Car drawings

• Thread starter Pebb
  • 3,547 comments
I wasn't even quite certain if he had already posted that one exactly since many of his drawings looked alike to me.

Here, have one that looks even more alike to the last one I posted... because it's the same car:
18947553736_8baf2e5a3c_b.jpg

Don't remember if I ever posted this here, but I don't think anyone will complain, lol:
18353163053_53d37c9d8f_b.jpg
That is superb :drool: as is the other one. I don't care if you've posted them before, as it's a joy to see them again. Plus they're a great source of inspiration.

Awesome 👍 - just needs gold detailing.
Thanks man. 👍 It will indeed get some gold detailing.

Unfortunately, my hard-drive has decided it's had enough, and I've now lost every piece of digital art I've ever done.. (happened a few days ago). And being the idiot that I am, I've never backed up anything.. I have literally lost everything including all my music. :banghead:

On the bright side, i can now see colours as they're meant to be (old lap-top was about 12 yrs old). So hopefully they'll be an improvement in my art/drawing.

While my boss was in a meeting, I spent about 20 mins scribbling some improv made-up car as quickly as I could on a Samsung Note 10.1 2014 on the S Note app.

Wa1nnPHh.jpg

S Note doesn't handle layers, okay? :P

I'm becoming really drawn to this tablet. The S Pen having Wacom's pressure sensitivity tech is the primary selling point for me. Its price is a quarter of the top of the line Wacom Cintiq, and just yesterday I questioned whether I will actually enjoy drawing digitally as much as I keep thinking I will. This might be an economic decision to try out digital drawing on a screen before I commit to something big.

edit: Sorry about the HDD crapping out on you. I have 1000s of hot wheels photos I'd cry over if my HDD died one day. All my images are on my external and somewhere on the web already. The only thing I'd really lose out on is my music.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, my hard-drive has decided it's had enough, and I've now lost every piece of digital art I've ever done.. (happened a few days ago). And being the idiot that I am, I've never backed up anything.. I have literally lost everything including all my music. :banghead:

On the bright side, i can now see colours as they're meant to be (old lap-top was about 12 yrs old). So hopefully they'll be an improvement in my art/drawing.

Noooooooo dude, that is absolutely devastating to read. Nothing, really?

Noooooooo dude, that is absolutely devastating to read. Nothing, really?
Well, pretty much the case. Of course I still have my Flickr account (can DL finished jpegs on my new laptop), but it's the amount of PSD files (WIPs) that I've lost forever, that really hurts the most.

@AOS- That looks pretty cool. Were you able to zoom in on parts of your drawing? Also, can the S Note run photoshop? if so, It certainly does make good sense over the costly Cintiq tablets. Also, what size is the S Note? (i'm quite use to my A5 Intuos) I think anything smaller and i'd feel constrained.

@Nessy. S Note is a memo app. The tablet is a Note 10.1 2014 edition.

Google Play Store does indeed have a Photoshop and the Autodesk Sketchbook app.

Thought i'd have a go at doing a Ferrari 250 GTO (with hints of Testarossa, ha).

May do a neat version.

@Cano Tagged because I know how much you love modern Ferraris. :lol:

[edit] Neatened up the rear a bit:

It sorta looked like Alfa Romeo 8C competizione to me, awesome work !

You made up that Delta?
Yes. It's my version of what a Lancia Delta would look like.

Thing is, it does look like a concept somebody has already done.. let me explain a little:

I've recently returned from my holiday/vacation, in a beautiful place called the Lake District, (mountainous region of the UK). The place has some of the best roads in the UK (imo). I happened to see a gorgeous but slightly modified Lancia Delta Intergrale, while I was there, (bit of a rarity on UK roads), and felt instantly inspired to draw a new version of one. The problem was, in some of the more rural areas of the UK, internet access can be a bit of a problem, I had none for the entire six days I was there.

I did remember seeing a Lancia concept done a while ago, that I learnt about through one of the threads on GTPlanet:

It's the work of some guy called Angelo Granata:

Lancia-Delta-Concept-Angelo-Granata-143-640x426.jpg

The challenge for me was do something that didn't look like exactly the same as Granata's work. I had no source material (saved pics) of this concept or the actual Delta I came across in the Lake District, so therefore had no reference (hence no Lancia badge on my drawing).

Am I pleased with the results? No, not entirely, as in retrospect (now having internet access again), I can see it looks like lots of other cars. :indiff:

[EDIT]

This is how it looked before I decided to change the lights.

Too much Dedra, or even Skoda.

Last edited:
Back