Car drawings

• Thread starter Pebb
  • 3,547 comments
This is how it looked before I decided to change the lights.

Indeed, the new lamps are much more evocative of the Delta. I think your car looks wildly different to the other guy's. The angular lines everywhere are not easy to pull off, yet it still looks like nothing else but a Delta. Finish it off!

Also, I love the pseudo-Midget thing. Love the integrated front fenders!

IMG_0763.JPG

Hi guys! This was my attempt of drawing a bodyless 2015 Nissan GT-R LM Nismo race car. Criticism and hints are welcome!

@Cano Could I get any tips on my drawings up there? ^^^ You are very good and I love your work. :cheers:

Man, I hadn't been in here for a while. First of all, thanks for the kind words about my work. My first advice would be to try drawing simple-form cars. Very square stuff. 80's Volvos and Malibus and Golfs. The cars you are drawing have very organic forms that are difficult to pull off even if you are experienced, so you should work first in nailing proportions, details, perspective and other stuff before jumping into hyper-aerodynamic forms thatare easy to crook up.

Man, I hadn't been in here for a while. First of all, thanks for the kind words about my work. My first advice would be to try drawing simple-form cars. Very square stuff. 80's Volvos and Malibus and Golfs. The cars you are drawing have very organic forms that are difficult to pull off even if you are experienced, so you should work first in nailing proportions, details, perspective and other stuff before jumping into hyper-aerodynamic forms thatare easy to crook up.
Thanks man. Its much appreciated. :cheers::bowdown:

3rd one says Viper in the front, '70 Camaro in the back.
Yeah, agree to a certain extent. A TVR is always going to look a bit like a Viper at the front, and I guess the serpent like wing mirrors doesn't help. Can't see the Camaro in the back though. Was thinking more Marcos Mantis, at the rear if anything.

The third one is largely the best, but I'm not so sure about the exposed carbon fibre. I think it's a bit overdone.

I also think the wing mirrors are a bit too far back and the side vents they merge out of a bit too low down. I prefer the more prominent side outtake vent things in the other two designs.

The third one is largely the best, but I'm not so sure about the exposed carbon fibre. I think it's a bit overdone.
I know what you mean. It was originally body colour, then I decided to do carbon because I wanted to accentuate some of the rear swoops. I still have some changes in mind, so i'll see whether I can tame it.

Back