Canadian GT Sport Contest Announced: Win Long Beach GP Tickets and Porsche Gear

Looks like another email went out. The races are going to be supervised and there will be deductions in points for incidents. Here's the most important bit.

That might affect the line of many drivers for taking Westfield Bend, and Sheen's on Brands... A lot of drivers I've seen get their outside tires on the curbs and inside tires over the grass.

Yeah... I’d like to know where the limit is. And I hope they don’t deduct points for cutting in qualy. Just invalidate the lap. We gotta try to shave tenths.

Yeah... I’d like to know where the limit is.

Granted I am not affected by this competition but I have been a long time supporter of track limits should be "always have two tires on the tarmac".

Not the curbs, or concrete outside of the tarmac limits bit on the actual track itself.

This would make the limits the exact same regardless of the track or corner in question and make understanding the allowable limits be uniform throughout the game.

Hard for limits to be confusing that way.

If two tires are not on the tracks tarmac you are in penalty territory. It is so simple but so many seem to object although the rules would be identical and easily understood and comprehended by ALL racers in GTS.

Minor contact is going to be hard to avoid at the narrow tracks we’re racing on. That concerns me more than cutting the track since I’m not usually the type to try too hard to avoid contact

With those rules I could see everyone ending on 0 points. Knowing competitions in the past from both sides of the curtain, there's no possible way to police what they're saying fairly. Should be interesting to see what happens especially with in-game penalties added in also.

With those rules I could see everyone ending on 0 points. Knowing competitions in the past from both sides of the curtain, there's no possible way to police what they're saying fairly. Should be interesting to see what happens especially with in-game penalties added in also.

As I see, either you put in a person watching each racer, or turn the penalties on.

Granted I am not affected by this competition but I have been a long time supporter of track limits should be "always have two tires on the tarmac".

Not the curbs, or concrete outside of the tarmac limits bit on the actual track itself.

This would make the limits the exact same regardless of the track or corner in question and make understanding the allowable limits be uniform throughout the game.

Hard for limits to be confusing that way.

If two tires are not on the tracks tarmac you are in penalty territory. It is so simple but so many seem to object although the rules would be identical and easily understood and comprehended by ALL racers in GTS.
Pretty funny that you basically need a guy looking over your shoulder to figure out penalties in a 2018 video game when proper track limits and penalties could have been hard coded into the game.

As I see, either you put in a person watching each racer, or turn the penalties on.

They have the penalties set to strong already so that should do the trick since you can’t get away with much on these tracks anyway. Considering how many people there are racing, isn’t it impossible with the lobby size to watch everyone?

Found out yesterday that I have a wake in Back at my home in Newfoundland on that weekend of the finals. So there’s no point in stage 2 tomorrow, feel sorry for potentially wasting another competitors spot in my heat. Good luck to everyone! And hope everyone races well. Just wish I didn’t waste so much time on practicing lmao.

Found out yesterday that I have a wake in Back at my home in Newfoundland on that weekend of the finals. So there’s no point in stage 2 tomorrow, feel sorry for potentially wasting another competitors spot in my heat. Good luck to everyone! And hope everyone races well. Just wish I didn’t waste so much time on practicing lmao.

Very sorry to hear that.

Was looking forward to our race.

Well I've not spent nearly enough time practicing, but running with you guys tonight definitely helped. Broke into the 1:29s in our last Brands race, and I'm okay with that!

Good luck to all tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing lots of GTP names in the final. :gtpflag:

Really sorry to hear that man! Big hugs.

I’m completely out to lunch speed wise, the car drives worse since the update and it’s widened the gap between auto and manual even more. I just wish PD would get with the times and let you shift the auto transmission yourself (semi-automatic) like PCARS, since that’s how pretty much every car in real life is now anyway. I can handle shifting once or twice a lap but not all the time. There’s no feel of what the car’s doing and I always really struggle with anything with high grip, since in GT6 I raced with CS tires 99% of the time and my driving style is too cautious into the corners. I can do 29.8 if I run a perfect lap but I’m like 30.6 most of the time. I’ll practice Nurb all morning to figure out braking points. Still can’t figure out brake bias, I’ve been running +1 at Brands and +3 at Nurb, but the car still understeers most of the time. I don’t really get anything out of practice if I don’t have a ghost to race against. I usually don’t practice at all for anything, so it’s hard to change that.

Last edited:
I found practicing with the fast guys helped. I too would've loved a ghost to chase, but I trimmed a bunch of time off my best last night while practicing with the guys. I even ran my fastest lap during today's race.

I've shared the two qualifier replays right now on GT Sport. I'd say it shows how I was clearly divebombed in T2 of the second lap at Brands, but I'm not sure how much that'd change the final outcome considering what a hash I made of the Nurb race. I feel bad for Monizel; I tried to keep an inside line during T3 there but it looks like us grazing each other caused him to go off track. I know he was having connection issues but I feel bad nonetheless.

And then there's the most accurate username...

I found practicing with the fast guys helped. I too would've loved a ghost to chase, but I trimmed a bunch of time off my best last night while practicing with the guys. I even ran my fastest lap during today's race.

I've shared the two qualifier replays right now on GT Sport. I'd say it shows how I was clearly divebombed in T2 of the second lap at Brands, but I'm not sure how much that'd change the final outcome considering what a hash I made of the Nurb race. I feel bad for Monizel; I tried to keep an inside line during T3 there but it looks like us grazing each other caused him to go off track. I know he was having connection issues but I feel bad nonetheless.

