Car Build Contest (NFS Underground 2)

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 144 comments
To give other people a chance, I decided that those who are in the nomination list on current poll thread are not allowed to join.
I definitely think this should change. AFAICT only 2 people who have expressed interest in this aren't in the Pearlescent nomination list.

So we have:
  • Audi A3
  • Audi TT
  • Peugeot 106 (PAL Only)
  • Peugeot 206
  • Vauxhall Corsa 1.8 (PAL Only)
  • Volkswagen Golf GTI
Anything else i'm missing?
That's all of the European cars. Only other non-US/Japanese car is the Hyundai Coupe 2.7 V6.

So we have:
  • Audi A3
  • Audi TT
  • Peugeot 106 (PAL Only)
  • Peugeot 206
  • Vauxhall Corsa 1.8 (PAL Only)
  • Volkswagen Golf GTI
Anything else i'm missing?
That's all of the European cars. Only other non-US/Japanese car is the Hyundai Coupe 2.7 V6.

raw

audi-tt-2001-9.jpg

If there's anything I'd *cough*, it'd be the Focus, which can be argued to be either European or American, depending on the points put forward.

I definitely think this should change. AFAICT only 2 people who have expressed interest in this aren't in the Pearlescent nomination list.
With all due respect, have you been taking lessons from FIA and NASCAR?
Alright. I knew I fear this would happen but yeah anybody can still join though. I expect your works to be submitted until Wednesday.
If there's anything I'd *cough*, it'd be the Focus, which can be argued to be either European or American, depending on the points put forward.
As for the Focus, since I think it looks European to me, that car will be allowed for now.

BTW, I was wondering, ok, we can use modded vinyls and keeping the car list, but what about part mods??. Like spoilers??

It's ok for me if we can keep the game original, but I'm just suggesting...

BTW, I was wondering, ok, we can use modded vinyls and keeping the car list, but what about part mods??. Like spoilers??

It's ok for me if we can keep the game original, but I'm just suggesting...

I don't think modded parts will work. If it involves overwriting the original part thus the name remains, I may have to deny that.

How about porting old vinyls from other games via TexEd, NFSU1 to NFSU2? Unless it's specified to use such vinyls I guess.

How about porting old vinyls from other games via TexEd, NFSU1 to NFSU2? Unless it's specified to use such vinyls I guess.
You can do that though. Like I said that modded vinyls are allowed except for cars and parts.

You guys have until the end of the first test round to send in your builds.

Ok, since I'm the winner, and now I can choose the theme. I decided to go for something we all are gonna go for making us go down and dirty!

RALLY!!

Yes, rally, the french-made motorsport art of getting normal city cars with a few modifications (suspension the most important one) off-road through the most thinest roads! Decided to go with this since this will give some V-rally/GT2/GT3 memories! :D

RULES ARE:

• You can ONLY choose these cars since they have rally history behind
(Peugeot 206 S16 '99 - Ford Focus ZX3 '99 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII GSR '04 - Subaru Impreza (GDB-Type II) WRX STI '03 - Peugeot 106 s16 '98 (PAL only) - Vauxhall/Opel Corsa 1.8 '02 (PAL only) - Toyota Celica SS-II '99 - Hyundai Tiburon V6 '03 - Volkswagen Golf IV GTI '99 - Toyota Corolla GTS (AE86) '83 - Audi A3 3.2 quattro '03 - Mazda NB MX5 Miata 1.8 RS '98 - Nissan 350z '03)

• ONLY gloss-metalic paint allowed (other parts can be painted too only with the paint types allowed)
  • Since we are talking about rally cars. These rims are FORBIDDEN
Enkei Arashi - Enkei Kapone - Enkei Shogun - Enkei Shutoko - Enkei Silverstar - Enkei Valor - Konig Drone - Lowenhart BR5 - All Lexani rims (except the Lexani Onyx and Sinergy) - NFSU2 Livia - All Gianelle rims (Except the Gianelle 5-0)
  • Spinners are FORBIDDEN
  • Lights can ONLY be either stock, BRIGHT WHITE or Xenon (4000k or 8000k)
  • Suspension height can be either High, or low, that's on your taste
  • All kinds of rally specs are allowed (production, s1600, s2000, Gr. A, Gr. N, Gr. B, rallycross, WRC, gymkhana, etc)
  • Custom liveries are allowed
  • Custom trunks are allowed (ONLY N2O Bottles)
  • Neons only allowed in Engine bay and Trunk
  • Custom doors are allowed

The rules are in the 2nd spoiler button, you know the drill! :D That the best car wins! :D

Edit: Also, thanks guys for making me winner twice ;)

@girabyt3 Nice, I have been waiting for a Rally Themed event, now. I don't know what cars to choose from at all. I like most of the Rally Cars. More or less it depends on style of livery preference for me. I am going to search through Google to make a livery or two and see where to go from there.

