Can PD Fix NASCAR in a Patch? (Read OP)

  • Thread starter Thread starter RedlineRacer
  • 109 comments
  • 8,120 views
Messages
772
United States
United States
Messages
AMS_Redline
NASCAR online sucks.... BAD

I can't even take the turn at 203 at Daytona, and the car spins out too easily especially when I turn to avoid a wreck. PD killed the NASCARs IMO. Can't even race Dirty NASCAR properly, I'm more worried about me hitting the wall or spinning, than I am about people wrecking me!

PD please fix or revert NASCAR back to the way they were in GT5 please!!!!
 
NASCAR Stock cars in GT5 were massively unrealistic high downforce racing cars with too much stability. Stock cars are big heavy loose racing machines that are hard to drive and have no brakes, even coming out of a draft can send them into a spin.

Understand that NASCAR in GT5 was the joke of the sim racing world, in GT6 they are still easier to drive than in iRacing, which is the premier NASCAR simulator.
 
NASCAR Stock cars in GT5 were massively unrealistic high downforce racing cars with too much stability. Stock cars are big heavy loose racing machines that are hard to drive and have no brakes, even coming out of a draft can send them into a spin.

Understand that NASCAR in GT5 was the joke of the sim racing world, in GT6 they are still easier to drive than in iRacing, which is the premier NASCAR simulator.
well i know its kinda unrealistic but its no fun to where you cant even drive them, or even go through a 31 degree banked turn at 203 ( which they can do no prob IRL)
 
Last edited:
The issue here is that you think you're Jeff Gordon, and you're not. I can drive them fine and I'm no Jeff Gordon. The setup is important too, you can't just turn up at every track and expect the cars to just be right.

It's meant to be a simulation, if you want easy NASCAR then you can buy NASCAR 2013
 
One of the biggest problems with NASCAR in Gran Turismo is that you can't adjust the right and left sides of the car individually. I think that's the biggest reason they can't carry as much speed through the corners at Daytona as they can in real life. I watched a reply of myself driving around Daytona, and in the corners the left side of the splitter looked to be well over an inch off the track surface, when in real life with a proper NASCAR setup it would be nearly touching the track right across the whole splitter. Until we can put negative camber in the left side tires and positive in the right, this will be unavoidable.
 
NASCAR online sucks.... BAD

I can't even take the turn at 203 at Daytona, and the car spins out too easily especially when I turn to avoid a wreck. PD killed the NASCARs IMO. Can't even race Dirty NASCAR properly, I'm more worried about me hitting the wall or spinning, than I am about people wrecking me!

PD please fix or revert NASCAR back to the way they were in GT5 please!!!!
lol, you literally copied and pasted from your post on NTG.




Anyway, I haven't played the game but judging from your post, it seems like PD nailed NASCAR.
 
Was thinking they would implement independent camber angles. But this is GT...
That's the main reason I like driving those cars at real tracks. But this time they seem easier to drive than what it was in GT5.
 
There is not a damn thing wrong with the NASCAR cars as far as being broke. If you are having trouble driving them, then it is your lack of skill, not the car. I'm also getting sick and tired of seeing these threads where people are claiming certain cars are broke just because they don't handle like they are on rails. I have personally tested every car that people have claimed to be "broken" and have found not a thing wrong with them. Granted, some don't handle like a dream, but they are far from being broke. You people have to remember, this is not GT5 anymore, it is GT6 with new physics so it only stands to reason that some cars are going to feel more lively than others. So, to put it bluntly, if you are having trouble driving the NASCAR cars, then turn on some aids and put racing soft tires on. If you are still having problems driving them after that, then you just need a whole lot of practice then.
 
Comparing GT6 to iRacing is not a good idea... GT6's realism is nowhere close in graphics or physics.
 
just put the downforce up all the way
 
Nascar is a bit different now but I would not say they are broken. It did take me a few tries to figure out how to get through the Daytona and Indy races but in the end I was able to take Indy at full throttle after the first lap and smoke the AI. You just need to get a feel for it.
 
I took a stock Nascar cup car out on Daytona online for the first time. I didn't find any difficulty driving the machine around the banks but did get a feel that it could take the corner faster than it was. However, with all AIDS off the machine glided smoothly around the banks without needing to turn the wheel/joystick as far left as possible. Is it possible you adjusted your machine's suspension to throw off its balance?

"Remember, the car is heavy."
 
I don't know what is funniest. That some people are saying that no car in GT6 is "broken" (it's clear that the physics engine has trouble understanding what to do with a lot of the MR cars), or that people keep regarding Iracing as anything but a Commercial joke.
 
NASCAR online sucks.... BAD

I can't even take the turn at 203 at Daytona, and the car spins out too easily especially when I turn to avoid a wreck. PD killed the NASCARs IMO. Can't even race Dirty NASCAR properly, I'm more worried about me hitting the wall or spinning, than I am about people wrecking me!

PD please fix or revert NASCAR back to the way they were in GT5 please!!!!
What line are you taking?

NASCAR Stock cars in GT5 were massively unrealistic high downforce racing cars with too much stability. Stock cars are big heavy loose racing machines that are hard to drive and have no brakes, even coming out of a draft can send them into a spin.

Understand that NASCAR in GT5 was the joke of the sim racing world, in GT6 they are still easier to drive than in iRacing, which is the premier NASCAR simulator.

The cars have too much downforce in real life to begin with hence why there is a train when they go to places like Daytona. Coming out of a draft doesn't send you into a spin? How much NASCAR do you actually watch? Also I think the OP has a setup issue if the car is spinning out because it shouldn't be going around a track where the only time the break is applied is during pit stops, being pushed during drafting, or if an accident unfold ahead of you. A full lap alone though or with a tow shouldn't require you to slow up in the corners.
 
