Cancelled due to people having poor reactions :D

• Thread starter berty1979
  • 1,143 comments

What is your preferred race distance for this series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be tough tonight, Monaco on this game is modelled completely differently to GT5, it's soooo much tighter, and a lot of unseen barriers that can catch you out.

Yes there will be some swearing, threats and in Spurgy's case probably some tears. We should pull through if we are strong :)

I might get 30 mins practice later if I am lucky too!

:lol: at the way that you are always on hand to help put the boot into Ben.

Just had a practice and not impressed :lol:

Last edited:
The Monaco in this game is a lot more realistic, but (partially) due to lag, overtaking is basically impossible :eek:. I haven't driven Monaco for a while, so hopefully I'll get about an hour of practice to get back up to speed. Hopefully for a 1:08.xxx.

Also very nervous, because I don't have a good setup. I have a few okay setups, but I don't have a setup I feel really confident in. But luckily the damage isn't too realistic in this game and you can kiss the wall pretty hard and not damage the car :)

There are a couple of spots overtaking is barely possible, but apart from that it's single file traffic. It may frustrate people into making stupid moves :nervous:

Sandman you will like this, just did a demolition derby on Racedriver Grid and had a pretty awesome collision :D

Sorry about the music, forgot it was on :dopey:

Yeah, it's not too hard to overtake AI on career mode, but with the lag you might think that you're able to overtake and then one or both of you is into the armco, depending on where you try it. Hopefully I'll get pole, go in fast mix, and pull away :)

Fingers crossed that I can get quick in an hour :eek:.

Also, my tyre wear is horrible here, is anyone else having this provlem?

I still haven't done any practice, but I've gotten a 1:08.5ish in the past.

EDIT: Starting practice now, half hour to go until the race :)

Last edited:
:lol: on my very first attempt I broke my front wing. That said, the first sector was very quick :)!

Second attempt, a 1:09.7 on first lap, broken front wing/ puncture on second lap.

Third attempt spun out :( this is getting annoying...

Fourth attempt was slow :( Now to try 20% race, maybe I'll get some consistency?

Last edited:
I have done 1:08's i the past but with crazy AI i'm looking at 1:20's. I also hate this track coz i can't drink my beer, i either have to upshift or downshift every other second (looking into a drinks bottle setup). Get stuck behind traffic here and you'll be like Jenson vs Heki and we all know how that ended.

Alright, I tried a differant approach to the setup, and I feel a lot more confident now. I was on pace for a 1:08.9xx but I hit traffic. Now I think I might have a small chance to win :)

Unless of course it rains... 🤬

Session time has expired, and I'm in pole with a 1:09.255 :) Hopefully no first corner incidents, and hopefully I'll figure out a tyre strategy :)

I came close to people in quali, so hopefully I didn't hit anyone. On my screen it was all good, but If I did hit anyone I'm sorry.

Fingers crossed no first corner incidents...

Last edited:
Its over for me guys. I look forward to this race every week but every race so far bar one someone PIT's me before I can even get going. I guess people want the win too much. My patience is gone, some of you guys are 🤬 useless.

Hopefully I can get a smaller championship going with the 'good old boys' so I dont lose touch completely!

Last edited:
Race results.

falcon
indy
jcm
artman
entersandman
pagey
worduphomes
m8h3r
mike
onthelimit - retired
etid- retired
rrhyfelwr - retired
dj- dsq
scalebreaker- dsq

Race results.

falcon
indy
jcm
artman
entersandman
pagey
worduphomes
m8h3r
mike
onthelimit - retired
etid- retired
rrhyfelwr - retired
dj- dsq
scalebreaker- dsq

I wasn't disqualified, I retired at lap 21 in 11th place.

Last edited:
Miserable race for me. Got pole, got a clean start and everything was set for victory. On the lap where I was going to make my first stop, Etid made a mistake in the third sector chicane, and then rejoined the track right into my car! Broke half my front wing off, and I lost so much time in the pit stop that I come out 2nd. From then on I just couldn't focus very well, at any other track that would have been a few tenths less per lap, but here that meant I hit the armco every lap and broke my wing twice, entirely my fault both times. Passed Artmann on the last lap for 3rd, but I looked back and his wing was gone, so I hope it wasn't my fault but it probably was. Because of the lag this game has, I managed to give his car a slight touch in the hairpin, while being .4 seconds down! I hope it wasn't my fault that his wing was broken, but I apologize if it was.

Had difficulties with lapped traffic, as this is Monaco, and hopefully it mostly went smooth. I'm sorry Mike T for our incidents, they were entirely my fault. The 2nd half of the incidents I didn't what to do, as I didn't have a front wing, but you were a lap down and I ended up locking up and hitting your car, so sorry.

I think I might pull out of this championship, but it might be closing anyway. Too many people, which creates too much lag, and too many incidents. I hate feeling scared to come close to people because I don't know where I am on their screen. I'm not sure that I want to leave though, as it can be fun sometimes, so I'll stay for now, but if a reserve wants a permanent spot really badly I'll let them take mine.

Yeah, I want to quit too.

The game is so bad compared to F1 2010 anyway. I want to start a league for that game instead.

