"Car of the Month November" - Maserati Gran Turismo S

If time permits, i'll squeeze a few minutes to do a review of @xande1959 Maserati. I got curious regarding the car's behaviour because of @shaunm80 review, mainly on 2 issues:
  • Car behaviour on track
  • Being a steering wheel tune, how it reacts on DS3
Besides, Spa is one of um favourite tracks, it's a good excuse to shread some tyre on track... :P

👍

- Maserati Gran Tourismo S '08

Parts & Modifications

Turbo Kits:
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit
Hello my friend, where did you get that Maserati :confused: :P ? I bought 4 of them so far and they don't want to give me a Turbo kit :confused:. Can you please check your post to see what corrections that have to be made. Thanks, and don't worry I won't be more mean than usual :lol:. There's no rush, I won't have time to do this review until friday or saturday.👍

Hello my friend, where did you get that Maserati :confused: :P ? I bought 4 of them so far and they don't want to give me a Turbo kit :confused:. Can you please check your post to see what corrections that have to be made. Thanks, and don't worry I won't be more mean than usual :lol:. There's no rush, I won't have time to do this review until friday or saturday
- Thank fails to post:cheers:👍

CHALLENGE #3 Flu Fever Sequel ( Bowtie-muscle vs TurnLeft)

1- Track: Autumn Ring Mini
2- Car tuned as is with Sports Soft Tires.
3-Course Settings: Weather at Race Start = 100%, Surface at Race Start = 100%, Grip reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge = Real
4- No driving aids what so ever, nothing, nada, no abs, SRF,TC, Active Steering, ControlSensitivity, you get the picture.
5- 5 laps, best time wins. Laps invalid don’t count. Good Luck.

(I’m really curious to see how It will hold out in the rain)

TurnLeft’s Super Lap Time is 0:53.698

You are either psycho or just plain evil :lol::lol::lol: just kidding, I could only manage a 54.344 :ouch:
So I guess you win this time, but I will be back to try again this next time. That was just plain crazy, the only good thing was no red laps. :crazy: NO ABS.......SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!

You are either psycho or just plain evil :lol::lol::lol: just kidding, I could only manage a 54.344 :ouch:
So I guess you win this time, but I will be back to try again this next time. That was just plain crazy, the only good thing was no red laps. :crazy: NO ABS.......SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!
ok next time abs=10, SRF on, Traction control =10, and, ..... on ..... ICE brrrr....:scared:

@xande1959
- Maserati Gran Tourismo S '08 550PP - SS

Tsukuba:

I had a hard time coming out of curves with this one, with a PS3 controller 👎 there isn’t much gradient control to bring up the speed (at least for me that is), I know that with a good driver like you :P, you’ll be able to get better lap times, but I’m at the limit :embarrassed:. I think this is case of a tune made made with a driving wheel using the smoother and longer gas pedal motion versus a PS3 controller, it’s much more difficult with the PS3 controller. I also found a small issue with the braking, but this may also be a case of poor gradient lever control.

Deep Forest:
It is a little hard to control on this track, it’s like Dr.Jeckyll :) & Mr. Hyde :mad:, hit the right line with this car and it feels smooth 👍, hit the wrong bump and it will be bucking and bronking like a wild stallion :ouch:. I’ve tried quite a few of your car tunings and this one sits in the middle of them, I like the fact that you need throttle control but sometimes the PS3 controller isn’t the right tool for it.

Special Stage Route 5
I’m kind of disappointed here :embarrassed:, the car was one of the fastest but I never had a lap that I was satisfied with, I know a good driver would be able to get much better lap times. It was easier on this track to gas it up out of the curves, you could feel the back of the car push out and adjust the throttle cleanly, but in the ‘s’ curves the body tended to push the rear end out towards the walls. I would like to know if you could do some laps here and give me the lap times you get, would be useful for me to see how much time I lost with my control issues.

Summary
Good car 👍, might be a little of a learning curve for some drivers, but can be very fast if you are patient :lol:, and have some good thumb/finger coordination :drool: .

CRITIC’S CHALLENGE

Rules:

1- I choose the track, conditions, and time trial regulations.
2- Tuner and reviewer use the reviewed car for the time trial.
3- Times are posted by each of the drivers, there is a gentleman’s agreement that each person will put down the true time.
4- You must have fun doing this, this is not an option.

CHALLENGE #4 Fly Me To The Moon (pun intended) (@xande1959 vs TurnLeft)

1- Track: Any Track
2- Car tuned as is.
3- Take 3 Pictures (Photos) of the car flying,
4- Winner will be selected by the members who want to vote (anybody), just post the name of which one has the best pictures.
Advice: Drive really really slowly :nervous: :lol:.

