Djow-Al
ianismrt
MonzaGorilla
Nic-KL
p_stancu
automan24
Acuratepaul
FernandoHamilton
Congratulations to all those who made it, looking forward to watching the race!

I'm sure WorldGaming has the rights to that, they are an e-sports platform after all with their own Twitch channel.

I don’t know if they’re putting it on twitch though, they only promised the finals. Twitch and esports are completely foreign to me anyway, and I’ll never think of them again after this is over. Watching other people play video games has about as much appeal to me as going to watch a live race at a road course.

But I do want to watch these

I don’t know if they’re putting it on twitch though, they only promised the finals. Twitch and esports are completely foreign to me anyway, and I’ll never think of them again after this is over. Watching other people play video games has about as much appeal to me as going to watch a live race at a road course.

So you scream and jump like a kid when watching twitch?

I can't confirm if they're going to be live streaming these - I doubt they wouldn't though.
I'm going to e-mail Curtis and see what he says, maybe I can coordinate something.

So you scream and jump like a kid when watching twitch?

Haha, I’d rather watch paint dry than watch a bunch of cars go by every few minutes sometimes in a slightly different order or a bunch of people shoot each other virtually or try to beat Pokémon really fast.

That said, if they can compact road courses enough (a la rallycross and “Rovals”) that you can see the whole track, I am jumping up and down and screaming. ESports is just hopeless.

A trip to long beach would be nice after having this brutal winter!

I highly recommend the captains boil to anyone who makes it out to vaughan btw :lol:

I highly recommend the captains boil to anyone who makes it out to vaughan btw :lol:

That is, if you like shrimp that hasn't be de-veined or shelled and basically boiled and dressed with butter then served to you in a bag......................
I've only been once, and it wasn't anything special - more of an "experience" not very tasty.

My experience may have been an outlier though, as my coworker had a good time.

Haha, I’d rather watch paint dry than watch a bunch of cars go by every few minutes sometimes in a slightly different order or a bunch of people shoot each other virtually or try to beat Pokémon really fast

I highly recommend leaving immediately to anyone who goes to Vaughan

Good luck to everyone in heat 3!

We’ll all be racing hard for 3rd behind you and RK.

I’m probably the one on the sand on T1, but don’t lose all hope!

I absolutely hate racing in Brands and Nurb24, but those are tracks where people may make a mistake and lose a lot of time. In a race situation, it’s hard coming back.

I’m probably the one on the sand on T1, but don’t lose all hope!

I absolutely hate racing in Brands and Nurb24, but those are tracks where people may make a mistake and lose a lot of time. In a race situation, it’s hard coming back.

I don't have much time to practice, I feel like I'm definitely going to be behind the 8-ball compared to you guys.
However, I hope I can get consistent enough at Nurb to put up an 8:30 or so.

I don't have much time to practice, I feel like I'm definitely going to be behind the 8-ball compared to you guys.
However, I hope I can get consistent enough at Nurb to put up an 8:30 or so.

Wow... you guys? I’m currently running 9 minutes at the ring and 1:29.7 at Brands.
I’m with you guys. The Human Resistance!

Wow... you guys? I’m currently running 9 minutes at the ring and 1:29.7 at Brands.
I’m with you guys. The Human Resistance!

It really is easy to pickup 10 seconds at a time on Nurb24h, it's a love/hate relationship, the track is such a joy to drive - when I get into a rhythm it feels so good - no other track can achieve that for me, at the same time - when I mess something up, it hurts so much more.

It really is easy to pickup 10 seconds at a time on Nurb24h, it's a love/hate relationship, the track is such a joy to drive - when I get into a rhythm it feels so good - no other track can achieve that for me, at the same time - when I mess something up, it hurts so much more.

Yeah... I love driving there, but racing...

Anything in the 28’s at brands is fast. But like you said keeping a clean race will be key. I️ spun on over practice race there yesterday. So anyone has a shot

I really have mixed feelings about this championship. My goal was to get into the best 40, but now that I’m “here”, feels like I’m so far from the fastest guys that it lost its meaning. I want more! I want that elusive 1 second!

I really have mixed feelings about this championship. My goal was to get into the best 40, but now that I’m “here”, feels like I’m so far from the fastest guys that it lost its meaning. I want more! I want that elusive 1 second!

I'm the opposite.
I'm kind've glad I made it into the top 40, but now I'm nervous that if I do get lucky and make it to the final 16 - I'm going to embarrass myself.......

Anyone care to share some hot laps of nurb? I’m at the 8:49’s right now :P
I ran an 8:57 last night.

Can anyone confirm that BOP is on for these races?
The Cayman is a pretty garbage car with BOP as the gear ratios are horrible with the reduction in power and added weight, there is no reason for BOP to be on if we're all driving the same damn car.

Can anyone confirm that BOP is on for these races?
The Cayman is a pretty garbage car with BOP as the gear ratios are horrible with the reduction in power and added weight, there is no reason for BOP to be on if we're all driving the same damn car.

Already confirmed with Cineplex tournament management that BOP will be on.

Thanks, doesn't make sense that it's turned on, but at least I didn't practice last night with it off - like I did the other day...

You're not alone... I was practicing with it off at first. I wouldn't have expected it would be activated but perhaps it's a preventative measure so that they can have extra certainty that all cars will be equal on the track. I didn't touch GT Sport (frequented Pcars2) prior to this competition being announced so I didn't even know about all this BoP stuff until just weeks ago.

With all the glitches still in this game (i.e. tire regeneration) I suppose it was a wise decision on their part.

Anyone care to share some hot laps of nurb? I’m at the 8:49’s right now :P

Is this from a standing start or hot lapping? I've mostly only ran 1 lap races. Current pace from a grid start is around 9:15 but still haven't had a single totally clean lap. It's not fast but I'm having fun :)

I did the circuit challenge for it and it helped me in the sections I'm struggling in. Got a gold time first attempt and honestly it was easy to get compared to just trying to keep the Cayman on the road with all the assists off.

Is this from a standing start or hot lapping? I've mostly only ran 1 lap races. Current pace from a grid start is around 9:15 but still haven't had a single totally clean lap. It's not fast but I'm having fun :)

I did the circuit challenge for it and it helped me in the sections I'm struggling in. Got a gold time first attempt and honestly it was easy to get compared to just trying to keep the Cayman on the road with all the assists off.

The 8:57 was a hotlap.

Drive circuit experience with all the assists off, you'll find that M6 to be an absolute wreck compared to the Cayman.
I can keep the Cayman on the track no issue at all, my errors come from when I'm pushing it too much, trying to brake as little as possible and flying through tricky sections at higher speeds.

Just an FYI everyone - the latest GT Sport update 1.12 claims to have slightly tweaked the handling of the Cayman GT4 CS to “improve mid-corner handling”.

It looks like they made changes to all the MR cars giving them more stability and rear end grip. Here's hoping it gives me more consistency on the ring.

Looks like another email went out. The races are going to be supervised and there will be deductions in points for incidents. Here's the most important bit.

Penalties and Points deducted:
  • Shortcutting track boundaries or major wall collisions; two wheels must remain on the track surface at all times (one point deducted per incident)
  • Moderate contact with another car (two points deducted per incident)
  • Major contact with another car, resulting in one or more cars losing their positions (five points deducted per incident)

As a note, points are deducted from those awarded after each race.

That might affect the line of many drivers for taking Westfield Bend, and Sheen's on Brands... A lot of drivers I've seen get their outside tires on the curbs and inside tires over the grass.

Back