Career discussion

• Thread starter crowhop
  • 1,273 comments
I agree although it's a pity a lot of the trophies are based around winning.

Yes it is but for me it's the race that count, at my age if I win I get a trophy but if I lose and that happens more at 100% ai that is fine also just like real life nobody wins all the time ;) makes you try harder. The racing itself makes very :gtpflag:

Enjoyed my career so far as I'm around half way through my 3rd season so far, didn't enjoy karts so much but some of the invitationals are good such as the BWM 320 and the Caterham's weren't bad either. Probably going up through the single seater route to get the Zero to Hero trophy.

Have got another career where i've been doing GT3 in a Mercedes SLS but may restart it after the patch if I can get a Bentley drive.

Did like 5 seasons of GT4 and only won the U.S cup. UK cup I'm coming so close to winning and the Asia cup (did it twice) I'm getting my behind kick. So I'm doing the Asia cup again but this time I'm lowering the AI difficulty to 80% (had at 90%) and see what happens. It's frustrating like I said before but it's better than winning everything all the time. Oh yea and I lost the Euro championship again today because the guy that I was battling in the standings (everyone else was out of contention) was super consistent. Guess what? Second place in every race. He had two wins and I had four but on event 3 race 2 I spun (was raining and I pushed a little to hard) and lost control. I backed up and some car ran in the back of me and was out the race. I should of just stayed in the grass. But anyway I hope to come back to this thread next time with some better results.:lol:

Did like 5 seasons of GT4 and only won the U.S cup. UK cup I'm coming so close to winning and the Asia cup (did it twice) I'm getting my behind kick. So I'm doing the Asia cup again but this time I'm lowering the AI difficulty to 80% (had at 90%) and see what happens. It's frustrating like I said before but it's better than winning everything all the time. Oh yea and I lost the Euro championship again today because the guy that I was battling in the standings (everyone else was out of contention) was super consistent. Guess what? Second place in every race. He had two wins and I had four but on event 3 race 2 I spun (was raining and I pushed a little to hard) and lost control. I backed up and some car ran in the back of me and was out the race. I should of just stayed in the grass. But anyway I hope to come back to this thread next time with some better results.:lol:
It's good to see a consistent AI though. Always nice to have some rivals.

Oh yea and I lost the Euro championship again today because the guy that I was battling in the standings (everyone else was out of contention) was super consistent. Guess what? Second place in every race.
Yep, "Pedro Nunez" beat me to the WEC championship (LMP1).
I could win 3 races, got DSQ'd two times (while Pedro won them both), and just managed to get on the final podium in the last race (forgot the names of numbers 2 and 4, buth they were pretty consistent too.
Some of these championships are really challenging (while others on the same AI level are way too easy. There is clearly no consistency in the AI fields you get...
Now switching between 80 and 90%, the above mentioned WEC races were on 70%.

So I won the second event in my 'career' Aston GT4. Came second in the Lotus F1 overall after a couple of bad results and then did two events in a road going Audi A8. Now I'm doing a Zonda Hyrule invitational at Monza.. should be a laugh.

I just won Asia Pacific in GT4, and now it has taken me into GT4 Euro cup. How does this work? Is the Euro Cup the next level up? Last season I only came about 6th in Asia and didn't go on to Euro, so curious about what this means for career going forward - if I don't do well in Euro will I end up having to do Asia again?

I can't hold a lead in the LMP2 Series I'm currently in, because I make one silly blunder and it's all over. The AI are so unforgiving and robot-like it's ridiculous; they just don't make mistakes like humans do.

Gotta say, I'm very impressed by the current pit system that the game has. I was doing the Ruapuna LP900 Showdown and the weather was nuts, with lots of rain and thunderstorms so I went to the pits to change my tyres but something happened that never did before, the pit was occupied so I was unable to change my tyres and just passed through every car like a boss.

Last edited:
Gotta say, I'm very impressed by the current pit system that the game has. I was doing the Ruapuna LP900 Showdown and the weather was nuts, with lots of rain and thunderstorms so I went to the pits to change my tyres but something happened that never did before, the pit was occupied so I was unable to change my tyres and just passed through every car like a boss.
Normally you should have got a message that pit was occupied.

Maybe he did and didn't realise?

I'm onto the Lotus 78 which is epic. Codemasters really outta be made to play this game to see how F1 cars should be done one console.

The track really comes to you the more confidence you get.. and then you push that bit to far and your off. It's epic stuff. Imola started to really burn into my brain and I was taking more and more kerb and braking later and the car was loving it. Cockpit view is great in the single seaters.

Normally you should have got a message that pit was occupied.

Maybe he did and didn't realise?
I did got the message that's I written that above, maybe you saw that as a complaint but it was just my impressions. When I played through all disciplines, I could go to the pits and I always had space but since it was the first time that it happened, I liked the result. Most of time on the pits, I go through all cars since they are ghosts and I expected something similar to happen.

Cockpit view is great in all cars :D

Allways used bumper cam in GT (I now know it was because cockpit view is really bad in GT)
Now I allways use cockpit view in ProjectCARS :bowdown:

I can't use cockpit view in tin tops.. there's too much distraction so it's bumper cam for me.

@wicken. It's because your team mate is in the pits. If you're leading it doesn't occur because you always come round first.

Decisions, decisions. Start of season 3 and I have GT4, GT3, LMP3, Formula C and Formula Gulf offers. Narrowed my choice down to Aston Martin V8 GT4, McLaren 12C GT3, Formula C and Formula Gulf. Think I have to sleep on it and decide tomorrow. :lol:

Decisions, decisions. Start of season 3 and I have GT4, GT3, LMP3, Formula C and Formula Gulf offers. Narrowed my choice down to Aston Martin V8 GT4, McLaren 12C GT3, Formula C and Formula Gulf. Think I have to sleep on it and decide tomorrow. :lol:
Where were you in season 2?

Season 4.
Raced in the Caper stockcar at Laguna Seca.
First time I ever used that car. Don't really like it, but the dash is great, especially when lit.

After some six laps it started raining and as it turns out (never thought about it) this car has no windscreen wipers.
BIG FUN.... :dopey:

But I do like the "new" rain... 👍

Edit:
Found some more detail while running GT3 Euro Championship race at Brno.
After a few laps in the rain, I got some dirt, or insect, or rubber or whatever under the wiper which caused some concentric stripes on the windscreen. I took some two laps for them to gradually diminish and dissappear totally.

Last edited:
Season 4.
Raced in the Caper stockcar at Laguna Seca.
First time I ever used that car. Don't really like it, but the dash is great, especially when lit.

After some six laps it started raining and as it turns out (never thought about it) this car has no windscreen wipers.
BIG FUN.... :dopey:

But I do like the "new" rain... 👍

Edit:
Found some more detail while running GT3 Euro Championship race at Brno.
After a few laps in the rain, I got some dirt, or insect, or rubber or whatever under the wiper which caused some concentric stripes on the windscreen. I took some two laps for them to gradually diminish and dissappear totally.

Nascar don't race in the rain hence no wipers lol

Latest Posts

Back