Car of the Month February - Saleen S7 '02 - Can you tame this beast?

United States
New Jersey
crash27wwjd
16193932158_16aa4f85ee_c.jpg

The Car of the Month
February

Saleen S7 '02

Welcome to the Car of the Month for February, up until now, I have not really had a DIFFICULT Car of the Month. Unless you consider the GT-R LM Road Going Version or the Callaway. Tough, but not difficult. This month we will see if ANYONE can tame this mare. It can be a handful with stock power, add more at your own risk. This should be quite the challenge, are you ready to stare down the monster and turn it into a puppy? Let's find out.

This car was suggested by @Otaliema !
So don't shoot the messenger. :dopey:

Last edited:
I bought one of these recently when I was looking for a good 600pp SS car, turns out its a little fiery at that spec so I abandoned it in favour of the ACR Viper. Might have to go push the dents out and give it another tickle with the tuning stick 👍
Yeah, the ACR is a cream puff compared to the Saleen, personally have never really cared for it since it is just a bear. But I have a tune 95% done for it. But be warned, it's a PILOT tune :P
No. No shoot the messenger ;).
I'll get one of these tuned up learning to drive on a wheel and tune on it and the fitt challenge chewed all of January on me so need to start from zero on this beast.
That depends on who you consider the messenger :dopey:
You told me it was a beast,........no kidding :scared:

Whoaa, Saleen S7, I made a crazy replica of a real car back in GT5. It was great and drives remarkably well for it's insane level of power :) Will have to look back on my GT5 build and adapt it in GT6 :D 2200AWHP or 2800HP :eek:

total-race-saleen-s7_100438786_h.jpg

The GT5 replica car that was shared : Saleen S7 Twin Turbo 2800HP

Special Stage Route X_S7TT_2
by @driftinziggy, on Flickr

Will see what I can do, maybe keep it stock power and weight :)

:grumpy: :banghead: GT6 is a whacko :lol: Saleen S7, an MR with 7 liters V8 has 52/48 weight distribution :lol: No wonder it drives like that ... the curb weight also off by 3kg :lol: Okay lots of fixing :lol:

Damn, can't be fixed without hybriding :grumpy:

Did a stock factory replica tune, CS tire, capable of 1:21s at Big Willow, really freaking quick, beating SRT Viper GTS 2013 replica on same CS tire :eek:

Last edited:
Review from @cbarbosa for my Saleen S7 (550PP SS)

shaunm80 said
Saleen S7 '02

550PP
455 BHP
1140kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Sports Soft Tyres
Expert Level 550PP NR Car Ascari Seasonal Winner! 👍

First, @@shaunm80, my apologies for not testing it sooner... :)

It may called of beast, it may need to be tamed, but at 550PP it has been tamed!! It still needs to be treated has a pilot car (slow in, fast out...), but it is a pleasure to drive.

Superb gearbox settings/ratios, very nice suspension (soft enough to absorve bumps and stiff enough to keep it steady).
Quite agile and somehow nimble, super fast on straight line and with grip enough to corner fast. Remember to still apply the pilot mantra, mainly because on low gears (2nd and below) still has the wheelspin from the torque...

Adapted to Ascari vey nicely, the 1st lap was a bit unknow territory, but after was always testing the car by driving to the limit.

The only issue for me were the brakes, for me, seemed a little weak, especially after long straight to slow corners... But can be prevented by early anticipation and keeping the apex line... 👍

Overall, really enjoyed driving the car, adapted to slow/turny circuits nicely. A great job! :)

Ok, now I am really disturbed. my S7 tune was a 570pp tune, I downgraded this morning by adding weight and power limiting to 550pp. I then took it to Ascari expecting to get destroyed, won easily and ran a 2:07.452, I previously ran a 2:09.xxx with an unpublished 458 (coming to the Speed Shop Soon:sly:), a 2:10xxx with my 430 Scud Missile and my Z06. And I like them all better.:odd: Should (will try anyway) to post the Saleen tune soon as well.

The Saleen is very quick car, a full power ZR1 at 999HP and 1206kg + flat floor + CS tire managed 1:22s, and the Saleen with real life stock power ( 550HP ) and weight can do 1:21s on CS tire with corrected gearing :D at Big Willow.

Indeed a beast and PD seems to add the aero grip into the chassis code. On CS tire, it has an excellent high speed handling/grip, able to hold very close to 160kmh / 99mph at the Big Willow 2nd corner long right curve.

Funny, this car was just added to The Crew today for people with the season pass. Not sure if I will get around to tuning this month, it depends on how comfortable I feel with the T100 wheel I recently got.

I actually enjoy the car as is...
As do I, add power at your own risk:eek:, detuned to 550pp and run at Ascari, I have not run a faster lap yet. Even with more comfortable easier to drive tunes. :odd:

If you have a tune for it, please share it, that's what it's all about. If not, try some posted in this thread and feel free to give feedback.:)

As do I, add power at your own risk:eek:, detuned to 550pp and run at Ascari, I have not run a faster lap yet. Even with more comfortable easier to drive tunes. :odd:

If you have a tune for it, please share it, that's what it's all about. If not, try some posted in this thread and feel free to give feedback.:)

I used mine bone stock (But obviously power reduced to get 550PP) for Ascari & managed a P1. (Only aid was ABS1) :) The tune I've tried so far is Praiano's, but I don't think he posted it in the thread? I'll give yours a crack & post some feedback... 👍

Thank you, but it may be a handful.:scared:

Nah, it's great. Good stuff! 👍 I did the Ascari seasonal with it & by lap 3, all my doubts about the Saleen had gone. I was able to throw it about without reservation. Great turn-in & with decent throttle modulation, it was holding its line in the sweeps perfectly. :) Very nice tune, thanks. :cheers:

Kissing up the the thread starter with that photo? :lol::lol::lol:

Just kidding of course, but I am a sucker for that car, although I am not a big fan of the convertible. Laguna Blue looks better passing you on the road then it does in GT6. :drool:

Kissing up the the thread starter with that photo? :lol::lol::lol:

Just kidding of course, but I am a sucker for that car, although I am not a big fan of the convertible. Laguna Blue looks better passing you on the road then it does in GT6. :drool:
:lol:
I've always liked the Corvette, The C7 does look good in Laguna Blue (or really any colour :sly:). I just wish PD would add the new Z06 considering the Stingray is the car on the cover!:banghead:

:lol:
I've always liked the Corvette, The C7 does look good in Laguna Blue (or really any colour :sly:). I just wish PD would add the new Z06 considering the Stingray is the car on the cover!:banghead:
I knew there was something about you that I liked :D, I have seem it in every color but Yellow. PD needs to add the new Z06 and the ZL1, but don't hold your breath.:grumpy: And a C7R would be nice:dopey:

Oh yeah!👍

As soon as I get through FITT testing, a few days likely, I am going to get to your S7 this month. Have to, been wanting to.

Back