Career discussion

• Thread starter crowhop
  • 1,273 comments
After my final GT3 serie online race (with to many bugs) I'm also gone start a first GT3 career race , but mine starts at Osherleben than it is Laguna .By the way ....can we disable rain in a career ?
I don't think so. But you should be able to change drivers in the pit and select rain tires, if you don't want to race in rain and can go back in the driver seat after the rain is gone. You will lose time thought, because of the driver change.

After my final GT3 serie online race tomorrow (with to many bugs) I'm also gone start a first GT3 career race , but mine starts at Osherleben than it is Laguna .By the way ....can we disable rain in a career ?
Not sure, but I signed for Red Raven Team and I think(have to check) that this is a US GT3 series...
And no, we can not disable rain... It did not rain @Laguna though... :D

Not sure, but I signed for Red Raven Team and I think(have to check) that this is a US GT3 series...
And no, we can not disable rain... It did not rain @Laguna though... :D
Right , we've got two choices to choose. .Damn for 1 time we can play a bit like a god regards weather we can't disable it .
Thanks anyway.

So after losing the Asia cup in gt4 I went on to the US cup in gt4 and won that. Then went on to the euro championship. But lost. I was back 19 points. I wrecked in the last race and just left out and didn't even finish the event. So now I'm going to do the UK cup in gt4 and see how that goes. Hopefully I can win that go to the euro championship again but except this time win the damn thing. Then after that try the Asia cup again. It's been fun/frustrating.

I had a situation yesterday where I backed out of a race that had heavy rain and then went back in and it had heavy fog instead? Not sure if this helps but has anyone else experienced this?

Actually yes with a few inventational events. Like that brands hatch event (forgot the name of the event) where you drive the RUF. My first attempt it was raining hard and I crashed and took a little break. Then came back to it and it was heavy clouds. It eventually rain but right at the end of the race.

Having played Project Cars for a solid 2 weeks now, I'm not really attracted by the career mode at all. It feels there just for the sake of being there in the game. The random tweets are rather stupid, and I don't feel like I'm actually creating a character at all.

What I loved about the F1 games was that you were a new driver, people didn't know you and the media was barely interested in you. As you went on to impress them, you gained more attention and the media was gradually forming around you.

I completely understand that the simulation is the first and foremost in this game, but I'm sure that I am not the only looking for a sim racer in which I can create and evolve a character. You just start out where ever you want, and everyone is already making you out to be a big star. I've only made it to superkarts, but I'm not feeling interested in the career mode at all because there is literally 0 progression, and there is 0 story. Rather, I tend to just run free practice sessions.

When the new patch arrives, I'm probably going to start a new savegame, and jump right into GT3. Because with the lack of prototype cars, GT3 is really the only thing that interests me.

All fine and I actually agree about the useless fake tweets and all that nonsense.

But lack of prototype cars..? There are 5 LMP1s, 4 LMP2s and 10 or so classic LMPs by now. :odd:

All fine and I actually agree about the useless fake tweets and all that nonsense.

But lack of prototype cars..? There are 5 LMP1s, 4 LMP2s and 10 or so classic LMPs by now. :odd:

I don't care for the fictional LMP's put into the game. Also the Mclaren F1 longtail and the Mercedes CLK-LM aren't LMP's, but GT's.

And you cannot join a field of Audi R18's in your BMW V12 if you want to be competitive. For us Le Mans fans, there just isn't any content available if we're to be honest. That's why I always loved Gran Turismo for offering so many Le Mans cars.

I will say, though, that the GT3 field is brilliant in this game. I'd only like to see the 458 GT3, the C5R or C6R, and a 911 GT3 RSR at some point in the game. Then I would be really happy just playing this game for GT3 championships only.

For us Le Mans fans, there just isn't any content available if we're to be honest. That's why I always loved Gran Turismo for offering so many Le Mans cars.

What qualifies you to speak for every LeMans fan? Were you elected? Was there a vote? I would consider myself a LeMans fan, why didn't I get a vote?

As for career mode, it's what you make it.

I don't care for the fictional LMP's put into the game. Also the Mclaren F1 longtail and the Mercedes CLK-LM aren't LMP's, but GT's.

And you cannot join a field of Audi R18's in your BMW V12 if you want to be competitive. For us Le Mans fans, there just isn't any content available if we're to be honest. That's why I always loved Gran Turismo for offering so many Le Mans cars.