Brett :( please don't go we <3 you, but if you cant continue I may quit but we'll see

Surprised I only had 1 accident (entirely my fault) on this track, I spun on those S-curves and damaged my front wing but I was too stubborn to pit ah well, new record for me but my downfall was my pit strategy, since I used so much tire wear in qualy I had to pit in lap 6, thus ruining my strategy completely, should've stuck with primes all the way but anyway my 4th stop cost me the race and gave Falcon the win but anyway it was good for Monaco sorry to Brett for his misfortune and I'll take 2nd

Well my first race. Would have preferred it to be on any track apart from monaco but still. I found it fun and if there is still a championship next time I'd be happy to run again.

One thing I did know is my pit crew are useless at relaying information to me. Twice I piled through crashed cars hidden round Armco with no pit crew warning or yellows. The Mclaren was see-through and even though I slammed the brakes on it was too late, fortunately I think I went through fine so no worries there. The Torro-Rosso or Redbull that spun just before the pit entrance sorry for crashing into the rear of you. As mentioned I had no warning you was there and just expected a clear track.

Also sorry to the driver of one Sauber. As you came to lap me I clipped the wall and you know how the game can be, anyway story cut short I did a full 360 and I'm sure it gave you a scare but I think we both came unscathed.

Well here's me race report:

I qualified as expected, just behind the front runners in 5th. I got off to a clean start and managed to sneak up the inside of Artman which was completely unintended and someone hit me from behind which shoved my car up there, so sorry if it seemed a little rough Artman but it wasn't my doing.

The top 3 pulled away as I knew they would and I was holding up Artman and to some extent Sandman, but after a few laps I missed my braking point at the 4th corner and went into the wall, which pushed my car out onto the track and I caught Artman, and Sandman and I were side by side going into the super tight left hand hairpin and I turned in as early as I could, and was on full lock but my car clipped Sandman.
I was at this point the message came up on screen telling me I had caused a collision and had a drive through :ouch: I presume it was for the contact with Sandman, but either way it wasn't a penalty :(

I came in and served it and was on my own for the next 13 or so laps but then when I was on horrificly worn tyres Sandman caught me and I was all over then shop, he probably wondered what the hell I was doing but I just had no grip left whatsoever. How they pit crew thought I could do that amount of laps on those tyres I have no idea.

At this point 6th was guaranteed so I just bimbled around not expecting to catch Sandman as I was a pitstop behind but I think he did a 4 stop strategy??
So when I stopped for last time I did a lap or two then sandman came out a few seconds down the road after pitting, result :D
I put my foot down and got it down to 1.5 seconds but I after that I couldn't string a lap together so I was going to back off, right when he half spun and I got through.
So I knew all I had to do is keep it on the track and sandman in my mirrors and 5th was mine. So of course on the next lap I clip the barrier and spin!!!

A good race, and a fairly good finish, it's just a shame only 9 people crossed the line when 14 started 👎

Please don't end this championship Brett, from what Wordup was saying after the race the incident where you got spun out was the game messing up. Apparently your car was across the road, and looked as though it was a ghost car, so you could drive through it. But when someone did your car was solid resulting in you being spun out.

Jcm, miserable race coming 3rd!! Dont know how you can deal with such bad luck! :lol: As far as the championship goes, I'm just racing for some fun because where its so easy to crash/dc and the fact I cant compete with the really fast people up front, im not really here to win, but as I thought, this game just isn't fun, even with people who dont take each other out on purpose like online. Its too easy to spin someone or get spinned yourself.

Qualified 2nd after one bad lap on the primes and then a better lap on the options. Had a better launch than JCM but again couldn't do anything with it again and dropped to third. Then brett dropped out and thinking there would be a rerun but when he went off line I thought better continue. Went one lap too far on the first stint and damaged my wing as a result, decided to do a prime stint and spun two laps into it. Whoops...
Still plugged away only to see others on a different strategy and I thought mine could still work and after my final pitstop going back on the options saw that Indy was ahead but closed up and he pitted so I had to nurse it come surviving two late scares with Mike and Pagey to win.

1st win for me and I hope we continue racing.

this game just isn't fun, even with people who dont take each other out on purpose like online. Its too easy to spin someone or get spinned yourself.

No, it isn't fun. You should buy F1 2010 and have your mind re-ignited. i'm going to start a league for that game soon. Going to get my first one back up off it's feet first though.

I think our best bet it to stop doing any more championships on F1 or GT5 but instead just get all of the usual's onto GT5 on Wednesday nights and just do some fun races from 6 till 11 or something. Just to get all of the PTRA lads together for a muck around and a bit of banter. I would prefer this than getting smashed around every race of F1 and I'm sure a lot of other people would.

We could do some classic games on GT5:

- Cat & Mouse
- The Nurbo Nascar and Subaru thing (forgot name)
- Shuffle races (dirty and clean)
- Rallying
- DTM's
- One makes
- Dirty Nascar
- LMP's
- Go karts

Loads of fun games just to have a laugh and not get annoyed! :)

My mind is made up. If I had a replay then I could deal with people but as there isnt one available I am cancelling. Apologies to the guys who are careful but its just a waste of my evening playing bumper cars.

See some of you for GT6 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back