Canadian GT Sport Contest Announced: Win Long Beach GP Tickets and Porsche Gear

Thanks for compiling this... I actually wanted to do this myself. You should edit though for tie-breaker rules (I should be in 22nd if you apply tie breaker rules, but if you sort solely by total time I have a feeling the ranks would change significantly).

Can you post a link to a google spreadsheet document perhaps?

Same, I want to see a list by total time as well

That's better than where I expected to finish, either by points or by total time. Thanks for that! 👍

Here's the same table sorted by total time... feeling good just to be in the top half :D

Attachments

• Book1.jpg
    Book1.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 50
Idk of the other finalist would be interested in doing this, but I️ figures WTH why not:

Bio:

Andrew Waring
Barrie, On
October 20,1993
Job: Mechanical Engineer- Aerospace Manufacturing Plant

Daily Driver: 2015 VW GTI

Been racing GT since 2010 but retired in 2013 because of GT Acadmy Drama.

Bought GT Sport/PS4 in November (loving every second of it)

Favourite car: Porsche 911 RSR
Favourite Track: Mosport
Favourite driver: Austin Milwain (karter)

I️ raced karts myself for 13 years and was ranked 4th in Canada for Sr Rotax in 2010. Retired from karts in 2011.

Look forward to meeting everyone at the event :)

Last edited:
Here's the same table sorted by total time... feeling good just to be in the top half :D

I’d love to see each persons fastest laps from the race. See who was consistent over fast. Because that wins races

I’d love to see each persons fastest laps from the race. See who was consistent over fast. Because that wins races

Check out my replays for heat 3 in-game. Search tag "pfaff". I had a really good drive at Brands, and if I didn't back off massively on the last lap my total race time would easily have been under 18 minutes.

Man... I’m gonna say that for someone that never competed in Motorsport of any kind, I did pretty ok! lol
Feels like I have a lot to catch up to.

And I’m “old”. 32 now.

I'm not far behind; I turn 32 in June. Never done motorsports either, though I've been at this win-money-playing-GT thing for a while now:

upload_2018-2-14_11-16-41.png

19-year-old me needed a haircut. And better taste in victory drinks — there's a mix of Amaretto and Coke in there:

upload_2018-2-14_11-17-31.png

I'm not far behind; I turn 32 in June. Never done motorsports either, though I've been at this win-money-playing-GT thing for a while now:

View attachment 714498

19-year-old me needed a haircut. And better taste in victory drinks — there's a mix of Amaretto and Coke in there:

View attachment 714499

That cheque is so old it’s probably worth $25,000 now.

I’m also the same age bracket, 27. My taste in cars is definitely far more mundane than the surveys above though.

Bio:

Chris
Mississauga, On
June 94'
Job: Special Risk Insurance / MD student

Daily Driver: 2013 Subaru BRZ with JR supercharger

Been racing GT since 2005 when my cousins and I would play gt3.

Bought GT Sport when it came out and was part of closed beta - love nations cup

Favourite car: Lexus RCF GT3/996 Turbo
Least Favourite Car: Porsche RSR GT3
Favourite Track: Mosport/ Virginia International (VIR)
Favourite driver: Daniel Ricciardo

Bio:

Chris
Mississauga, On
June 94'
Job: Special Risk Insurance / MD student

Daily Driver: 2013 Subaru BRZ with JR supercharger

Been racing GT since 2005 when my cousins and I would play gt3.

Bought GT Sport when it came out and was part of closed beta - love nations cup

Favourite car: Lexus RCF GT3/996 Turbo
Least Favourite Car: Porsche RSR GT3
Favourite Track: Mosport/ Virginia International (VIR)
Favourite driver: Daniel Ricciardo

You must really hate this car for it to slot below all those other crappy econo-boxes and abominations such as the PT Cruiser :lol:

You must really hate this car for it to slot below all those other crappy econo-boxes and abominations such as the PT Cruiser :lol:
I hate it both in principle that it’s gone mid engine (why not just make a bad ass Cayman) and because in gt sport I can’t stand driving it haha.

Also watch yo’ mouth on econoboxes i rented a Nissan Versa note when my old sti blew up and it was my favourite car I’ve ever driven in Toronto, the steering rack is faster than my BRZ and it changes direction like a house fly

I hate it both in principle that it’s gone mid engine (why not just make a bad ass Cayman) and because in gt sport I can’t stand driving it haha.

