Car under the blue cover!

• Thread starter JoeH187
  • 485 comments
Maserati Gran Turismo MC

Has similar shapes, but the car's 2 years old. I think PD will go for a japanese car this time, as they hardly ever had one. Maybe the new nissan Z?, the new sports mazda?, or maybe the a concept for a new supra.

2014-mazda-rx-8.jpg

These images of the Nissan Z are not official, there plans, and theories.

A3.jpg

mercedes-benz-powered-nissan-z-1-lg.jpg

2016-nissan-z-artists-rendering-photo-514691-s-1280x782.jpg

2011-nissan-esflow-2_1600x0w.jpg

2014-z.jpg

nissan-z.jpg

Watch this!!
(A video with Jay Leno, about the new nissan Z)

Last edited:
That new Mazda 4-door coupe is art in metal... I wish it was "the under the blue" one, but I don't think so, as Masda is a small company to manage such a bid advertisement when Merc, Ferrari, Nissan are in the play.

Posting third party artists' concepts of what a new car may or may not look like is not very useful, because those guys are not the ones building the car so their drawings are 100% guesswork. In fact, the only thing we can know for sure, is that the actual car won't look like their drawings.

It's as if an amateur writer would try to predict what J.K. Rowlings next novel will be like, by writing it before she does.

Altough I agree on the basis of your thought, the Mazda drawing is very realistic. I think it may be produced with exact the same shape and form, with minor changes in lights.

Altough I agree on the basis of your thought, the Mazda drawing is very realistic. I think it may be produced with exact the same shape and form, with minor changes in lights.

This is never the case. An artists concept NEVER (And I mean NEVER) looks much like the final product UNLESS the artist works for the car company itself. Even then the final product looks quite different.

As said above, trying to match these artist concepts with the outline is absolutely useless because the outline of the car will be different than in those drawings.

This is never the case. An artists concept NEVER (And I mean NEVER) looks much like the final product UNLESS the artist works for the car company itself. Even then the final product looks quite different.

As said above, trying to match these artist concepts with the outline is absolutely useless because the outline of the car will be different than in those drawings.

This is exactly the case sometimes. Never say never in such things my friend. Many times in the past, a company leaks the drawings of a future model or of an almost ready to be displayed prototype to see the reactions. If you are old enough you may remember such cases. For instanse, I remember very clearly, a perfectly correct drawing of the Mazda RX7 FD some months before the prototype was displayed in Tokyo 1991 car show. And next year FD was already a production model, without any change from the drawing... :sly:

I'm a Mazda technician, and if you look at our new cars (CX-5, Mazda 6, and the soon to be in dealerships Mazda 3) that is the exact styling direction they have gone with the Shikari design concept. That could be 95% of what the production version would look like if they decided to produce it.

The wheels, body lines, grille, and headlights are all very, very close to what the new 6 and 3 look like.

Guys, I think we can all agree that the car under the blue cover is obviously a soon-to-be-released update of the Fiat Multipla

After GT6's official(maybe? I think?) pre-order covers, you can clearly see the Corvette logo on the Amazon's car wheel.
i13o3fpHwboGCz.png

BUT, on the gamestops' cover, it is not a Corvette...
i15gklBeu0xc3TB.png

And you can tell because of the hood scoops. After zooming in at the bottom, I see a Renault emblem.

So...where do we go from here.

After GT6's official(maybe? I think?) pre-order covers, you can clearly see the Corvette logo on the Amazon's car wheel.
i13o3fpHwboGCz.png

i15gklBeu0xc3TB.png

And you can tell because of the hood scoops. After zooming in at the bottom, I see a Renault emblem.

Normal edition: Chevrolet Corvette C7.
Limited edition: Renault Megane Trophy Race Car.

As it says on the respective cases.

I expect that the mystery car under the cover is a concept car yet to be revealed, in keeping with PD's new idea of introducing cars to the game as they come out in real life.

I expect that the mystery car under the cover is a concept car yet to be revealed, in keeping with PD's new idea of introducing cars to the game as they come out in real life.

So you're saying there's going to be a 3rd cover ?

So you're saying there's going to be a 3rd cover ?

No, I think they had it as more of an advert , representing yet to be unveiled info about the game, and they've ditched it now that more and more info is being revealed.

No, I think they had it as more of an advert , representing yet to be unveiled info about the game, and they've ditched it now that more and more info is being revealed.

I'm not sure I understand you. These two covers are labeled as official, which normally means finalized. To have a different car by the game's release would completely change things and wouldn't make these two "official."

I'm not sure I understand you. These two covers are labeled as official, which normally means finalized. To have a different car by the game's release would completely change things and wouldn't make these two "official."

The 'car under the blue cover' cover wasn't official, and won't be used at any point. These are the two covers they'll presumably use going forward.

All I'm saying is that the reason the old unofficial cover had a car under wraps was to represent the fact that not many details were known about the game and it was still under wraps.

The 'car under the blue cover' cover wasn't official, and won't be used at any point. These are the two covers they'll presumably use going forward.

All I'm saying is that the reason the old unofficial cover had a car under wraps was to represent the fact that not many details were known about the game and it was still under wraps.

I see what you mean now. I do remember though, during the Silverstone event, Jordan said that the car under the blue cover is to be featured in GT6's official box art. So it's either actually the C7, or some concept car they ditched like you said.

I'm sure somebody has pointed this out by now, but in the "Vision" video, all the concept cars were under blue covers, parked at a building. I think they(PD) are just having some fun with the covers, and trying to leave a little something on the table, for a little mystery.

Last edited:

That's not a GameStop cover. It's a 15th Anniversary cover.

Sorry gents, I'm starting to really dislike GameStop and their antics effect on us. Along the same lines of EA type of resentment.

Back