And then there's the most accurate username...

I talked to him after the race. He was just frustrated. But watching the replays was really funny! Lol he was overly aggressive, then got unlucky with an unghosting car... then it was Burnout Paradise for 2 minutes with you... then I passed him, he tried to pass me back, I lost a bit of the control because I was not expecting him to try to pass there... we touched a bit and he went into the sandbox.

What I meant is: he’s ok. Just got really upset. We'll have more championships to race, and now we all got a bunch of friends! And the training sessions for this championship really improved my game!

I don’t like those tracks, as I stated countless times before. Still, I managed to lap 1:29.2 at Brands! And went from 9:15 to 8:58 in Nurb!

Thanks everybody! It was a great experience!

So I'm still in disbelief that I qualified. I despise Brands Hatch with nearly every fibre of my being and until today I'm not sure I've ever done a clean lap of the Nuburgring. A sort of do or die switch flipped in my head and took over nervous wreck me that I was 5 minutes before the lobby opened. The first race was very hard fought with TheStig1296. We traded mistakes every so often but I was ahead from lap 3 on I think. Both races I probably had pace to catch Deutschbag416 but mistakes quelled that opportunity. Overall it was much cleaner than I expected, but if I get more than the 300 bucks for last place at the finals I'll impress even myself. I know I'm not the fastest but I think I'm further from it than I initially anticipated. Great competition out there, I look forward to repping GTP at the finals.

Well it was over a month of waiting for me as I️ made the first qually round. I️ really hate that GT4 Cayman. I️ think it’s the worst GR4 car. I️ just wanted to get top 4 both races and that’s what I️ did. Now it’s on the the 911 RSR which is by far my favourite car in the game.

Also Putput44 put on a master class race walking Away in both heats with impressive pace and huge balls , every corner looked like he was kissing the track paint. I️ was tense watching you.

Thank you Worldgaming for letting us compete in this awesome competition. I️ look forward to meeting everyone who’s made it.

It was a hard fought competition, everyone was definitely on point in my heat. I was relying on consistency and patience getting me ahead because I just didn't have the faster pace for BHGP. Great first battle with you @vvise. Second race at Nurb 24H was a tough one. Although I made minimal mistakes, while in 5th place my wheel glitched on me, pausing the game on its own and once actually taking me to the PS Home menu, which greatly lowered my chances of catching any of the top 4. Nonetheless, it was an amazing battle with beating_the_odds for 5th, and he exercised a great deal of sportsmanship letting me stay ahead the first time my wheel spazzed out, so kudos to him.

Apparently one of the other competitors (Deutschbag416) with the same wheel and base (599 Evo Alcantara edition & T300RS) experienced the same issue during one of his races, so this will definitely be something to follow up on with Thrustmaster.

It was great racing with you all, competing at this level has definitely been an experience. Good luck to the top 16 at the finals. I'm based out of downtown Toronto so I may make the trip to watch it all go down live.

Unless some crazy disqualifications happen I'm not getting an email. However here's my footage from the race. You can see the first 3 lap battle with @EvoGT89. He clearly out paces me but I'm able to beat him at the start and hold him off for a bit. I thought about getting the undercut then challenging on the straight but it wasn't worth the risk so I just gave him a small bump draft and backed off.

The second race starts here. No real action for me, but I get a good view of Evo and beatin_the_odds battling for a while.

PS. I think our heat had the fastest race times for both races, but I think I would have placed 6th/7th regardless of the group. Thanks for the great races guys.

I went through the official 'Rules and Regulations' forms from World Gaming and it shows the 2nd round grid order was based on the Race of Champions Qualifier that we just finished.

'For Stage One, Finalists will be sorted into their respective heats based on the results of the Race of Champions Qualifier, as follows (for reference, "H1-1" = 1st from Heat 1 in the Race of Champions Qualifier, "H2-2" = 2nd in Heat 2 in the Race of Champions Qualifier, etc.):
Heat 1 : H1-1, H2-2, H3-3, H4-4, H3-1, H4-2, H1-3, H2-4
Heat 2 : H2-1, H3-2, H4-3, H1-4, H4-1, H1-2, H2-3, H3-4

Based on this and from Race Of Champions Qualifier Results from the World Gaming web page, the heats should look like this:

Heat 1:
Silvia_Drift, Monster-Sport71, Deutschbag416, JGOERTZ5, hotsaucer, Djow-Al, ImEbrahimX7, beatin_the_odds

Heat 2:
putput44, RacingKing89674, TheRaceboy77, Speeding_Kadi, Nic-KL, Micky_MikE88, Turismo-lester, The-EH-team-43

Top 4 from each heat race will advance to Stage 2. In the event of a tie for points, they will base it on quickest overall combined race time from race 1 and race 2.

Good luck to all of the 'Final 16', and I look forward to meeting you all. I definitely will be doing a lot of practicing over the next two weeks, and you can add me to your friends list if you want to turn in some laps together.

Last edited:
I would have pasted this in text as a table but I can't do that here. Here's a screenshot of the overall results compiled from here: https://inside.worldgaming.com/canadian-championship-series-gt-sport-results/

I feel bad for hOt6o4bOi, he tied with beatin_the_odds for 4th but lost out on the tie breaker. That's close!

180213033456.png

Thanks for compiling this... I actually wanted to do this myself. You should edit though for tie-breaker rules (I should be in 22nd if you apply tie breaker rules, but if you sort solely by total time I have a feeling the ranks would change significantly).

Can you post a link to a google spreadsheet document perhaps?

Back