Car drawings

• Thread starter Pebb
  • 3,547 comments
Been messing around with the rear lights a little bit:

Wow, the transition from character line to mirror is amazing on the third one. I love the rear view, very very TVR-esque. I'm surprised you didn't throw around a Kamm-tail idea for this thing. Sketch of the front or you drive a Geo Metro.
Thanks man. 👍

I am doing a version with a bit more of a Kamm shape (not full-on though). No views of the front as yet.. I love my Metro, best car in the world! :D

Rough sketch of a (im)possible front. It reminds me a bit of a Venturi, but more-so the Ferrari F12 (apertures on the bonnet). Not sure whether it works (engine cooling and space for said engine and ancillaries). Also, it looks nothing like the other drawings, but like those drawings, it's just an idea. It'll take some work for them to tie together.

@BrodieBoi94 Thanks a lot man. 👍 They're quite amateurish (and never finished) but I enjoy doing them.

Looking forward to you sharing your designs with us. BTW, how's that tasty looking Beetle you're working on, coming along? Looks awesome so far.

@BrodieBoi94 Thanks a lot man. 👍 They're quite amateurish (and never finished) but I enjoy doing them.

Looking forward to you sharing your designs with us. BTW, how's that tasty looking Beetle you're working on, coming along? Looks awesome so far.
You're welcome.
You set your bar pretty high.

I actually finished that beetle, and gave it to someone as a gift. I will get photos of it next time I visit them.

I will hopefully be able to get some designs done. Just got a tablet, now i need a stylus.

I thought this would be interesting. Not perfect, but it's better than nothing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 44
Well, here's what I'm working on currently for my studio class. I've got to say, it's true how you have to be passionate about something to really make something good, because I'll tell you that I'm not all that passionate about this car and I'm too far in to scrap it, unfortunately.
IMG_20151109_012512.jpg

Well, here's what I'm working on currently for my studio class. I've got to say, it's true how you have to be passionate about something to really make something good, because I'll tell you that I'm not all that passionate about this car and I'm too far in to scrap it, unfortunately.View attachment 477116
The back of it looks a bit like the original Mazda Carol. Maybe you'd enjoy making it into a real successor, if you're allowed to.

Ayyy it's @JacoJa again!
Hey AOS! I'm amazed someone actually remembers me, lol.

This thread has so many amazing drawings, it's encouraging me to get back into it again.

@Nessy You've posted some really great designs in this thread. You should work as a designer for an automotive company if you aren't one already.

Yea or Nay?

2015-12-01%2018.48.07_zpscvvqzcdj.jpg

2015-12-01%2018.49.18_zpshsjdz9vr.jpg
Yea!

@Nessy You've posted some really great designs in this thread. You should work as a designer for an automotive company if you aren't one already.
Thanks man. 👍 I wish I could/were. Unfortunately, i'm too old and just don't have what it takes. Still, drawing/designing cars is a great hobby and something that I enjoy immensely. :)

Thanks man. 👍 I wish I could/were. Unfortunately, i'm too old and just don't have what it takes. Still, drawing/designing cars is a great hobby and something that I enjoy immensely. :)
Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you (Only without the skills!), though honestly in a few years you'll be able to just 3D print a 1:1 scale body shell of one of your designs. Designers won't need to rely on big car manufacturers to make their ideas come to life. Just need to get good at modelling I guess. :D

A customer at work wanted me to come up with a little car related design. So I came up with this. I think it's to promote his car club. I don't usually do this type of drawing but it's a change from doing other stuff I do at work (screen printing and embroidery). It's not quite finished yet, but the customer seems really pleased with it.

Internet cookie (or whatever the cool kid equivalent is now a days), for whoever guesses what it is.

@Cano You're exempt, as i'm sure you'll know what it is straight away. :P

23464879169_776eda1ab5_c.jpg

Last edited:
A customer at work wanted me to come up with a little car related design. So I came up with this. I think it's to promote his car club. I don't usually do this type of drawing but it's a change from doing other stuff I do at work (screen printing and embroidery). It's not quite finished yet, but the customer seems really pleased with it.

Internet cookie (or whatever the cool kid equivalent is now a days), for whoever guesses what it is.
@Cano You're exempt, as i'm sure you'll know what it is straight away. :P

That is beyond awesome. Also since I already knew what was it, can I have a cookie too?

This is a design I've been fiddling with for a few days. It's supposed to be kind of a modernised version of the coachbuilt cars from the 30's. Yea or Nay?

I never saw this back in the day, but yeeeeeeah.

also welcome back. I fully remember you.

Back