Car Build Contest (NFS Underground 2)

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 144 comments
^^^ Sorry Stephan. I enjoy checking out the builds but I'm actually surprised the contest went as far as it did given it was on a 14 year old game and there's nothing much drawing people to the NFS forum these days. When the new game is announced there will be more traffic and subsequently more interest again.

^^^ Sorry Stephan. I enjoy checking out the builds but I'm actually surprised the contest went as far as it did given it was on a 14 year old game and there's nothing much drawing people to the NFS forum these days. When the new game is announced there will be more traffic and subsequently more interest again.
Yeah its okay. I'm glad there are still those who are willing to join though.

I may have to stop this contest for now. After the next round, I may put this contest on hiatus for now.

Just to remind you guys, we are close to May 1 ;)
Yeah. I'll be making some revisions to the rules of this contest.

I may even consider making this contest available to all NFS titles that has customization.

I wanna join in my only question where does the rules stand as far as PC players of need for speed underground 2?

I wanna join in my only question where does the rules stand as far as PC players of need for speed underground 2?
Modding is allowed but only for livery meaning if you want to use livery that is not available in the game then its ok.

Other than that you're welcome to join in this contest.

The contest is once again open. I only did some minor changes to the schedule of counting the votes and the deadline of sending your builds.

@JASON_ROCKS1998 You may now announce the theme for this week's contest.

As for sending your builds, please be consistent with the schedule. Other than that you're good to go.

Last edited:
..so that leaves the schedule looking something along the lines of the deadline for submission being Wednesday/Thursday and the winner and next theme being announced sometime Sunday, correct?

Just putting it as "2-4 days" seems a little vague, is all.

May I also suggest that, to streamline the process, when we submit a car, we also submit the theme we'd like to see if we win?

Theme for this week will be "Track Cars". No restrictions, just build a car you may typically see at a track day or something. Obviously stuff like trunk audio and hydraulics are ill-advised as you'd never see a Track car with that kinda stuff.

..so that leaves the schedule looking something along the lines of the deadline for submission being Wednesday/Thursday and the winner and next theme being announced sometime Sunday, correct?

Just putting it as "2-4 days" seems a little vague, is all.

May I also suggest that, to streamline the process, when we submit a car, we also submit the theme we'd like to see if we win?
That is a good idea.

Alright to really make sure for the submission of builds, do you think 3 days is enough? My concern is the consistency of submitting your builds.

You guys may now send in your builds. The deadline will be May 5.

Last edited:
Alright alright alright! Finally I win after the test rounds!! Ok, enough talking...

Burnout-logo.png

Yes sir, Burnout! The once sister series of NFS, returning spiritually this year with Danger Zone, and since I'm playing Burnout Revenge these days, will be the new constest theme!! :cheers:

Rules:
  1. No restrictions: Go crazy asf ;).
  2. Say it by their names: An obvious one, you have to say the name of the car you replicated, and the Burnout game it appeared, if the car appears in more than one burnout, you have only to pick one version with it's respective name.
That's it! Have fun! :D

Edit: Keep sending all your builds to @Stephan since his the leader ;)

Last edited:
Alright alright alright! Finally I win after the test rounds!! Ok, enough talking...

Burnout-logo.png

Yes sir, Burnout! The once sister series of NFS, returning spiritually this year with Danger Zone, and since I'm playing Burnout Revenge these days, will be the new constest theme!! :cheers:

Rules:

1. These burnouts are only excluded from the list: "Burnout 1" and "2: Point of impact" since (1) they aren't EA games, and (2) Burnout 3-onwards have racing cars, perfect and easier to replicate on NFS.
  2. No restrictions: Go crazy asf ;).
  3. Say it by their names: An obvious one, you have to say the name of the car you replicated, and the Burnout game it appeared, if the car appears in more than one burnout, you have only to pick one version with it's respective name.
That's it! Have fun! :D

Edit: Keep sending all your builds to @Stephan since his the leader ;)
...May sit this one out. Only have one idea, and all thoughts are coming up with one of three cars from Paradise.

..but I thought we agreed to send our themes to you when we're sending our build anyway to avoid situations like this?
Sorry man but when I asked @girabyt3 about the theme and he replied "I don't know yet.". But don't worry I won't let this happen again.

No Burnout 2?!

But, I have to submit a SUV, and from that game is where..

*glass breaks*

Damn, talk about killing two birds with one stone. Will try something else then.

As much as I liked the EA Burnout titles I think it would be more appropriate to include the first two Burnout's because without Acclaim getting the license we wouldn't have a Burnout to begin with, plus. You have more choices and designs. My favorite car in Burnout 2 is either the Custom Coupe or the Custom Muscle. Which those cars are legendary. @girabyt3 have you played Burnout Legends? Some of the Burnout 2 cars are in that game.

Coincidentally I have the Custom Coupe as an avatar.

Plus the visual parts installed in the Custom Coupe are available in NFSU2.

There are a lot of mods that give you a lot of nicer rims to the game.
Can we use them as a standard rule for any theme?
Say for example that my build doesn't fit on any in-game rims, so i would need a modded one.

Also, we could ask @SlipZtrEm to make an article about this competition so we could get more people involved.

Just a reminder! If you find too hard to pick a car, there are 6 options on all the burnouts apart of the custom coupe ultimate to recreate perfectly on NFSU2, including 1 from Burnout revenge where almost all the cars are supercars! Just pick them right! ;D

Without further ado, here's the next theme given by @citroengt1:

Theme: Hillclimb Cars

Rule/s:
- The car must be built with a large rear wing and other aero parts that would appear functional.

Other than that, that's the rule for citroengt1's theme.

Build sent. Going to be really interesting to see what everyone else has built.

Back