Can you do the nurburgring without crashing or spinning out

  • Thread starter Thread starter Thomas2012
  • 227 comments
  • 20,626 views
berty1979
No :banghead:
I like 'the green hell' but it doesnt like me!
I only ever won 2 online races there out of about 50 attempts :lol:

I have never raced on this track online but I bet your versing very hard cars right? And I have only crashed once driving full speed in a fully tuned Corvette ZR-1
 
Thomas2012
I have never raced on this track online but I bet your versing very hard cars right? And I have only crashed once driving full speed in a fully tuned Corvette ZR-1

My 50 races (this is a guess) were in everything from Miatas to FGT's. I think the problem is I dont practice much here so dont know the track that well. I am happy to laugh at my weakness at Nurburg and make up for it at the other tracks :D

PS- I can do it offline without spinning.
 
Last edited:
I love the 'ring, I used to hate it but then just stopped caring about crashing and/or spinning and spent a while attacking like crazy in some street tuned cars and supercars, so while I'm still nowhere near good all the way round I can do most laps without spinning or crashing.

Last time I went on it I used an F40, untuned on sports hard tyres at night with no HUD or map. With the sound up, sitting in a dark room, I think that's as close as you can get to a zen-like experience in GT5.

Doing the Mercedes Benz AMG academy events do really help, I think, I only have silvers in most of them but they're a well structured approach to learning the track because you run it in sections; doing free runs means you have to wait 8 minutes at least to return to the same corner you got wrong the first time.
 
Last edited:
I can do it without too much trouble, I don't think I have ever lost a race there where I have actually tried.
On a bad day I crash once or twice a lap maybe, its all down to concentration.
And watch out for the corners with canber, they are the tricky ones. It's pretty easy to spin around some even when you aren't on the accelerator. If you take it easy, get the braking done before you turn, take a nice wide line without turning in too aggressively, then wait till the car is straight then put the power down you should be okay.
If you get the canbered corners right you should be able to get the others right 👍
 
Pagey279
I can do it without too much trouble, I don't think I have ever lost a race there where I have actually tried.
On a bad day I crash once or twice a lap maybe, its all down to concentration.
And watch out for the corners with canber, they are the tricky ones. It's pretty easy to spin around some even when you aren't on the accelerator. If you take it easy, get the braking done before you turn, take a nice wide line without turning in too aggressively, then wait till the car is straight then put the power down you should be okay.
If you get the canbered corners right you should be able to get the others right 👍

Yeah concentration helps so much
 
When people all try to be in the lead by Hatzenbach there are always casualties...you've traveled about 0.5% of the track. It would be great to get to Flugplatz without being shunted off, if you are in a quick car, be patient and wait for/create your opportunity to pass. Please, this would make the online experience much better.
 
playing a lot of gt4 you get to know the track, now i know every trick and every line for every corner, i rarely fall off unless the car is a complete pig... VEYRON (splutter)
and dont think ive ever used racing softs on the ring either
 
Gosh I'vev driven on the 'Ring about 200+ times since GT4 so I guess you could say I'm pretty good at it. Although there been a small selection of cars who's rear wheels have touched the grass resulting in a complete spin out...
 
if i go slow enough, then yes...otherwise i'm all over the place.

This. Lol rear wheel drive+bumps=spins almost everytime. I just give up now.
I was just about to finish a lap in the V12 (slow...it was below my last time and that was bad too) and after the straight and first bend after I hit the grass...my word did I fly. I get bored and angry quickly so I can't actually drive there for long.

For me powerful cars are hard to drive there but rear wheel drive cars with power are even worse, I just can not drive well enough or fast enough really :nervous:
 
The difficulty is in learning the track when you have to do the whole thing to try the bit that you crashed at last time. I got better after the AMG driving academy but unless it's the Lupo race I have yet to go clean.
The red and white wall on the outside over the rise early in the lap is going to need a new name I'd suggest Byegad's demise. It doesn't help that the driving line (I'm only a month into driving and have a wheel on order so I'm still using the normal controller, so need all the help I can get.) has no warning before the rise. Damn thet wall! :ouch:
 
During free roam going full out most of the time I can drive it clean, but not during races.
 
Done it in an FGT. Easy? Heck no! Challenging? Ohhhh yea!
 
Yeah.... In a 300hp- Car.... With full ballast.... And under 100 mph...
 
Nice driving OK8! :)

If you are using DFP, cleaning the insides of the pedal set might help with your shaking acceleration issue. Had the same issue myself.
 
Damn good driving there! 👍 the track is hard but for me it's more the car control on cars like the enzo, the f1, the vantage etc. I just cannot go fast and clean without spinning or crashing...the cars don't help getting tail happy most of the time.
 
first of all, avoid using racing tires (especially RS). Using those in a road legal car is playing GT5 in arcade mode really.

secondly, the driving line is way off at some points. Do the AMG academy challenges and steal the racing lines out of the video examples.
 
Had a really good run last night using premium cars, all on screen details and aids off. It really increases the feeling of speed. Used comfort and sports hard tyres. Driving the XJR-9 was terrifying, really felt fast, which it seems is lost when the on screen information is on.
 
I've got every corner of the Nordschleife memorized. It becomes easy not to crash once you know it... but it certainly still happens from time to time depending on how hard i am pushing it.

Best track in the game.

I highlight recommend completing the AMG Special Event. Not only will it teach your the Nordschleife, but you can also win a Mercedez-Benz AMG CLK-GTR.
 
Depends on the car and tires.
mostly I can do it without crashing.

I allways have the wet or off track grip set to "realistic"
So that sometimes causes some trouble when pushing for a (personal)record time
 
If by crashing you mean to leave the road and spin out and have to turn around and get back on the road from a standstill, then yeah, I can do it w/o crashing.

I will tend to leave the track and fall into the grass some, but with narrow bumpy roads that'll happen at least without a wheel.
 
I know i definetly can't i always push it too hard shout Damn! And keep going
It's rare for me to get it right unless its a slow car

The Nurburgring can be pretty overwhelming at first, because of it's size, but like any race track, it just takes practice. GT4 was my first exposure to the track in a racing sim, and it was pretty frustrating at first. But after driving on it in multiple racing sims, and in real life, the track isn't a problem for me at all in GT5. I very rarely spin.
 
I make the often minor mistake but I think I can master it. I especially love driving the Nurgburgring in 500pp cars.
 
One of the main reasons I can do Nurb now without spinning out or crashing has ALOT to do with the GT-R trophy. I can't tell you how many times I spent on that course because of that challenge. Also the AMG Academy has helped hone my skills there as well. I guess at this point I could say I am pretty confident I could push most cars there without crashing or spinning.

The FGT on the other hand...probably not lol.:sly:
 
RUF Yellowbird, comfort hard tyres, full race pace. You keep it clean with that combo, you can call yourself accomplished at the Nurburgring Nordschleife.
 
Nope... for some reason I occasionally get some corners mixed up with other ones and boom. :ouch:
 
This track with a stock BMW E46 M3csl!! It's amazing!!

No problem's with it at all!
Once you know the track... It's more how good you can control the car!
 
It's only a matter of learning it all, like any other track. It just takes much longer to learn it all because it's, well, much longer. Then it takes a little longer to put it all together. Then maybe a little longer due to so many corners having elevation changes and/or looking fairly similar to each other.

Once you stop getting lost, you'll start getting fairly clean laps more and more often. Once you start running clean 3 out of 4 times you can actually start finding speed.
 
Back