I will say, though, that the GT3 field is brilliant in this game. I'd only like to see the 458 GT3, the C5R or C6R, and a 911 GT3 RSR at some point in the game. Then I would be really happy just playing this game for GT3 championships only.

I have been at the last 2 Le Mans races personally and I cant agree with your statement at all. The fictional LMPs are built to the actual 2013 Le Mans rules so they might as well be real. There are LMP2s in the game, unlike GT. And which LMP1s other than the R18 and the Nismo does GT have?

I have been at the last 2 Le Mans races personally and I cant agree with your statement at all. The fictional LMPs are built to the actual 2013 Le Mans rules so they might as well be real. There are LMP2s in the game, unlike GT. And which LMP1s other than the R18 and the Nismo does GT have?
It has the TS030, but I agree with you.

And which LMP1s other than the R18 and the Nismo does GT have?

- Toyota TS030
- Peugeot 908
- Audi R10

Are the latest modern and essential Le Mans racers I can think of. Then there are the essential GT cars that aren't available; The Porsche 911 GT3 RSR, the Corvettes, and the 458 Italia. I will admit rFactor has been the only game that has ever had all of the current LMPs and GTs in the game via a mod.

Still, "lacking" is the word to describe Pcars' car list outside of GT3 and GT4. A sim racer that hasn't even got the cars that are known for being pure drivers cars? (MX5, GT86, M3's, etc.)

I'm sure the car list will grow as the game evolves, but the current car list doesn't really impress.

If you are not impressed with the overall car list, thats fine and legit. I just disputed your statement that there is nothing for Le Mans fans, which I still cant agree with.

By the way, if you count the R10, if would be fair to count the Bentley Speed 8 and the (soon to come) Aston Martin Lola DBR 1-2 as well. Not to mention that afaik pcars will be the only game that will have both the R18 etron and the TS040.

I never said there was "nothing" for Le Mans fans. I was saying the current content was "lacking" for Le Mans fans.

But it's fine, I'm pretty sure future DLC's (should be add-ons, but that's for a different thread) will bring some of the cars I'm looking for. The physics and overall beauty of the game, as well as the variety of tracks, more than make up for the small car list.

Having played Project Cars for a solid 2 weeks now, I'm not really attracted by the career mode at all. It feels there just for the sake of being there in the game. The random tweets are rather stupid, and I don't feel like I'm actually creating a character at all
I've said from day one that career mode is irrelevant because there are no unlockables in the game. You can create
what ever kind of event scenario you want in free race weekend

I don't understand why people bother with career mode

I've said from day one that career mode is irrelevant because there are no unlockables in the game. You can create

Each to their own - apart from the odd community event, career mode is pretty much all I play. I like the structure of it, it's ready to go as soon as I fire up the game, and while I could put together my own quick race weekends I can't put together a championship. Works for me.

Because you can't create a championship in free race weekend.

Last edited:
I've said from day one that career mode is irrelevant because there are no unlockables in the game.

I disagree, I think the fact you don't have to unlock anything makes career mode more interesting. The fact that you can start where you want means you don't have to grind through any car classes you don't like, just to get to drive something you prefer.
I've got 3 careers running, one where I skipped straight to LMP1(after 3 seasons of Clios), one where I've started at karts and plan to do each championship in the open wheels right up to formula A. And one where I'm starting from Clios and working my way up touring cars.
Picking a level of difficulty that doesn't let you win by miles every race helps too.

I've found a group of people who race cleanly online, if it wan't for that I could happily not bother with multiplayer and concentrate solely on career(s).

Last edited:
I disagree, I think the fact you don't have to unlock anything makes career mode more interesting. The fact that you can start where you want means you don't have to grind through any car classes you don't like, just to get to drive something you prefer.
I've got 3 careers running, one where I skipped straight to LMP1, one where I've started at karts and plan to do each championship in the open wheels right up to formula A. And one where I'm starting from Clios and working my way up touring cars.
Picking a level of difficulty that doesn't let you win by miles every race helps too.

I've found a group of people who race cleanly online, if it wan't for that I could happily not bother with multiplayer and concentrate solely on career(s).

I'm doing the same thing :lol: and I hate sims game that makes you grind with crappie cars to unlock cars and tracks it sucks they patronize you no name mentioned ;) I pay good money for a sim and let me do what I want that is what I like.

Latest Posts

Back