Can you paint the HPA Audi TT without losing the decals?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jacob
  • 16 comments
  • 2,120 views
Messages
5,249
Sweden
Gothenburg
Messages
jaco_bin
Sorry for such a pointless question, but I would like to know. Just so I don't lose it forever.
 
yeah you can, i painted mine and didnt lose the decals. you can do that to the T.M. Evo as well.
 
In the future if you don't know if you will lose decals, stripes, etc, just turn off the PS3 before leaving the paint screen.

Paint the car, see how it looks, and before backing out of that screen, turn off the PS3 of your decals go away. It only autosaves when you leave the screen, or maybe GT Auto. Either way, if you turn off the PS3 when you're on the paint screen you'll still have your stock car and paint chip when you reload the game.
 
Even though i like that bright orange... I painted mine... I like the looks of that car. I wish I could find the HPA R32... After watching the bspec 4 hour at Nurb.... I like the looks and sound of that car... Anytime it is in the race it usually gets 2nd or 3rd. Where can I get that car?????
 
Even though i like that bright orange... I painted mine... I like the looks of that car. I wish I could find the HPA R32... After watching the bspec 4 hour at Nurb.... I like the looks and sound of that car... Anytime it is in the race it usually gets 2nd or 3rd. Where can I get that car?????
Used Car Dealership.
 
Even though i like that bright orange... I painted mine... I like the looks of that car. I wish I could find the HPA R32... After watching the bspec 4 hour at Nurb.... I like the looks and sound of that car... Anytime it is in the race it usually gets 2nd or 3rd. Where can I get that car?????

You win it from the tuner championship I think. A-Spec, but I'm not sure. There's a list of prize cars up at the top of this forum.

Also, the used car lot.
 
freedomweasel
You win it from the tuner championship I think. A-Spec, but I'm not sure. There's a list of prize cars up at the top of this forum.

Also, the used car lot.

Yeah not from that as i have won all the a spec races except the 2 24 hour races.
 
Yeah, that's where I got mine. The tuned car Championship
 
I don't think you can get it unless you gold in the championship. In other words you can't gold in each race individually. You have to gold the Championship.
 
ANGRYEAGLE
I don't think you can get it unless you gold in the championship. In other words you can't gold in each race individually. You have to gold the Championship.

Yeah i did... Maybe I missed it... Shall keep looking!
 
In the future if you don't know if you will lose decals, stripes, etc, just turn off the PS3 before leaving the paint screen.

Paint the car, see how it looks, and before backing out of that screen, turn off the PS3 of your decals go away. It only autosaves when you leave the screen, or maybe GT Auto. Either way, if you turn off the PS3 when you're on the paint screen you'll still have your stock car and paint chip when you reload the game.

Wouldn't it be easier to just gamesave before, paint, and restore gamesave. turning off the power mid-game just seems harsh...
 
glw
Wouldn't it be easier to just gamesave before, paint, and restore gamesave. turning off the power mid-game just seems harsh...

Would take longer, and the HDD isn't working during the paint viewing screen (no HDD light), so I don't see how it's a problem. If it makes someone feel better to do it your way though, the end result is the same. 👍
 
In the future if you don't know if you will lose decals, stripes, etc, just turn off the PS3 before leaving the paint screen.

Paint the car, see how it looks, and before backing out of that screen, turn off the PS3 of your decals go away. It only autosaves when you leave the screen, or maybe GT Auto. Either way, if you turn off the PS3 when you're on the paint screen you'll still have your stock car and paint chip when you reload the game.
You don't need to go quite this far. You can just exit the game from the XMB. The game doesn't save until you leave GT Auto, so you can quit anytime before then.
 
You don't need to go quite this far. You can just exit the game from the XMB. The game doesn't save until you leave GT Auto, so you can quit anytime before then.

Cool, I thought that was the case but I didn't want to give the suggestion and have it fail. Thanks for the heads up.
 
Back