Theyre in a train irl because they run a restrictor plate that cuts their power from 800hp to somewhere around 500-600hp. So they stick to a controlled draft/push that allows them higher speeds. OP have you tried running at those levels of power or you think 800+hp is realistic at the huge Ovals?
 
Theyre in a train irl because they run a restrictor plate that cuts their power from 800hp to somewhere around 500-600hp. So they stick to a controlled draft/push that allows them higher speeds. OP have you tried running at those levels of power or you think 800+hp is realistic at the huge Ovals?

They only run at plate speeds in GT6 due to transmission being set lower as well. To truly simulate it you have to hack the power down. I am surprises by the new NASCAR handling, takes a bit of getting used to.
 
Ah, the good old "you're a bad driver" response.

I guess GT6 is unrealistic just as GT5 was, just in a different way.
 
Theyre in a train irl because they run a restrictor plate that cuts their power from 800hp to somewhere around 500-600hp. So they stick to a controlled draft/push that allows them higher speeds. OP have you tried running at those levels of power or you think 800+hp is realistic at the huge Ovals?

No it's not, the level of power is cut down to 450 with restrictor plates at the Super speedways, also down force and mechanical grip are a massive issue with NASCAR at this moment and thus make it difficult to generate enough of a force to pass a car ahead of you, it also makes dirty air a more prevalent issue. Go read the NASCAR thread there are articles showing this and people that know, I've never seen you on it so not sure where you've got your info from.
 
What line are you taking?



The cars have too much downforce in real life to begin with hence why there is a train when they go to places like Daytona. Coming out of a draft doesn't send you into a spin? How much NASCAR do you actually watch? Also I think the OP has a setup issue if the car is spinning out because it shouldn't be going around a track where the only time the break is applied is during pit stops, being pushed during drafting, or if an accident unfold ahead of you. A full lap alone though or with a tow shouldn't require you to slow up in the corners.

I watch 1-2 races per year, sometimes more but whatever I catch when I'm watching motorsport streams. By "spin" out of a draft I mean that the cars get affected by the aerodynamics coming out of a draft, which can cause the car to "get loose" and if you're not too handy that can easily turn into a spin. The cars are very difficult to drive, which can be easily seen by the experiences Kimi Raikkonen had in trucks + nationwide. I spent a lot of time racing ovals at iRacing up from the Legends, the trucks and then the Nationwides, I spent more time racing ovals than road tracks to be honest.

In GT5 I was running 2:07 laps at Spa in the Stock Cars. Just to put into perspective that is probably 30seconds + faster than a Le Mans GT3 car, a car almost half the weight with more downforce, better brakes and a 6 speed sequential gearbox. Taking it further it's a little slower than an LMP1 car like an AUDI R18, a little faster than an LMP2 car. Do you realise how out of touch with reality this is?


GT6 Stock cars are still not realistic, but that has nothing to do with the fact that they are too easy to drive, they are easier than the real thing by a long shot. iRacing has what we could argue is the closest simulation and it's in a different league to GT6, let alone the fairytales of GT5.
 
Last edited:
Well in a sense he's right, they might not be "broken" per say but considering they handle very similar to a GT car, they're far from being realistic (see above post)
 
I watch 1-2 races per year, sometimes more but whatever I catch when I'm watching motorsport streams. By "spin" out of a draft I mean that the cars get affected by the aerodynamics coming out of a draft, which can cause the car to "get loose" and if you're not too handy that can easily turn into a spin. The cars are very difficult to drive, which can be easily seen by the experiences Kimi Raikkonen had in trucks + nationwide. I spent a lot of time racing ovals at iRacing up from the Legends, the trucks and then the Nationwides, I spent more time racing ovals than road tracks to be honest.

I wouldn't use an open wheel driver like Raikkonen who even had trouble early on with rally racing as the artifact example of why NASCAR is difficult. If he had the up bringing for the skill set they need he probably would have done well, the down force and aero grip in NASCAR is far different than F1 obviously, actually NASCAR relies on a lot of mechanical grip. When they pull out of the draft they don't spin, I've yet to see a driver spin out in a real race due to leaving the draft.

I too spent time a few years ago with iRacing and the stock car stuff to try and join their series but decided otherwise.

In GT5 I was running 2:07 laps at Spa in the Stock Cars. Just to put into perspective that is probably 30seconds + faster than a Le Mans GT3 car, a car almost half the weight with more downforce, better brakes and a 6 speed sequential gearbox. Taking it further it's a little slower than an LMP1 car like an AUDI R18, a little faster than an LMP2 car. Do you realise how out of touch with reality this is?

Um yeah I do, I'm not saying it's realistic at all I'm just questioning where you've got these ideas from about how little grip these cars have. When that isn't true when you see the set ups they have IRL. Also if you want to compare GT cars to Stock Cars it's hard to find known tracks, Sonoma is the closest but that doesn't work.


GT6 Stock cars are still not realistic, but that has nothing to do with the fact that they are too easy to drive, they are easier than the real thing by a long shot. iRacing has what we could argue is the closest simulation and it's in a different league to GT6, let alone the fairytales of GT5.

I would agree that it is the best and that's because NASCAR sanctions a series through it and the drivers hold the simulator as close to the real thing, as an F1 driver does to their teams simulator. I say this because of the list of drivers that use them.
 
NASCAR Stock cars in GT5 were massively unrealistic high downforce racing cars with too much stability. Stock cars are big heavy loose racing machines that are hard to drive and have no brakes, even coming out of a draft can send them into a spin.

Understand that NASCAR in GT5 was the joke of the sim racing world, in GT6 they are still easier to drive than in iRacing, which is the premier NASCAR simulator.
And rally too, but at least we have those categories in the game, right?
 
Back