Also watch yo’ mouth on econoboxes i rented a Nissan Versa note when my old sti blew up and it was my favourite car I’ve ever driven in Toronto, the steering rack is faster than my BRZ and it changes direction like a house fly

Drifting away from the topic for a bit...

They went mid engine, so they could put that monster (in a good way) diffuser in the back.

Haha, fair enough. I just think econoboxes are boring... no matter how good of a rack it has.

Is there a practice session the day before our or race or something? Pedals and steering will need some getting used to, more than the 15 min qualy session i believe. I mean we need to find the right ffb setting, etc

Is there a practice session the day before our or race or something? Pedals and steering will need some getting used to, more than the 15 min qualy session i believe. I mean we need to find the right ffb setting, etc

That 15min session is the learning experience haha

I’m going to the Auto Show tomorrow so I’ll try my hand at that Forza tournament there, even though I’ve never played Forza 7 and don’t own an Xbox.

I'll be there this evening. Since they're using controllers, I doubt you'll have a hard time pulling fastest lap!

Been lurking for far too long haha

Dave
Toronto, On
April 93'
Urban Planning Dalhousie U

Daily Driver: 2003 Toyota Sequoia (she will not break)

Played GT6 for a few years, bought a PS4 and GTsport for this tournament on January 23. Must say this game feels different to gt6, and I've been trying everything to catch up

Fav car: Koenigsegg, any model
Least fav: anything front wheel drive
Track: nurburgring nordschleife. had the honour of being there in September as a copilot in a Merc AMG GT-R
Driver: Robert Kubica

This is shaping up to be quite the weekend. looking forward to meeting you guys. Peace

Last edited:
Would love for them to do something like this in the UK! Has anything like this been done in UK before?

Edit: Not that I'd be anywhere near, but nice to compete at least lol

I’m going to the Auto Show tomorrow so I’ll try my hand at that Forza tournament there, even though I’ve never played Forza 7 and don’t own an Xbox.

I tried it on Sunday. The setup leaves a lot to be desired. You have to sign up for each attempt, and they're only recording the fastest laps. However, since it's a one-lap race, the people that are (randomly) seeded at the back of the grid get an advantage, since they cross the line at a greater speed. You can sit at the start for 30 seconds to try to avoid the traffic, but the average player is so bad that you'll probably still run into them. I did at a wet Suzuka, and of course they ran me off.

There's also no accounting for people running dirty laps. Oh yeah, I was told it'd be the same track every day when I was there on Media Day, but it seems its cycling out daily. The car stays the same though (M3 GTS).

That said, I made it to the top six. I just checked the stream (Feb 18), and they never did update to my fastest time (a 2:37.1). Honestly, it's run really poorly, but there are some genuinely fast Forza people out there!

I tried it on Sunday. The setup leaves a lot to be desired. You have to sign up for each attempt, and they're only recording the fastest laps. However, since it's a one-lap race, the people that are (randomly) seeded at the back of the grid get an advantage, since they cross the line at a greater speed. You can sit at the start for 30 seconds to try to avoid the traffic, but the average player is so bad that you'll probably still run into them. I did at a wet Suzuka, and of course they ran me off.

There's also no accounting for people running dirty laps. Oh yeah, I was told it'd be the same track every day when I was there on Media Day, but it seems its cycling out daily. The car stays the same though (M3 GTS).

That said, I made it to the top six. I just checked the stream (Feb 18), and they never did update to my fastest time (a 2:37.1). Honestly, it's run really poorly, but there are some genuinely fast Forza people out there!

Why on earth would they put everyone in the same session if its just a lap?? Why not let people just run time trials...

https://www.autoshow.ca/esport-motorsport-gaming/

Apparently they're doing the BMW M4 on Yas Marina Circuit today... so seems they switched up both the car and track. Edit: car said M4 on the game race results screen but the visuals show its M4 GTS...lol fail

Last edited:
Why on earth would they put everyone in the same session if its just a lap?? Why not let people just run time trials...

Because... esports!

Apparently they're doing the BMW M4 on Yas Marina Circuit today... so seems they switched up both the car and track. Edit: car said M4 on the game race results screen but the visuals show its M4 GTS...lol fail

The game typically shows a shortened name for cars. If there's multiples of a model (like the M3), it'll show model year and basic model name, not trim.

Ah, Yas Marina — a track infamous for the ability to cut corners. I'm sure that'll end well.

Back