Here are my three pics. ( I used only the in game camera settings )
Challenge X 1.jpg
Challenge x 2.jpg
challenge x 3.jpg

Picture 8.png

@xande1959

Tsukuba:

I had a hard time coming out of curves with this one, with a PS3 controller 👎 there isn’t much gradient control to bring up the speed (at least for me that is), I know that with a good driver like you :P, you’ll be able to get better lap times, but I’m at the limit :embarrassed:. I think this is case of a tune made made with a driving wheel using the smoother and longer gas pedal motion versus a PS3 controller, it’s much more difficult with the PS3 controller. I also found a small issue with the braking, but this may also be a case of poor gradient lever control.

Deep Forest:
It is a little hard to control on this track, it’s like Dr.Jeckyll :) & Mr. Hyde :mad:, hit the right line with this car and it feels smooth 👍, hit the wrong bump and it will be bucking and bronking like a wild stallion :ouch:. I’ve tried quite a few of your car tunings and this one sits in the middle of them, I like the fact that you need throttle control but sometimes the PS3 controller isn’t the right tool for it.

Special Stage Route 5
I’m kind of disappointed here :embarrassed:, the car was one of the fastest but I never had a lap that I was satisfied with, I know a good driver would be able to get much better lap times. It was easier on this track to gas it up out of the curves, you could feel the back of the car push out and adjust the throttle cleanly, but in the ‘s’ curves the body tended to push the rear end out towards the walls. I would like to know if you could do some laps here and give me the lap times you get, would be useful for me to see how much time I lost with my control issues.

Summary
Good car 👍, might be a little of a learning curve for some drivers, but can be very fast if you are patient :lol:, and have some good thumb/finger coordination :drool: .

CRITIC’S CHALLENGE

Rules:

3- Times are posted by each of the drivers, there is a gentleman’s agreement that each person will put down the true time.

2- Car tuned as is.
4- Winner will be selected by the members who want to vote (anybody), just post the name of which one has the best pictures.

View attachment 255705 View attachment 255706 View attachment 255707

View attachment 255708

thanks for testing it with his usual candor.
third photo this beautiful.
My new G27 wheel arrived today and I will ride to work this car because it was not in tune with the steering wheel was in my control that was also defective .in outlet left corner obedecia.obrigado he does not know can not Mecher in setup.mas'll try to improve okay.:cheers::bowdown:👍

@xande1959

Tsukuba:

Deep Forest:

Special Stage Route 5

Summary

CRITIC’S CHALLENGE

Rules:

2- Car tuned as is.

View attachment 255705 View attachment 255706 View attachment 255707

View attachment 255708
It´s not GT6 but ACE COMBAT !!!:lol::lol::lol: nice test !!

Review Maserati GranTurismo S'08 550pp (SS), by @xande1959
As i'm not a guy of many words, this is my review for "Car of the Month" Maserati GranTurismo '08, thread by @Bowtie-muscle, of xande1959 GranTurismo'08.

I know it's a late review, but better then never, right?!

The tuner - @xande1959 ... This is my first review of a well know tuner in GT. Despite, this is the first car I do of Mr. X, so I truly believe it will be a great one... So let's see how it goes:

The car - Made exactly has the tuner specs (color (almost :D), tune and specs), it is another blue beauty, she is not shy and likes to cause an impact...

Gemasolar_3.jpgGemasolar_4.jpgGemasolar_5.jpg
Before the review starts, just want to say that this review was done out of curiosity, to see how a car tuned for wheel settings would behave on DS3... For now, let's just say it may have some surprises...

The review - Wheel vs. DS3...

It was made in form of Time Trial, 5 Laps at Spa-F. with ABS1 only.

Fastest Lap - 2:26:523

DSC_0006.JPG

Driving Sensations/Car Behaviour:

Surprisingly then car felt quite nice. Fast and steady, responded afirmative to all the inputs I asked for. As most other cars, on low gears (2nd below) a natural oversteer appeared, but perfectly controlable and maybe a bit fun... :D
The steering was precise, but have to say a bit hard, in some fast corners, mainly due to low rotation, a bit of understeer was present, corrected by gas input to apply that rotation...

The gearbox did his job, making the car be on the right revs and competitive to deal with the mix of corners in Spa. Very well tuned... :)

On the fastest lap, the car was naturally pushed to the limit and did great, some extra caution was needed on throttle, but perfectly adapted to the DS3...

Negative Point:

Yes, I found one... :( - The brakes. The overall test session was fun, but the element that failed were the brakes. Almost like they were sleeping, I needed to mash the button in order for the car brakes to respond, causing precious tenths of seconds loss for a faster lap.

I believe the BB is the cause (4/3), maybe some higher values will fix it... I'm sure xande1959 will fix it quickly... :)

Overall:

Like said previously, it was indeed a surprise that a car tuned for wheel managed to be fast, stable and competitive on DS3... Being the 1st car I did from Xande1959, it was a pleasure to test and confirmed what I was expecting from it...

