of a better word I think we are 'le scrood' 👎

edit: have you tried backing up the save data and copying it back to the save directory?
 
I can't copy the actual save data stored on my PS3's HDD to my usb stick so I don't know and the game save that is on my stick is 2 days old and I have accomplished quite a bit in those 2 days so I'm not trying it.
 
So the USB stick doesn't work? And all we can do is save on the new online tab? Can you please confirm if we can use that like a normal USB stick?

I saved to the online "cloud" and it was just as easy as using the external drives. 150MB of storage for the saves.
 
I saved to the online "cloud" and it was just as easy as using the external drives. 150MB of storage for the saves.

Whew! That's a relief! Reminds me,I have a car to pick from your garage! :D
 
I saved to the online "cloud" and it was just as easy as using the external drives. 150MB of storage for the saves.

This is a good way to force some people into paying for playstation plus...
 
I don't think you need to be in the playstation plus plan to have an online save 'cloud'. Worked for me yesterday.
 
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011...le-to-playstation-plus-members-from-tomorrow/

It says Plus members. Also says; "If the developer has chosen to implement copy protection on their game saves, you can still copy those files to Online Storage but there will be a 24 hour period, after each save, before you can then download them on any PS3."

Thanx for the heads up! I'm no playstation plus member,and yet I had that online module on when I logged in yesterday. Let me see if I got this right,so if the USB Stick doesn't work,we are s*****d?
 
Seems that way. People earlier in this thread were saying they weren't having this problem but I don't know I am.
 
If this is after the update,then I guess I am safe. 'Cause I tried yesterday after the update and I could save on my external HDD. Unless they Implemented this in the last 12 hours.:grumpy:
 
Let's not say the sky is falling. I have both updates (PS3 and GT5), my USB hard drive and thumb drive as well as my airport-connected HD work FINE. Appearing in the X-bar and saving properly. NO PROBLEMS. Check other issues first (cache, etc.).

But I do think I may get the online service..sounds convenient.
 
I would much rather backup data on my OWN terms. Who's PD to say that I can back up data only once every 24 hours? As if it wasn't bad enough already,everything PD does regulates us to play the game how THEY want it to be played.
 
usb flash drive works just fine for me after the update
 
My GT5 wasn't updated to 1.05 so there was no backup possible. it is now and all is fine with flashdrive backup
 
Guess what you can't do with could saving.

When I got more free time I was going to dupe a lot and open the biggest trade thread in history, not so much for profit as to keep people happy. Thanks, PD, for ruining that.

Oh, and if I hear anything about "cloud computing" one more time I'm going to throw up.
 
Well updated my PS3 to the latest firmware and now my USB external hard drive no longer appears in any section of the XMB (it used to show up in videos, music, game, etc.). So, as of now I have no way of backing up my game saves. I know this is a ploy by Sony to get me to use their cloud based game save system which I have to pay to become a Playstation Plus member. No thanks.

Anyone else having this problem and know a quick work around?

If all else fails I am about to jailbreak the PS3. This is the last thing in my home that is not jailbroken but it is starting to look like it will be the next thing to be jailbroken.

I hate you Sony,

-z0o

And just when you think you've seen the most stupid teenager. . .
 
Guess what you can't do with could saving.

When I got more free time I was going to dupe a lot and open the biggest trade thread in history, not so much for profit as to keep people happy. Thanks, PD, for ruining that.

Oh, and if I hear anything about "cloud computing" one more time I'm going to throw up.

Let's go to the cloud.
 
Just tested all my flashdrives and external harddrives on my PS3, and they all work.
 
My US console only recognizes FAT32 and not NTFS as well. Perhaps this changed with the update, I'll have to verify tonight.

Update: PS3 works as it did before the update. Recognizes FAT32, does not recognize NTFS.
 
Update: PS3 works as it did before the update. Recognizes FAT32, does not recognize NTFS.

That would explain why my external drives are never recognised. I've got to use NTFS as I have files over 4gb.
 
LancerEvoXGTSR
And just when you think you've seen the most stupid teenager. . .

Wow look... ANOTHER TROLL.

I think halve of the community really got the crap beat out of them in high school. So many children on here compensating for the fact that they are pussies.
 
Last edited:
You're pathetic. Quit trolling and get a life.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back