• Thread starter Stephan
  • 144 comments

Stephan

Still progressing........
Premium
Philippines
Manila
Filracer
This contest is open to all NFSUG2 players.

Welcome to Car Builds Contest! This contest features the car builds that were sent by GTPlanet members and it's you to decide which one is the best car build. The winner gets to decide the theme of the next weeks car build contest.

How does it work?
- Every week there's a theme for the car builds contest and you must the follow the theme to be part of the nomination.
- Send your build to me via PM.
- The point system works via voting.
- The votes will be counted after 3-4 days.
- Anyone can join in. Just remember that in every theme, there will a deadline for your car builds. The deadline for your builds will be 2-4 days from the announcement of the theme.
- When you send a build, please specify every part that you added to the car (performance parts are not included. Only visual parts.)
- That's it. Good luck.

Week 1 (Theme: Pearlescent, Test Round I): @girabyt3
upload_2017-1-18_19-22-29-png.622099
Week 2 (Theme: European Power, Final Test Round): @girabyt3
1-png.623492

Week 3: (Theme: Rally, Round 1): @rallymorten
front-jpg.627042

Week 4: (Theme: ...I GET THAT REFERENCE!, Round 2): @JASON_ROCKS1998
speed2-6656-jpg.629854
Week 5: (Theme: American Muscle, Round 3:)@SomePlayaDude

Week 6: (Theme: Underground Race Sponsor, Round 4: @JASON_ROCKS1998)
speed2-6705-jpg.636539

Week 7: (Theme: Track Cars, Round 5: @girabyt3)
1-png.645486

Week 8: (Theme: Burnout, Round 6: @citroengt1)
gtplanet_forum_nfs_contest_burnout_saloon_gt_1-png.647230

Week 9: (Theme: Hillclimb Cars, Round 7: @citroengt1)
gtplanet_forum_nfs_contest_toyota_supra_hillclim-png.648634

Week 10: (Theme: Bosozoku, Round 8: @SomePlayaDude)
bosokosentra-jpg.650854

Week 11: (Theme: Evil, Round 9: @JASON_ROCKS1998)
speed2-2017-06-08-11-16-22-957-jpg.653899
1. @JASON_ROCKS1998 - 3 wins, 6 appearances
2. @SomePlayaDude- 2 wins, 6 appearances
3. @citroengt1- 2 wins, 4 appearances
4. @girabyt3- 1 wins, 7 appearances
5. @rallymorten - 1 wins, 4 appearance
6. @BKGlover- 0 wins, 4 appearances
7. @JakeMR2- 0 wins, 2 appearances
8. @Yespi- 0 wins, 1 appearance
9. @Cowboy- 0 wins, 1 appearance

Last edited:
If we can make the star rating system completely bugger off, I might be interested.

Also, what are the rules regarding mods or anything not obtainable through normal means? And I take it we don't have to do the builds in career mode, because, y'know, there sort of is a mode dedicated to building cars.

If we can make the star rating system completely bugger off, I might be interested.

Also, what are the rules regarding mods or anything not obtainable through normal means? And I take it we don't have to do the builds in career mode, because, y'know, there sort of is a mode dedicated to building cars.
Alright I will remove the star rating system.

Yeah in a case where you don't wanna do the Career mode just to unlock all the parts and cars, just download someone's save file where it's 100% complete if you're on PC that is.

If you're talking about mods (or addons in the game), then it's not allowed. Although I may consider liveries.

Remember if you like to join, just like the OP.

Last edited:
Alright I will remove the star rating system.

Thank. No need to go full-on chavtastic just for those ten star points.

Yeah in a case where you don't wanna do the Career mode just to unlock all the parts and cars, just download someone's save file where it's 100% complete if you're on PC that is.

That's not as much of a problem. It's more a dig at how brilliant this game is for being considerate enough to include a sandbox for us to just mess up the various cars without paying for it.

If you're talking about mods (or addons in the game), then it's not allowed. Although I may consider liveries.

Yes, I'm talking about the kind of things you Google, download and, through complicated measures, install into various games. I know it's just the three of us right now, but console ports (even though I'm not sure why you'd have a console port anymore, seeing as it runs flawlessly on pretty much any system and is either dirt cheap or "free" for PC) might be disadvantaged by allowing too much of this.

Thank. No need to go full-on chavtastic just for those ten star points.

That's not as much of a problem. It's more a dig at how brilliant this game is for being considerate enough to include a sandbox for us to just mess up the various cars without paying for it.

Yes, I'm talking about the kind of things you Google, download and, through complicated measures, install into various games. I know it's just the three of us right now, but console ports (even though I'm not sure why you'd have a console port anymore, seeing as it runs flawlessly on pretty much any system and is either dirt cheap or "free" for PC) might be disadvantaged by allowing too much of this.
You know what I didn't even noticed but then again any potato spec PCs can run UG2 and trying to download UG2 is very easy these days. Plus like I mentioned earlier that if you're just lazy to go through Career Mode, then just download someone else's UG2 save that has 100% completion.

Last edited:
I like the sounds of this competition. Hit me up when it begins! :cheers:
So far the problem is that probably not many people wants to join. It needs exposure.

Well since you, @JASON_ROCKS1998 and @rallymorten are willing to join, then maybe we can have a test run of this contest.

I have an idea, how about asking those who frequently posts car builds in the show your ride thread for NFS2015 if they want to join. If they do, then link them to this thread.

Are mods iallowed??, because I have some amazing car mods in my garage :)

Last edited:
So okay here we go. Since this will be the first week, I'll be the one who will be choosing a theme. The winner will get to pick the theme for next week's contest.

Now the theme for this week's contest is:
Pearlescent

Ah yes pearlescent. Everybody's favorite color. To me pearlescent will work on a car depending on how the user was able to modify his car. Sometimes it may end up looking good or ricey.

My rules for this theme:
-Only use pearlescent paint. No other paints allowed though you can still paint the other parts of the car.

You may now start building.If you're done, send your work to me via PM. And also please specify the parts used (except for performance).

You guys have until......well since this is a test run, can I at least expect your works to be submitted until Saturday on my timezone?
GOOD LUCK.

My car has been submitted, oddly I didn't need to do any vinyl making on this one, but I really need to practice following that Debug Vinyl well.

Can i join in please? Started playing NFS UG2 once again recently.
Sure! Go ahead. Remember only six people who can send their design to me will be the ones who will be nominated. So far these people where now able to send their builds:

@rallymorten
@JASON_ROCKS1998
@girabyt3
@JakeMR2

So only two spots left available. You can send your design now if you want to secure a nomination spot.

Good thing that i managed to fix the crashes i had with this game, turns out disabling and making only a single core running for the game works! Now time to download some %100 save and begin working on my build.

Alright since this is just a test round, I decided to give the two an extension. You guys have 3 hours to send your builds.

Edit:
The 3 hours are up so there will only be 5 contestants.

Last edited:
Since we're still in the testing stages of this contest, I decided to open up another round.

For the theme, the theme is European Power.

My idea for this theme is to give attention to euro cars. Sure enough NFSU2 gave influence to chavs and ricers but to me European ricers and chavs really made their cars stand out despite how riced out it is.

Rules for this theme:
- Only European cars are allowed to be used for this contest. The Peugeot 106, Ford Focus and Vauxhall Corsa can be used.
- Only gloss and metallic paint can be used.
- To make sure that we go on European, the rim selection is limited only to these brands: BBS, Lowenhart, O.Z, Avus, and NFSU2.
- A custom trunk layout is required.

Last edited:
Back