:cheers: all! :)

I don't think I'm going to be able to tune the car this month. I've barely had enough time to get the FITT challenges done, and I'm going to be out of town for most of next week. If I get a tune done it will be by Tuesday, but don't bet on it.

Review Maserati GranTurismo S'08 550pp (SS), by @xande1959
As i'm not a guy of many words, this is my review for "Car of the Month" Maserati GranTurismo '08, thread by @Bowtie-muscle, of xande1959 GranTurismo'08.

I know it's a late review, but better then never, right?!

The tuner - @xande1959 ... This is my first review of a well know tuner in GT. Despite, this is the first car I do of Mr. X, so I truly believe it will be a great one... So let's see how it goes:

The car - Made exactly has the tuner specs (color (almost :D), tune and specs), it is another blue beauty, she is not shy and likes to cause an impact...

Before the review starts, just want to say that this review was done out of curiosity, to see how a car tuned for wheel settings would behave on DS3... For now, let's just say it may have some surprises...

The review - Wheel vs. DS3...

It was made in form of Time Trial, 5 Laps at Spa-F. with ABS1 only.

Fastest Lap - 2:26:523

Driving Sensations/Car Behaviour:

Surprisingly then car felt quite nice. Fast and steady, responded afirmative to all the inputs I asked for. As most other cars, on low gears (2nd below) a natural oversteer appeared, but perfectly controlable and maybe a bit fun... :D
The steering was precise, but have to say a bit hard, in some fast corners, mainly due to low rotation, a bit of understeer was present, corrected by gas input to apply that rotation...

The gearbox did his job, making the car be on the right revs and competitive to deal with the mix of corners in Spa. Very well tuned... :)

On the fastest lap, the car was naturally pushed to the limit and did great, some extra caution was needed on throttle, but perfectly adapted to the DS3...

Negative Point:

Yes, I found one... :( - The brakes. The overall test session was fun, but the element that failed were the brakes. Almost like they were sleeping, I needed to mash the button in order for the car brakes to respond, causing precious tenths of seconds loss for a faster lap.

I believe the BB is the cause (4/3), maybe some higher values will fix it... I'm sure xande1959 will fix it quickly... :)

Overall:

Like said previously, it was indeed a surprise that a car tuned for wheel managed to be fast, stable and competitive on DS3... Being the 1st car I did from Xande1959, it was a pleasure to test and confirmed what I was expecting from it...

:cheers: all! :)

- thanks for testing this .carro legend that I would buy if I had money. brake really left me wanting, maybe putting up 6/5 improve the lap time:cheers:👍

- the next time, I will use this system of brake pedals.
96.jpg

I don't think I'm going to be able to tune the car this month. I've barely had enough time to get the FITT challenges done, and I'm going to be out of town for most of next week. If I get a tune done it will be by Tuesday, but don't bet on it.
It's all good, there will be another car next month which is rapidly approaching. :ouch:

@Rush471
Maserati Gran Turismo S '08 500PP SM

Nice to see you back again ;), I’ll just cut the crap out, when a tuner put’s out their reference time I just can’t help myself and see how I fair against that, my competitive edge, my curiosity or whatever you want to call it, I have to try it, if I do bad chances are I’ll just keep my mouth shut :mad:(keyboard in this case), but if I do better .... I’ll try (really really hard ) to be humble and supportive :cool: ( do you believe in fairy godmothers?:confused:). We all need our little egos to be flattered once in awhile. So yeah, I went to Laguna Seca, on my 4th and last lap I did 1:33.542 (with PS3 Controller), so close enough not to hide my face in a brown paper bag :dunce:, but not good enough to give myself a gold star and give my name to that track.

Tsukuba:
When you try some-ones tune for the first time and your impressed, it sort of puts the bar high for the second one you try, human nature dictates to us to compare, that’s how we better ourselves and move on in the best direction. This car handles quite well, the Front/Rear balance is very good. My main problem on this track with this car is that it gives you the impression of having a lot of grip, so feeling comfortable out off the hairpin I decided to floor it, bad choice, maybe with a wheel and pedals it’s easier to ease out of curves but with a PS3 controller, well for me it’s not that easy, but other wise, Good tune mate.

Deep Forest:
I really liked the way it handled the bumps on this track, great suspension balance. There’s not much to criticize here, but a lot to acclaim, you should definitely try your hand at the FITT competitions, I think you would fare very well.

Special Stage Route 5
I did have a little trouble here, but it’s more due to doing this test after a long day’s work, being hungry and a bit tired. Very easy car to maneuver, point and go, I don't think it could be easier than that.

