Car under the blue cover!

• Thread starter JoeH187
  • 485 comments
United States
Seattle WA
JoeH187
Okay,

Hopefully this isn't a duplicate thread; I searched and didn't see one.

Let’s get a thread going on what car we think is under the blue tarp that was shown on the 15 years of GT announcement. Whoever guesses it right gets to come back and say I told you so when it's finally announced/shown!

My .02 cents, I think PD are going doing what they did for GT5 prologue demo back in '07. Prior to their release the GTR and new STI were covered in the game. When they were revealed at the Tokyo auto show, they simultaneously uncovered them in the game and gave us access. It was actually pretty cool and I haven't seen anything like it since. So somehow this car will lose its cover during a demo, or in the game, something along those lines, while it’s unwrapped in real life.

That's a different topic, asking what car should be on the GT6 cover, not what car is under the blue cover.

I guess so, it's quite similar to be honest, I'm sure the question has come up in that thread at one point.

2014 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S. I posted a pic in one of those linked posts. It's just a teaser but the lines are very similar.

For me the car is an invisible one...:dopey:

(Smartest comment of 2013)

It's the invisible boat mobile :D

invisible-boat-mobile.jpg

I'm gonna laugh when it's the Toyota GT86. The body lines match perfectly, I think everyone just wants to jump on the hype train.

I'm gonna laugh when it's the Toyota GT86. The body lines match perfectly, I think everyone just wants to jump on the hype train.

That's the first thing I instantly thought it was too and have yet to find another suggestion which is more convincing.

Why would they cover a car everyone already knows about?

That's assuming it's about the car itself that's covered (like many seem to think), to me it seemed more about the metaphor of the cover itself and that it's an obvious nod to the cover of GT1's artwork (15th anniversary and all).

3354894_f520.jpg

But the GT6 car isn't fully covered. I expect it to be a completely new car and not a car we've already known about.

Not to mention the cover and the GT86 DON'T line up perfectly.

But the GT6 car isn't fully covered. I expect it to be a completely new car and not a car we've already known about.

Not to mention the cover and the GT86 DON'T line up perfectly.

What has the fact it isn't fully covered have to do with it therefor not being a nod to one that is?
It doesn't have to be a literal exact copy to do so, but merely a subtle suggestion or different interpretation of the same concept.

The GT86 would be a good choice if indeed the car itself isn't the thing they aimed to draw attention to necessarily (being a relative new addition that's been offered for free as well), it's also the car they've developed that GPS track function for, which seems to be a new ingame feature still largely unclear.
And if they don't want to single out a particular brand, what better way to include a car which body is shared by 3 brands at the same time?
Oh, and it's Japanese which always helps.

But please carry on guessing what it could've been instead, merely saying that the ones suggested so far don't persuade me it's something else and the GT86 does line up almost perfectly taking into account the workings of a plastic cover and what effect it has on the silhouette shown.

toyota-gt-86-by-trd_100378639_m.jpg

Last edited:
What has the fact it isn't fully covered have to do with it therefor not being a nod to one that is?
It doesn't have to be a literal exact copy to do so, but merely a subtle suggestion or different interpretation of the same concept.

The GT86 would be a good choice if indeed the car itself isn't the thing they aimed to draw attention to necessarily (being a relative new addition that's been offered for free as well), it's also the car they've developed that GPS track function for, which seems to be a new ingame feature still largely unclear.
And if they don't want to single out a particular brand, what better way to include a car which body is shared by 3 brands at the same time?
Oh, and it's Japanese which always helps.

But please carry on guessing what it could've been instead, merely saying that the ones suggested so far don't persuade me it's something else and the GT86 does line up almost perfectly taking into account the workings of a plastic cover and what effect it has on the silhouette shown.

Am I allowed to point out the the side window line is visible through the cover and the GT86's side windows don't come to a sharp, shallow point at the rear?

Here is a possibility. I can't find a direct side view.

But I would be surprised to see an American non-exotic on the cover...

2015-Ford-Mustang.jpg

Last edited:
Back