Also I use Debug Car Camera's to capture my cars images, I think you guys should do some of these things as well as a suggestion since it's widely available as a mod for PC and PS2.

Ok, since I'm the winner, and now I can choose the theme. I decided to go for something we all are gonna go for making us go down and dirty!

RALLY!!

Yes, rally, the french-made motorsport art of getting normal city cars with a few modifications (suspension the most important one) off-road through the most thinest roads! Decided to go with this since this will give some V-rally/GT2/GT3 memories! :D

RULES ARE:

• You can ONLY choose these cars since they have rally history behind
(Peugeot 206 S16 '99 - Ford Focus ZX3 '99 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII GSR '04 - Subaru Impreza (GDB-Type II) WRX STI '03 - Peugeot 106 s16 '98 (PAL only) - Vauxhall/Opel Corsa 1.8 '02 (PAL only) - Toyota Celica SS-II '99 - Hyundai Tiburon V6 '03 - Volkswagen Golf IV GTI '99 - Toyota Corolla GTS (AE86) '83 - Audi A3 3.2 quattro '03 - Mazda NB MX5 Miata 1.8 RS '98 - Nissan 350z '03)

• ONLY gloss-metalic paint allowed (other parts can be painted too only with the paint types allowed)
  • Since we are talking about rally cars. These rims are FORBIDDEN
Enkei Arashi - Enkei Kapone - Enkei Shogun - Enkei Shutoko - Enkei Silverstar - Enkei Valor - Konig Drone - Lowenhart BR5 - All Lexani rims (except the Lexani Onyx and Sinergy) - NFSU2 Livia - All Gianelle rims (Except the Gianelle 5-0)
  • Spinners are FORBIDDEN
  • Lights can ONLY be either stock, BRIGHT WHITE or Xenon (4000k or 8000k)
  • Suspension height can be either High, or low, that's on your taste
  • All kinds of rally specs are allowed (production, s1600, s2000, Gr. A, Gr. N, Gr. B, rallycross, WRC, gymkhana, etc)
  • Custom liveries are allowed
  • Custom trunks are allowed (ONLY N2O Bottles)
  • Neons only allowed in Engine bay and Trunk
  • Custom doors are allowed

The rules are in the 2nd spoiler button, you know the drill! :D That the best car wins! :D

Edit: Also, thanks guys for making me winner twice ;)

And for that you guys have 3 days to send in your builds.

Ok guys, so far, I have only recieved 1 build, I will postpone the voting poll day until friday to recieve your builds :)

Ok guys, so far, I have only recieved 1 build, I will postpone the voting poll day until friday to recieve your builds :)
Me too only @rallymorten sent his build. I may be joining the next weeks theme because my Underground 2 copy is 🤬 up.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I was supposed to send it to Filipino, given that he's sort of the host of this thing..?

Ok, that rises the poll up to 3 builds, lefting just 2 more, or more if somebody else wants to enter until Friday to open the poll :D
Wait 3? Who sent you builds? So far only Morten sent his build apparently.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I was supposed to send it to Filipino, given that he's sort of the host of this thing..?
Oh and yes I am.

@girabyt3 could you send the other 2 builds you were talking about. And while you do please compile the parts and pics. Also mention the users who sent their builds. Thanks in advance.

Sooouh are we ever going to get that poll or has this done what everything else I touch does and died?

Because I apparently took a surprise victory in the rally theme, it's now up to me to decide on the next.

Theme: ..I get that reference! (ver. 1)

Description: "Time to do what many a player in Underground 2 has done before you - build a car that's basically identical to one featured in a movie, another game or whatever. Plot twist: The vehicle you're referencing can not be from either the Need For Speed or Fast And Furious franchises. Sorry, everyone planning on making a 2F2F Skyline."

Other rules:
  • Only parts unlocked by playing through the game can be used, including vinyls.
I will not as such be taking part in this myself (unless entry numbers are really low), but I will make a build so as to show what I would've built if given this theme.

Last edited:
Build sent.

I initially wanted to do the RX-7 from Auto Modellista but after finding out I couldn't put stripes over the top of my car, I went for a replica of the Custom Super from Burnout 3 using the 3000GT. Still not 100% accurate but I feel it's as close as I'll ever be able to get.

My build is set already. I used a WRX this time, so. I wonder what other builds will be shown.

Back