Summary
Well, another very good tune from you, I sincerely hope you will continue doing this, you are very good at it. 👍👍👍

CRITIC’S CHALLENGE

Rules:

CHALLENGE #1 Any Which Way But Forward ( @Rush471 vs TurnLeft)

1- Track: Twin Ring Montegi West
2- Car tuned as is with Sports Medium Tires.
3- Course Settings: Weather at Race Start = 0%, Surface at Race Start = 0%, Grip reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge = Real
4- No driving aids what so ever, nothing, nada, no abs, SRF, TC, Active Steering, ControlSensitivity, that’s the way it goes.
5- 5 laps, best time wins. Laps invalid don’t count. Good Luck.
6- Oh I almost forgot to mention, you have to do a complete lap backwards :scared:, that’s right in reverse :P. It’s pretty amazing how a car that had real good track grip suddenly loses most of it.

TurnLeft’s super lap time is 1:06.478 (I completely wiped out on the first 4 laps, it had been a long time since I used the [Triangle] & {Square] buttons on the PS3 controller.)

Advice: Look where your coming from :odd:. and floor it all the way :crazy:.

Picture 5.png

Last edited:
For those of you who prefer the stock feeling, but can't handle the understeer, lower it to 105/105 (1 Inch drop, originally for cosmetic reasons, but it improves handling as well), make the camber 1.4/1.5, and toe 0/-0.14. @Aki Ishikawa told me this when I complained, and it works wonders for the turn in. It's a blast to drive like that anywhere, but I've had the most fun swinging it around Rome and London.

For those of you who prefer the stock feeling, but can't handle the understeer, lower it to 105/105 (1 Inch drop, originally for cosmetic reasons, but it improves handling as well), make the camber 1.4/1.5, and toe 0/-0.14. @Aki Ishikawa told me this when I complained, and it works wonders for the turn in. It's a blast to drive like that anywhere, but I've had the most fun swinging it around Rome and London.
Well, thanks for the tagging even though I have never driven the GT on GT6 at all. I was just giving out a generic suspension tune.

Hell, it works out for you, so I did something good for once.
It helped immensely. It turns so much better now.

Originally I just had the lower (She sits too high stock, now it's beautiful-er.), but it still had understeer.

I'm sure all the tunes here are faster, but if you're looking for a quick fix, that still feels stock, I'd recommend this.

It helped immensely. It turns so much better now.

Originally I just had the lower (She sits too high stock, now it's beautiful-er.), but it still had understeer.

I'm sure all the tunes here are faster, but if you're looking for a quick fix, that still feels stock, I'd recommend this.
uh :odd:, I think something is wrong here, you're in the "Car Of The Month November " thread, wrong number?:lol:

uh :odd:, I think something is wrong here, you're in the "Car Of The Month November " thread, wrong number?:lol:
I was talking about the Maserati.

Wait...

*Tuning forum*

🤬 I thought it was the main gt6 folder. Whoops.

Review, @shaunm80 550pp Non full aero version:

I built this tune and went to Nurb GP/D, was expected a fun and welll planted tune and what I got was surprising. The car felt off for a tune by Shaun, rear end liked to jump sideways on exit and spin the wheels. Entry was ok but could slide the rear, catching it seemed to bring out some understeer and the brakes were....well, not so great either. Hmmm....., something is not right. One thing I have learned about Shaun's tunes is that they are always easy to drive and feel well planted. Normally like them as much or more than my own if I am totally honest, so I had to find out if he finally laid an egg or did I mess up the settings?
So I exited and changed tracks as well since turn 1 at GP/D and I rarely see eye to eye. So I headed for Apricot Hill, a track that brings out the worst in even a good tune as it will show understeer other tracks will not. Double checked the settings and found the problem, ballast position:dunce:. Must have had a slight brain cramp as I set it to +50 instead of the listed -50. Well that will change things quite a bit I would think, and it made a ton of difference. May not seem like much weight, but this car already has enough to the rear. Gone is the exit rear swing and wheel spin, better planted thru mid corner and no longer fighting the rear weight on entry. Much more like what I would expect out of Shaun, much more enjoyable. Two things I did notice however, 1 - the brakes did not like late heavy braking. Normally, my style is more finesse, half braking power just to slow the car down and keep it pointed where I want. As long as I drove it that way, there was no problem. If I tried push too hard and brake later, the nose would push and refuse to turn. Again, easily manageable and avoided.
2 - the car felt just a bit underpowered, slower than I would expect, not bad but perhaps it was just me or the exhaust note. Loaded up my 550pp tune and compared, different exhaust note and did feel a bit faster. Best lap of 5 with shaun's - 1:25.230, best lap of only 2 in mine - 1:24.346. I am sure Shaun would prefer his, I would mine, either way you should find a surprisingly enjoyable ride. Try them both and you decide. :D

Back