Cappuccino Cup Racing Series :: SEASON 2 PODIUM: Wardez, WiiFreak, dsgerbc/dmanaenk!!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 838 comments
Testing in my lounge. Feel free to come by.

Also Fluff408. You may reconsider tuning/practice in an open lobby when we race in private lounge. ;) tires warm up much slower in private lounge.

So long as I don't get called away, I'll try and make it tonight.

My FR is still pending, I added BrandonW77. My PSN is Freakyweakywoo, do you need me to send the request again?

unreal, just freaking unreal. now i cant get back into the room lol

this game hates me lol

maybe ill buy me a fifty foot cord and try it wired instead of wireless.

Good race, car felt good through out the whole thing. Could you add total times to the spreadsheet Brandon or Brosif?

Started on pole, lead the whole thing - not much to report.

See you all soon.

Congrats to Wardez on a dominating performance tonight. A tip of the hat to everyone, from my point of view I saw a lot if clean, smart racing. 👍 to all. See you all tomorrow!

imagelpe.jpg

Good race, car felt good through out the whole thing. Could you add total times to the spreadsheet Brandon or Brosif?

Will do, I'll update the current ones.

Linu, I think a cord would do you a work of good. 👍

Excellent display of racing sportsmanship tonight for everyone! I passed quite a few, and got passed by quite a few, and I'm pretty sure my Capp didn't even have a scratch at the end of it. Good show!

Had a good time fellas.

I had a little incident with the only Aussie, cold tires + unusually entrance into the corkscrew +lack of talent meant I gave him a little bump, nothing huge, but enough for me to pull over and let every through in shame.

Had a lol moment with myself, one of front runners lapped me coming out of Andretti, I let him pass then convinced myself the next corner was the 85-90 mph right, not the slower one before it. Yeah, didn't go well. There is no line through there at that speed. A trip deep into the sandpit.

Still I learnt a lot, I am quick through section one, but I left the back get lose and scrum too much speed on the quick left up the hill, that was killing my times, 2 seconds easy. The left two lefts after the corkscrew cost me a little too, the back kept stepping out. I think I'm turning too much, or my initial torque setting is a little high.

Tons of fun, I wish I could make more than just fridays, but kids before games.

unreal, just freaking unreal. now i cant get back into the room lol

this game hates me lol

maybe ill buy me a fifty foot cord and try it wired instead of wireless.

I did that exact thing Linuvwen. I got disconnected all the time randomly when racing online. Even in my own lounge, alone, practicing, I'd get punted. Someone suggested buying a Cat6 cable and connecting directly and it's made a world of difference. I think it was 3 weeks before I got disconnected the first time and since then maybe 3-4 times in total in 2 months, whereas before with the wireless router I would have been disconnected countless times in that same period.

I had a great race yesterday except I black screened in the beginning, got hit while sitting on the grid, got damaged, and started last with the pack way off in the distance. The Cat6 cable didn't help last night but almost everyone was having problems. Other than that and a minor spin, it was fun coming from behind, although I'd rather have started in front...lol.

I cannot race tonight as my grandparents are coming round to visit. The next two weeks i'm on holiday so i'll see how late i'm up on tuesday.

I've never registered on GTP before, but I guess I can't partake in the festivities without doing so.. Here goes my first post.. Please add me if there's still room:

#5 zer05ive (zer05ive): White / Red
Tuesday: sometimes
Friday: sometimes
Saturday: *primary*

I've never registered on GTP before, but I guess I can't partake in the festivities without doing so.. Here goes my first post.. Please add me if there's still room:

#5 zer05ive (zer05ive): White / Red
Tuesday: sometimes
Friday: sometimes
Saturday: *primary*

Yep,I think there's plenty of room on Saturday. Send me a friend request on PSN, BrandonW77. My lounge should be open for practice in about a half hour if you want to join us today.

My lounge is open for practice. Let's hope we don't have the connection issues we did last night. Everyone clear your cache before you join.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Wiifreak on a hard-fought victory. We had a good crowd for a Saturday and some good racing. Next race is Tuesday at 8:15pm Eastern Daylight Time.

imageeat.jpg

Thanks for the good racing fellow Capp racers!

New guys. Don't give up. These lil cars are low on power but high on precision. With that you need to get the base tune right and be sure to shift at 8000-8200 rpms.

As well you did well at giving space to lead lap cars.

MemorableC
what would be considered a competitive time around say tsukuba

Does anyone remember the online lap times there? I know in offline practice I was pretty excited about getting low 1:04's, if that helps. I tried searching the first season thread, but WOW, did we make a mess of that.:crazy:

Does anyone remember the online lap times there? I know in offline practice I was pretty excited about getting low 1:04's, if that helps. I tried searching the first season thread, but WOW, did we make a mess of that.:crazy:

:lol: somewhere north of 1,400 posts if I remember correctly?

Near enough to not matter, 1 minute flat was the top time but ~1:01-1:02 was competitive. There was some decent draft on the backstretch that helped keep things close but the last turn was also a widow-maker. :scared:

I've updated the race results and points standings for this week in the 2nd and 3rd posts and also have a highlight video uploaded to the Official Video Post. Good racing this weekend guys, this track literally wore me out (my shoulders are sore!!). Looking forward to visiting GVE again!

Had the GTPFIA GT1 class cars on GVE last night. Surprisingly good racing. Hope they adopt it over the full GV. Which is good too.

Brandon you really introduced this track to me for racing. One of my favorite racing tracks. Simple yet technical. Draft spots.

I just discovered it last season with the Capp's and quickly fell in live with it. My favorite track for the Cappuccino's. Can't wait to race it in the other direction!

The Capp series has opened my eyes to several tracks that I had previously never cared for. I actually signed on just to get a feel for a different type of race car, the ONLY cars I raced before Capp's were NASCAR and American Muscle. I've learned alot about adapting to more technical tracks and tuning to the power bands through this series. I'm just a little bit of a slower learning curve with the actual Capp, but I guess that's to be expected, given my online racing history. I'm happy with my improvements week to week, at least I'm no longer protecting last place every time we meet.:dopey:

Hey Brandon, I really liked your custom track...any chance I could get it with the back part at max width? I tried to change it but since it's a download track it won't let me.

There are only a handful of votes in on the custom track so far. If anyone is interested in choosing a track that suits their driving style you better download them and vote!!..otherwise you get what you get...lol.

Back