Car under the blue cover!

• Thread starter JoeH187
  • 485 comments
The car behind the blue cover is a new car to the GT series, that's my guess. Not the corvette or the GT86 or the 350z. i would put my money on an european car or an american, Ferrari perhaps?

I thought for a while that it could be the F12 Berlinetta, and even a new version of the Maserati Gran Turismo but at this point... I don't know anymore :P

[Edit] I dont think anyone here thinks that's a 350z :lol: possibly a 370z if anything.

That Supra is the closest to the shape... it may be it!

It's not. PD doesn't include renders, unless they get permission from the people who made the render (and I don't know why you would want to use a render in the first place).

It's not. PD doesn't include renders, unless they get permission from the people who made the render (and I don't know why you would want to use a render in the first place).

And if they did add a 2014 Toyota Supra that had nothing to do with Toyota I could imagine they'll be seeing each other a lot in court...

I'm getting game covers confused. Gran Turismo (PS1) was the fully covered car.

GT2 was definitely the McLaren F1.

Depends on the region
In europe we had something else

GT1:
psx-granturismo-cover.jpg

GT2:
Gran%20Turismo%202.jpg

You may be right..
http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/2013/1305_bmw_toyota_sports_car_taking_shape/

A new toyota/bmw concept car will be unveiled at Tokyo Motor Show which will start on Nov 22nd, pretty much in line with expected GT6 release...

There are really many liveries which fit well under that cover (Stingray included) but I am also of the idea that the car itself has not been unveiled yet.
Also, if you look at the livery (=cover) section just above the front wheel, you may see a particular design, something like a very little wing... which is not present, as far as I know, in the cars discussed in this thread.

This is actually a pretty good theory you have here. Especially when you consider Yamauchi touting up the fringe effects of GT and the real world. What better car to put on the cover of your game than a Toyota that has an incorporated data-logger that allows you to plug your lap directly into GT? The Supra concept and Supra could be the first Toyota's to fully integrate and feature the tech they developed with Denso.

I'm gonna change my vote from the HSV road car to the Supra Concept.

Clarification: I'm not changing it because the silhouette looks like a render some guy made in his free time.

From E3 interview....

GTPlanet: One more question – will we ever find out what car is below that blue cover? (This has been an on-going topic of debate in the GTPlanet forums!)

KazYam: “Ha! That’s a very good question, but I can’t answer that yet! I’m glad you noticed. If you look at it carefully, you will see it is kind of a strange shape, with some interesting characteristics!”

Could it be this crazy creation on the left?.....

:confused:

Very good idea :)👍;could it be the new corvette ,ferrari ,a GT-R or something else? :confused:

Not at all.
From it's layout, the white car from the video is probably mid-engined, with a long-ish tail.
The covered car is clearly front-engined and rear driven, with a very short rear deck.
My bet: all in on the next Nissan Z-series

God some of the guess's flowing through here are ridiculous. Might as well start guessing it's a school bus.

Looks more like that new Ferrari Hyper car.... forgot what its called.

Ferrari LaFerrari? Not at all.
Can't imagine a LaFerrari looking like that under a cover.
Part of me wishes it was a Koenigsegg.

It can be this one as well...

Alfa Romeo 4C

You can check the 3D model right here:

http://4c.alfaromeo.com/

Car is real (I mean for sale not a concept) and you can buy it now.

That looks more like it, to be honest.
But what are the odds of Polyphony having an Alfa in their cover [not saying this will be THE game cover] ..who knows.

Thought about Jaguar C-X75 but that car doesn't exist anymore and the shape looks nothing like the one under the cover. :crazy:

[Edit]
Can anyone link a photo of a Lancia Stratos (new one)? I don't know how to do that from the app. Thanks.

Last edited:
Kaz said that if you look carefully there is some strange shape

I may be wrong but I think this is one of them:
wheel_zps1406cd8d.jpg

The cover on the front wheel makes me think that the wheel is not completely covered by the livery... another option is that there is a part of the livery which extrudes from the body (like a little wing..)

What do you think?

Back