Car under the blue cover!

• Thread starter JoeH187
  • 485 comments
My vote is for the Ferrari F12 👍

ferrari-f12-berlinetta-2_191844-1024x768.jpg

Very good comparison! But I don't know... the shape is even closer than the new Fairlady, but there is something not matching at the rear, where the hatch meets the spoiler. It's much shorter in the Ferrari. It could very well be the cloth though.

Found this on another forum : (REMOVED)

Image was removed from that forum and can't find it anywhere else, not sure if I was allowed to post it, so I removed it to prevent any problems. Here a not leaked pic of what I posted :

New RX7 :

2013-Mazda-RX-7-5.jpg

Last edited:
If the cars are badged as Toyotas and not as Scions, I'll be most pleased. I remain Suspicious on that news meanwhile.

con360
That, right there, could be what we have been looking for... New Supra anyone? :D

I know there is no shape/picture , but considering PD's partnership with Toyota on the GT-86, I think it could very well be one of the two mentioned above!

The new Supra is believed to be the car planned for development in partnership with BMW while the entry level car is purely a thought at boardroom level in Toyota, must first go through a feasibility study and it is thought it will be developed with another manufacturer.

It will be years before either of these materialise so there is no way the car under the cover is one of these cars.

Found this on another forum : (REMOVED)

Image was removed from that forum and can't find it anywhere else, not sure if I was allowed to post it, so I removed it to prevent any problems. Here a not leaked pic of what I posted :

New RX7 :

2013-Mazda-RX-7-5.jpg

Awsome guess here's the front, the car seems to be a mock up for the upcoming mazda rx9, although it consists of similar curves, and aerodynamic to veiled car on the gt6 cover.

2013-mazda-rx-9-coupe_600x0w.jpg

EDIT:

I found the real concept car for the new mazda.

2012-mazda-mx-5-miata-car-walls-1600x1067.jpg

Wallpapers+Mazda+rx+9_10.jpg

And here's a concept car for the new MX-5 (Miatia)

2013-Mazda-MX5-picture-850x478.jpg

MX5-2013.1.jpg

Even though the mx5 might look similar to the veiled car, but why would PD use a MX-5 on their game cover, it could be the new RX-7/RX-9/MX-3 or just the new nissan Z.

Last edited:
Those Mazda concepts aren't official designs by Mazda, and the RX7 successor is rumored to be launched around 2017.

People really need to stop suggesting cars the world has already seen. It defies all logic to put the Viper under a cover for 6 months. I really don't think PD are that delusional they think fans care that much about what the car on the cover will be, if it were a known car. It's obviously covered for a reason and the most obvious reason is that nobody has seen the car under there yet.

It could be the new 2015 Ford Mustang, but since it is a Japanese game I highly doubt it.

Edit: It could also be the Lexus RC F which makes more sense

Mustang won't be revealed until January, so I'm going to guess that's a no to that car.

What has the fact it isn't fully covered have to do with it therefor not being a nod to one that is?
It doesn't have to be a literal exact copy to do so, but merely a subtle suggestion or different interpretation of the same concept.

The GT86 would be a good choice if indeed the car itself isn't the thing they aimed to draw attention to necessarily (being a relative new addition that's been offered for free as well), it's also the car they've developed that GPS track function for, which seems to be a new ingame feature still largely unclear.
And if they don't want to single out a particular brand, what better way to include a car which body is shared by 3 brands at the same time?
Oh, and it's Japanese which always helps.

But please carry on guessing what it could've been instead, merely saying that the ones suggested so far don't persuade me it's something else and the GT86 does line up almost perfectly taking into account the workings of a plastic cover and what effect it has on the silhouette shown.

toyota-gt-86-by-trd_100378639_m.jpg

The back looks spot on while the front is a bit questionable

People really need to stop suggesting cars the world has already seen. It defies all logic to put the Viper under a cover for 6 months. I really don't think PD are that delusional they think fans care that much about what the car on the cover will be, if it were a known car. It's obviously covered for a reason and the most obvious reason is that nobody has seen the car under there yet.

Yeah, because you work for PD and can speak for them and what they do. Why don't you just enjoy this thread and stop telling everyone how to think?

Yeah, because you work for PD and can speak for them and what they do. Why don't you just enjoy this thread and stop telling everyone how to think?

I'm not telling everyone what to do (although admittedly my opening sentence may come across as that) nor am I claiming to know what PD will do, I'm simply offering my logical thoughts on the matter and what they may do.

Back